+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Join Our Rally on Oct 23 in Toront for equal processing time(parent immigration)

clark2010

Oct 7, 2010
Join Our Rally on Oct 23 in Downtown Toronto
While we have been waiting for many years to reunite our parents in Canada through Parental Immigration Application, others who signed the same agreement and applied for the same application need only wait for a few months.

The current processing times for Parent and Grandparent Class vary from 1 year to more than 4 years depending where the applicants are from. For example, Warsaw 12 months, Hong Kong 21 months, New Delhi 27 months, Beijing 33 months, Colombo 47 months, and Accra 56 months.

Furthermore, based on the application inventory and annual visa quota data released by CIC, the difference of projected processing times among CIC Oversea Visa Offices are even worse: Havana 1 month, Paris 6 months, Buffalo 9 months, London 10 months, Hong Kong 2 years, New Delhi 2.7 years, Manila 3.2 years, Singapore 3.63 years, Beijing 6.3 years, Islamabad 7.75 years.

Why do some Canadians have to wait much longer than others? Are we not all the same? THIS IS TOTALLY UNFAIR!

We want equal processing times for parent immigration!

Join our rally on October 23rd Saturday at 11 AM in Downtown Toronto at King & University.

If you are going to join us, please drop a line with your name, location of residence and number of the attandents to rally1023@sponsorourparents.org for statistic purpose.

If you are from the city other than toronto and want to contact SponsorOurParent Group for cooperation and sharing the information or for media contact, please contact: info@sponsorourparents.org

SponsorOurParent Group

h

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
I'm sorry but I cannot support this, realistically, different visa offices have different rates of applicant numbers, differing rates of fraudulent papers etc. to through. It is really quite impossible to make all the processing times the same. Furthermore, do you really think that Canadians will be sympathetic to your cause when your rally could potentially cause them to be late to work, late getting home etc. Especially when many Canadians don't support parent sponsorship in the first place for valid and/or misguided perceived strains on the current social and medical systems.

Robins

Oct 4, 2010
Hycore said:
realistically, different visa offices have different rates of applicant numbers, differing rates of fraudulent papers etc. to through. It is really quite impossible to make all the processing times the same.
It makes sense. But why is the projected processing time for Singapore at 3.63 years?
Singapore has a squeaky clean image, so it is hard to imagine that there are more fraudulent papers to sort out than other Asian countries.

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Singapore does not only process applicants from Singapore, they also process for other countries in S.E. Asia, for example Thailand and Bangladesh and I am not sure where else, probably Malaysia. Currently, I am living in Thailand and I have seen so many examples of fake documents just within the education system here. You could not imagine how many school directors are walking around with "degrees" that were purchased and not earned. This also goes for some foreign teachers who bought their degrees from good old Khao San Rd. for less than $100 CAD. If some people are not honest with their applications, I would prefer waiting times to be extended even though it inconveniences me, rather than have these dishonest people come into Canadian society and manipulate it.

Robins

Oct 4, 2010
Hycore said:
Singapore does not only process applicants from Singapore, they also process for other countries in S.E. Asia, for example Thailand and Bangladesh and I am not sure where else, probably Malaysia. Currently, I am living in Thailand and I have seen so many examples of fake documents just within the education system here. You could not imagine how many school directors are walking around with "degrees" that were purchased and not earned. This also goes for some foreign teachers who bought their degrees from good old Khao San Rd. for less than $100 CAD. If some people are not honest with their applications, I would prefer waiting times to be extended even though it inconveniences me, rather than have these dishonest people come into Canadian society and manipulate it.
Well explained, Hycore. Canada has an honest system that should not be abused.
If there is any questions you have about living and employment opportunity in Canada, please feel free to ask me. :)

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
Hycore said:
I'm sorry but I cannot support this, realistically, different visa offices have different rates of applicant numbers, differing rates of fraudulent papers etc. to through. It is really quite impossible to make all the processing times the same. Furthermore, do you really think that Canadians will be sympathetic to your cause when your rally could potentially cause them to be late to work, late getting home etc. Especially when many Canadians don't support parent sponsorship in the first place for valid and/or misguided perceived strains on the current social and medical systems.
I agree with Hycore and couldn't support your proposal even if I was in the Toronto area. Any business including government needs to prioritize work loads to best use the resources available. I agree with how CIC has prioritized the visa applications for the family sponsorship: a) adoptions b) spousal/dependents c) families. Having spouses reunited to complete families should be a higher priority than sponsoring parents. I know that in some cases parents are growing elderly and are sickly, but this is precisely the reason why the applications take longer - this is perceived as a strain on the Canadian system. Sorry you are having to wait to have your parents application processed. I'm not sure how much support you will get from people in other sponsorship or immigration streams, and how much empathy you will get from local residents inconvenienced by your rally.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I too have to agree that spending most resources on spousal/children immigration is important. Without being rude, if you were that worried about your parents, then why leave the Country they are living in, in the first place?

Canadians are already very edgy about immigration, so holding this kind of rally will not make most citizens rush to support your cause.

I personally believe, that it is more important to review the spousal immigration route first, make that a tighter, quicker more efficient service. Maybe, if that happens, then the parental route can be looked at. But until, Canada has a faster spousal route, I cannot in all honesty, give my support to this cause.

cslave

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2012 from LVO
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
26-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2013
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
clark2010 said:
Join Our Rally on Oct 23 in Downtown Toronto
While we have been waiting for many years to reunite our parents in Canada through Parental Immigration Application, others who signed the same agreement and applied for the same application need only wait for a few months.

The current processing times for Parent and Grandparent Class vary from 1 year to more than 4 years depending where the applicants are from. For example, Warsaw 12 months, Hong Kong 21 months, New Delhi 27 months, Beijing 33 months, Colombo 47 months, and Accra 56 months.

Furthermore, based on the application inventory and annual visa quota data released by CIC, the difference of projected processing times among CIC Oversea Visa Offices are even worse: Havana 1 month, Paris 6 months, Buffalo 9 months, London 10 months, Hong Kong 2 years, New Delhi 2.7 years, Manila 3.2 years, Singapore 3.63 years, Beijing 6.3 years, Islamabad 7.75 years.

Why do some Canadians have to wait much longer than others? Are we not all the same? THIS IS TOTALLY UNFAIR!

We want equal processing times for parent immigration!

Join our rally on October 23rd Saturday at 11 AM in Downtown Toronto at King & University.

If you are going to join us, please drop a line with your name, location of residence and number of the attandents to rally1023 @ sponsorourparents.org for statistic purpose.

If you are from the city other than toronto and want to contact SponsorOurParent Group for cooperation and sharing the information or for media contact, please contact: info @ sponsorourparents.org

SponsorOurParent Group

h
CIC hasn't change anything on this issue.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
I believe that sponsoring parents, like most immigration, is a privilege and not a right. Some countries have more applicants or more corruption... therefore longer processing time. Canadians ARE really touchy about immigration. Including me ;D My attitude towards this is 'Suck it up, buttercup' :-*

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
14-09-2012 - New FBI needed - 120 days to submit - then told disregard request
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Meds received 29-05-2012; Medical extension received 16-10-2012
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2013 received at LA 08-01-2013 ; Decision Made 1-17-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 sent to wrong address; 13-02-2013 LA replied new COPR sent to correct address; 21-02-2013 COPR arrives in mail at new address
LANDED..........
22-02-2013....FINALLY after almost 1 full year since applying
I wouldn't support this either. I agree with Steph C.

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
19-06-2012 (Mississauga). 06-11-2012 (Bogota).
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
I as well agree with everyone. I can't support this. The first priority should be spouses. The new "super visa" is supposed to assist with some of these long waiting issues for sponsoring parents. I will emphasize what everyone else has been saying in that Canada is a priveledge, not a right. I can understand that people get very frustrated with the long waiting periods for parent sponsorship, however most parents that get sponsored are beyond working age, and would be simply collecting medical benefits from Canada in their retirement years. We have a strained system as it is. We aren't supporting our exisiting seniors the way we should be, and are in the beginning stages of baby boom retirement, which is going to put HUGE stresses on our social assistance and pension and medical programs. Suck it up. I'm sorry, but this is reality.

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Hi everyone,

Here's a way to draw attention with only a few words:

http://www.thestar.com/special/article/1209992--the-star-wants-to-solve-your-problems

"Email us at thestarsubmissions@gmail.com with a 3-5 word description of your problem in the subject line. We'll launch a week of solving your problems on Saturday, July 7."

I sent them an email with the subject line, "Spousal class immigration backlog," so if you are particularly concerned with the parent class, use that.