Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
I agree , because no company will give such an offer letter that the person will be employed by us from a date (which is after a year or 2 depending on the processing time ) for another 1 year. Also he/she would be working at so & so salary. It is really absurd to expect such a letter from a company. In today's economy even if you have an offer letter you could be relieved of your job by giving a few days/weeks notice (in IT specially).

CIC terms are so confusing in case of LMIA exempt cases.

magicvinu said:
I don't doubt agree with you. If that would have been the case than there would have been a question like.
"Do you have the job offer or employment for next 1-2 years"
Or
" Is the offer with end date ?"
No company will give such letter. Even company don't issue a simple employment reference letter.

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
rg74 said:
I agree , because no company will give such an offer letter that the person will be employed by us from a date (which is after a year or 2 depending on the processing time ) for another 1 year. Also he/she would be working at so & so salary. It is really absurd to expect such a letter from a company. In today's economy even if you have an offer letter you could be relieved of your job by giving a few days/weeks notice (in IT specially).

CIC terms are so confusing in case of LMIA exempt cases.
My friends got PR without employment reference letter, So we just need to specify in letter of explanation that my company doesn't give such letters as per company policy.

We can get emails from manger stating my work in Canada is for next 1-2 years. Such emails can be attached along with LOE. People in this thread are creating panic.

No need to panic for this simple thing.

Eswaran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Strongly agreed, you never know when you would be invited though you got 50 points now, I do not think we can convince employer to provide such conditional offer letter. Everywhere offer is getting extended year to year. Although company issued such letter, company may get block listed if company could not keep their word. I think this law change will be welcomed by people who studied in canada

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
magicvinu said:
My friends got PR without employment reference letter, So we just need to specify in letter of explanation that my company doesn't give such letters as per company policy.

We can get emails from manger stating my work in Canada is for next 1-2 years. Such emails can be attached along with LOE. People in this thread are creating panic.

I highly doubt this approach. Reference letter is a completely different thing. It is mere attestation of your skills by the person who oversaw your work. Even if company wants to provide such letter, they would get it from the supervisor only. Offer letter is not like that. No manager can have any say on some employee's future employment, salary etc. It is something that is under HRs/management's discretion. This approach might land people in trouble in my opinion.

Eswaran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
magicvinu said:

If You claim 50 Points, you must provide Valid Job Offer as stated in cic. If you are nominated without 50 points, I agree that you may not need reference letter

Eswaran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
If you have 1 year valid job offer you may not need around 20k in your account to help yourself. The job offer validity doesn't make sense. Is any body checked with their lawyers?

SVY

Jan 22, 2016
Dear All,
Here is the snapshot of my employer Letter. I am on ICT and my ICT is expiring in Apr'2017. Can I claim 50 points and the produce the below as offer letter?

*************************************************************************************************
To Whom it may concern

This is to certify that Mr. ABC is a seconded employee of Company XYZ. Mr. ABC has been employeed with us on a full time basis since June 2000 and was seconded to XYZ effective 15-Apr 2013.

As per our records, his current role in XYZ is computer Programmer (NOC 2174) and he works 40 hours per week. During his assignment in canada, he has been performing the following responsibilities:
a)....
b)....
etc.

As per our records, his current residential address is the following: NNNNN and his approximate gross salary is nnn per year

This letter is being issued as requested by Mr.ABC for his inclusion in his application of Permanent residency in canada. It is anticipated that Mr. ABC will continue to be a XYZ employee. Please do not hesitate to contact me if any further information is required.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours
HR Manager

*************************************************************************************************

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Can ICT be a scam? is there a check on the credibility of the organisation or any organisation having a branch in Canada and rest of world can be part of ICT? This way organisation can provide the backdoor to their existing employees to be canadian PR with exchange of money???

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
Eswaran said:
If You claim 50 Points, you must provide Valid Job Offer as stated in cic. If you are nominated without 50 points, I agree that you may not need reference letter
Why would any company will issue such letters will in advance?

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
Hi,

My workpermit will expire in April 2017(LMIA exempt), However my Employer have requested for extension. The extension will be done till April 2017.

I have a offer letter specifying.

"This project is ongoing, and we hope to extend this assignment for an additional 24 months. "
It also specifies other parts like NOC code, roles duties, etc.

Can this letter be used as offer of Employment?

Note: All other conditions are satisfied, like worked for 1 year for current employer, WP has Employer name etc..

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
SVY said:
Dear All,
Here is the snapshot of my employer Letter. I am on ICT and my ICT is expiring in Apr'2017. Can I claim 50 points and the produce the below as offer letter?

To Whom it may concern

This is to certify that Mr. ABC is a seconded employee of Company XYZ. Mr. ABC has been employeed with us on a full time basis since June 2000 and was seconded to XYZ effective 15-Apr 2013.

As per our records, his current role in XYZ is computer Programmer (NOC 2174) and he works 40 hours per week. During his assignment in canada, he has been performing the following responsibilities:
a)....
b)....
etc.

As per our records, his current residential address is the following: NNNNN and his approximate gross salary is nnn per year

This letter is being issued as requested by Mr.ABC for his inclusion in his application of Permanent residency in canada. It is anticipated that Mr. ABC will continue to be a XYZ employee. Please do not hesitate to contact me if any further information is required.

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours
HR Manager

Yes this type of letter is good enough but just need to mention that the person will work for atleast 1 yr after becoming PR. Just ammend that and you are good to go

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Eswaran said:
If you have 1 year valid job offer you may not need around 20k in your account to help yourself. The job offer validity doesn't make sense. Is any body checked with their lawyers?
I think you guys are understanding it now. You need a JOB OFFER letter. As LMIAs guarantee that the PR holder will do job for 1 yr after becoming PR. Same goes to ICT as well. If you cant provide letter or company dont want to give letter it means they dont want to hire you after you become PR. They dont want to guarantee your position and what CIC needs is Job guarantee after PR. Thats why they are giving more points to Job offers guys because they have guarantee of job and dont require them to show proof of funds. You just cant put a LOE that your employer is not issueing the letter they will reject you in such case because they need a clear OFFER.

My advice to all of you ask your bosses that will you need me if I become PR here. If they say yes ask them to provide such letter. And if they cant provide and say it is against the rules than consult with immigration lawyers that what is to do in this case gain more knowledge do more research that how to prove you will work in Canada after becoming PR for same company for 1 yr.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
fatani said:
I think you guys are understanding it now. You need a JOB OFFER letter. As LMIAs guarantee that the PR holder will do job for 1 yr after becoming PR. Same goes to ICT as well. If you cant provide letter or company dont want to give letter it means they dont want to hire you after you become PR. They dont want to guarantee your position and what CIC needs is Job guarantee after PR. Thats why they are giving more points to Job offers guys because they have guarantee of job and dont require them to show proof of funds. You just cant put a LOE that your employer is not issueing the letter they will reject you in such case because they need a clear OFFER.

My advice to all of you ask your bosses that will you need me if I become PR here. If they say yes ask them to provide such letter. And if they cant provide and say it is against the rules than consult with immigration lawyers that what is to do in this case gain more knowledge do more research that how to prove you will work in Canada after becoming PR for same company for 1 yr.
Thanks for the update again ICT Saviour, we have many folks like rg74 who have already taken this route. Lets wait to hear from them which would clear the air. No point in bumping multiple threads with same frozen update.