+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Join - Only CEC Inland with ICT or NAFTA who will get 50 points on Nov 19th

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
The profile is showing "Processing Updates". Its more than 24 hours now. Any one got the updated points in last 24 hours

jagsisingh

May 10, 2015
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
Yes it did for me in 24 hours window.

magicvinu said:
The profile is showing "Processing Updates". Its more than 24 hours now. Any one got the updated points in last 24 hours

janasj

Oct 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same situation. more than 24hours and still in Processing Updates status.

magicvinu said:

gsi_m

Nov 20, 2016
Dear All,
I updated profile with work experience. I do not have any Canadian education.. still have not received any update to my points for ICT. I did updated more than 24hrs ago...
Looking for guidance as which fields to change or answer so to get ICT points ...

Thanks

shasai

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
I also see "Processing Updates" since more than 24 hours...

I believe i need to wait till monday morning...

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Different Set of Questions for Work in Comprehensive Ranking System at Canadavisa website. I know this is not an official CIC calculator but they have worded differently which makes sense to me.

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Some questions are as under -

Do you have a skilled job offer from a Canadian employer? - Yes / No

Is the position being offered a senior managerial level position (starting with National Occupation Classification 00)? Yes / No

Is this an indeterminate job offer (ie. no specified end-date)? Yes / No - This could answer to some of our doubts!!

Is this Job Offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment)? Yes/ No

Are you currently working in Canada on a valid work permit for the employer(s) offering you a job? Yes / No

Is this employer specified on your current work permit? (for example, if your work permit was issued under an international trade agreement such as NAFTA or if you are an intra-company transferee)? Yes / No

Is the job you are currently working in Canada supported by a LMIA or LMO? Yes / No

Have you been working for this employer for at least one year (at least 30 hours per week, or equivalent part-time)? Yes / No

Are you currently working in Canada on a work permit that is exempt from a LMIA by an international trade agreement (e.g. NAFTA) or a federal-provincial agreement? Yes / No

Are you working on a work permit described in section 205 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations? (For example, as an Intra-Company transferee or other significant benefit to Canada work initiative.) Yes / No

jagsisingh

May 10, 2015
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
Actually i tried that yesterday before updating my profile and this confused me alot with what is there on CIC. This calculator asks for Permanent offer with no date and then it asks for more questions like LMIA etc. So i believe if we don't have any date specified on our Offer letter and have work permit expiring after a year and so we might not need tht letter again from employer.

If we choose NO then it asks only for FST job and its LMIA. I think we might have to wait few days for CIC to clear out the instructions.

rg74 said:
Different Set of Questions for Work in Comprehensive Ranking System at Canadavisa website. I know this is not an official CIC calculator but they have worded differently which makes sense to me.

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Some questions are as under -

Do you have a skilled job offer from a Canadian employer? - Yes / No

Is the position being offered a senior managerial level position (starting with National Occupation Classification 00)? Yes / No

Is this an indeterminate job offer (ie. no specified end-date)? Yes / No - This could answer to some of our doubts!!

Is this Job Offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment)? Yes/ No

Are you currently working in Canada on a valid work permit for the employer(s) offering you a job? Yes / No

Is this employer specified on your current work permit? (for example, if your work permit was issued under an international trade agreement such as NAFTA or if you are an intra-company transferee)? Yes / No

Is the job you are currently working in Canada supported by a LMIA or LMO? Yes / No

Have you been working for this employer for at least one year (at least 30 hours per week, or equivalent part-time)? Yes / No

Are you currently working in Canada on a work permit that is exempt from a LMIA by an international trade agreement (e.g. NAFTA) or a federal-provincial agreement? Yes / No

Are you working on a work permit described in section 205 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations? (For example, as an Intra-Company transferee or other significant benefit to Canada work initiative.) Yes / No

Vani.A

Nov 20, 2016
Hi Guys -
i updated my EE profile correctly but still i don't see any change in Points . I am on CEC category and NOC-A ( 2174 ) with valid work permit.
when i updated my profile yesterday, it said Processing update for 10 mins and status got changed to submitted but no increase in points .
can someone please help me here ?

for those whose profile got added with 50 points ; please help me where am i doing wrong?

any step by step process u have?

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
Vani.A said:
Hi Guys -
i updated my EE profile correctly but still i don't see any change in Points . I am on CEC category and NOC-A ( 2174 ) with valid work permit.
when i updated my profile yesterday, it said Processing update for 10 mins and status got changed to submitted but no increase in points .
can someone please help me here ?

for those whose profile got added with 50 points ; please help me where am i doing wrong?

any step by step process u have?
Use this Calculator to find why your points have not increased.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Vani.A

Nov 20, 2016
yea... with calculator i see increase in points... but when i update my Express entry profile i dont see any change in my score... I dont know the reason...

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Vani.A said:
yea... with calculator i see increase in points... but when i update my Express entry profile i dont see any change in my score... I dont know the reason...
Give it some time. Logout of your profile and login back later. For many folks status still says processing for more that 36 hours so you are at least in good position.

janasj

Oct 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its more than 48 hours for me and still in "Processing Updates" status. If you are getting the status changed quickly, be happy about it :)
You will get the points eventually..

Vani.A said:

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Thanks to Pessi76. For ICT Folks, you just have to satisfy option (a), no confusion on Job Offer now.

As per the Canada Gazette Ministerial Instructions Amending the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, 2016-1. It says either (a) or (b).

Qualifying offer of arranged employment
(2) A qualifying offer of employment is one of the following:

(a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;

(b) an offer of continuous full-time employment for a total duration of at least one year from the day on which a permanent resident visa is issued in a skilled trade occupation as defined in subsection 87.2(1) of the Regulations that is made to the foreign national by up to two employers, neither of which is an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii) of the Regulations if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of one or two employers or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer is made by up to two employers who are specified on the work permit, the foreign national currently works for one of those employers, the work permit was issued on the basis of a positive determination by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to their employment with their current employer, the assessment by the Department of Employment and Social Development on which the determination is based is not revoked or suspended, and the offer is in a skilled trade occupation that is in the same minor group set out in the National Occupational Classification as the occupation specified on the work permit, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations that specifies the employer or employers that made the offer, and the foreign national works for an employer specified on the permit and has accumulated a total of at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for the employers who made the offer.

Courtesy - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

jagsisingh

May 10, 2015
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
It looks like employer will need to get some sort of "valid assessment" done by Department of Employment and Social Development same as was for LMIA i believe. This is making it more difficult to get from employer. I think getting a job offer after PR was much simpler option. Please let me know if i am wrong.

thinkshady said:
Thanks to Pessi76. For ICT Folks, you just have to satisfy option (a), no confusion on Job Offer now.

As per the Canada Gazette Ministerial Instructions Amending the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, 2016-1. It says either (a) or (b).

Qualifying offer of arranged employment
(2) A qualifying offer of employment is one of the following:

(a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;

(b) an offer of continuous full-time employment for a total duration of at least one year from the day on which a permanent resident visa is issued in a skilled trade occupation as defined in subsection 87.2(1) of the Regulations that is made to the foreign national by up to two employers, neither of which is an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii) of the Regulations if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of one or two employers or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer is made by up to two employers who are specified on the work permit, the foreign national currently works for one of those employers, the work permit was issued on the basis of a positive determination by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to their employment with their current employer, the assessment by the Department of Employment and Social Development on which the determination is based is not revoked or suspended, and the offer is in a skilled trade occupation that is in the same minor group set out in the National Occupational Classification as the occupation specified on the work permit, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations that specifies the employer or employers that made the offer, and the foreign national works for an employer specified on the permit and has accumulated a total of at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for the employers who made the offer.

Courtesy - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
jagsisingh said:
It looks like employer will need to get some sort of "valid assessment" done by Department of Employment and Social Development same as was for LMIA i believe. This is making it more difficult to get from employer. I think getting a job offer after PR was much simpler option. Please let me know if i am wrong.
You have to provide a written letter in any circumstances it is must.