Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
The closed work permit (ICT) which was recently renewed for me mentions a ESDC/EDSC # on it which was not there in the previous work permit issued. This could be some sort of approval/submission/assessment that the employer does at EDSC before applying for the work permit. Rest time will tell..

jagsisingh said:
It looks like employer will need to get some sort of "valid assessment" done by Department of Employment and Social Development same as was for LMIA i believe. This is making it more difficult to get from employer. I think getting a job offer after PR was much simpler option. Please let me know if i am wrong.

shappa

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Hello every one ,

I am currently in Canada on ICT work permit with NOC A , but my work permit is valid up to 23rd January 2017, after that is not goining to renewed because of 5 years CAP system. can i eligible to get 50 points in EE profile for being ICT work permit holder , please advice.

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jagsisingh said:
It looks like employer will need to get some sort of "valid assessment" done by Department of Employment and Social Development same as was for LMIA i believe. This is making it more difficult to get from employer. I think getting a job offer after PR was much simpler option. Please let me know if i am wrong.
I think it's pretty much clear here. I also checked with KPMG, visa consultant. They also said same thing that job offer is not what we are thinking:

(a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
shappa said:
Hello every one ,

I am currently in Canada on ICT work permit with NOC A , but my work permit is valid up to 23rd January 2017, after that is not goining to renewed because of 5 years CAP system. can i eligible to get 50 points in EE profile for being ICT work permit holder , please advice.
Unfortunately this would not be possible for you mate.

SVY

Jan 22, 2016
fatani said:
Dear All,
Here is the snapshot of my employer Letter. I am on ICT and my ICT is expiring in Apr'2017. Can I claim 50 points and the produce the below as offer letter?

*************************************************************************************************
To Whom it may concern

This is to certify that Mr. ABC is a seconded employee of Company XYZ. Mr. ABC has been employeed with us on a full time basis since June 2000 and was seconded to XYZ effective 15-Apr 2013.

As per our records, his current role in XYZ is computer Programmer (NOC 2174) and he works 40 hours per week. During his assignment in canada, he has been performing the following responsibilities:
a)....
b)....
etc.

As per our records, his current residential address is the following: NNNNN and his approximate gross salary is nnn per year

This letter is being issued as requested by Mr.ABC for his inclusion in his application of Permanent residency in canada. It is anticipated that Mr. ABC will continue to be a XYZ employee. Please do not hesitate to contact me if any further information is required.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours
HR Manager

*************************************************************************************************
fatani said:
Yes this type of letter is good enough but just need to mention that the person will work for atleast 1 yr after becoming PR. Just ammend that and you are good to go
Hi Fatani,
Thanks. Please look at the last sentence of the letter above(It is anticipated that Mr. ABC will continue to be a XYZ employee).
Does this not emphasize that the employer is willing to continue him for an indeterminate period?

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
SVY said:
Hi Fatani,
Thanks. Please look at the last sentence of the letter above(It is anticipated that Mr. ABC will continue to be a XYZ employee).
Does this not emphasize that the employer is willing to continue him for an indeterminate period?
Yes I think its good enough.

jagsisingh

May 10, 2015
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
Hi fatani/Members,

I have spoken to my employer and they are saying they will put "it is based on project availability" clause in the Job offer. I think this will have negative impact what do you guys think?

fatani said:
Yes I think its good enough.

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
jagsisingh said:
Hi fatani/Members,

I have spoken to my employer and they are saying they will put "it is based on project availability" clause in the Job offer. I think this will have negative impact what do you guys think?
Does this mean, You will be unemployed if there is no project?
If yes then you need to worry, Else if you are a fulltime employee then it should not be a problem

jagsisingh

May 10, 2015
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
I am a Permanent Employee (Full time) but i am in services sector (like Sapient who works for clients) so that's why they want to mention this line.

magicvinu said:
Does this mean, You will be unemployed if there is no project?
If yes then you need to worry, Else if you are a fulltime employee then it should not be a problem

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
jagsisingh said:
I am a Permanent Employee (Full time) but i am in services sector (like Sapient who works for clients) so that's why they want to mention this line.
Just check with the Employer whether you will be localized (i.e. converted into Canadian employee) after getting PR.

jagsisingh

May 10, 2015
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
I am already in Toronto and employee of Canadian entity. Anyhow i tried updating my profile but i do not see Continue button to persist my updates. Its just giving "Save and Exit" button only. Is it same for everybody or just me.

magicvinu said:
Just check with the Employer whether you will be localized (i.e. converted into Canadian employee) after getting PR.

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
Hello Folks,

You need to create a new profile if you are facing issue with a current one. If you are not able to withdraw the current profile then create a new one.
i.e., create a NEW LOGIN ID by using a new user name and password.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp

PLEASE CLEAR THE BROWSER CACHE(USE CTRL + SHIFT + DEL) OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE SAME PROBLEM..This is based on my experience.

It takes few minutes to show the new score. No need to register in JOB Bank this time.

rajdevil3

Feb 22, 2015
Hello,
I had created a EE profile a few weeks back. After the change in EE points system, I updated my EE profile. Currently I'm in ICT with closed WP, LMIA exempt. I was expecting 50 points but the points never updated.

So, I withdrew my profile and created a whole new one to see if this helps. I created the profile again today, and status shows all forms are "Transmitted" and "Submitted". But, the points are still not updated.

Can someone tell me if there is any thing else that triggers the 50 points?

PS: Similar to the previous response, I've updated my profile similar the one shown below

Q1: Does FirstName Lastname have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
• be for full-time and for at least one year
• meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
• be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES

Q2: Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:
• full-time
• continuous and
• for at least one year?
YES

Q3: Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? - YES

Q4: Four digit NOC code - 2171

Q5: Job title: xxx

Q6: Information about the employer or company - ANSWERED TO ALL QUESTIONS
How many employers made this job offer?
Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
• An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
• An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
• Employer or company name?
• Contact address of employer or company
Intended location of employment in Canada
• Province or territory
• City/town
• Street address

Q7: Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
• Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? - NO
• Is FirstName LastName currently working in Canada? - YES
• Does FirstName LastName have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? - YES
• Is FirstName LastName 's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? - YES
• Has FirstName LastName been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time
work?) - YES
• Four digit NOC code of current work permit - 2171
• Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? - NO

Thanks,
KRC

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajdevil3 said:
Hello,
I had created a EE profile a few weeks back. After the change in EE points system, I updated my EE profile. Currently I'm in ICT with closed WP, LMIA exempt. I was expecting 50 points but the points never updated.

So, I withdrew my profile and created a whole new one to see if this helps. I created the profile again today, and status shows all forms are "Transmitted" and "Submitted". But, the points are still not updated.

Can someone tell me if there is any thing else that triggers the 50 points?

PS: Similar to the previous response, I've updated my profile similar the one shown below

Q1: Does FirstName Lastname have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
• be for full-time and for at least one year
• meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
• be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES

Q2: Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:
• full-time
• continuous and
• for at least one year?
YES

Q3: Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? - YES

Q4: Four digit NOC code - 2171

Q5: Job title: xxx

Q6: Information about the employer or company - ANSWERED TO ALL QUESTIONS
How many employers made this job offer?
Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
• An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
• An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
• Employer or company name?
• Contact address of employer or company
Intended location of employment in Canada
• Province or territory
• City/town
• Street address

Q7: Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
• Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? - NO
• Is FirstName LastName currently working in Canada? - YES
• Does FirstName LastName have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? - YES
• Is FirstName LastName 's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? - YES
• Has FirstName LastName been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time
work?) - YES
• Four digit NOC code of current work permit - 2171
• Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? - NO

Thanks,
KRC
I can't recall exactly which one but one of the questions regarding LMIA you should answer "NO, LMIA exempt" instead of "NO"

Cheers :)

rajdevil3

Feb 22, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
I can't recall exactly which one but one of the questions regarding LMIA you should answer "NO, LMIA exempt" instead of "NO"

Cheers :)
I selected
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? - NO

But, still no luck.
Is there anything else that I need to take care of?

Thanks,
KRC