+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer under CEC

Sudhan80

Nov 6, 2019
Hi all,
I am currently in canada and applying for PR through Canadian Experience Class.i have one year Canada experience. my current score is 429 without job offer. I have a LMIA exempt job offer, and my Job offer ends Dec 2020. can i still apply for PR with job offer and get additional 50 points for express entry?
I read in valid job offer page in canada website that i need to have atleast 1 year job offer after they issue PR.
if that is the case i do not have one year becos if i apply now i may get PR say in 4-5 months, by that time i will not have sufficient time for job.
if anybody can help me in that it will be helpful

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,
I am currently in canada and applying for PR through Canadian Experience Class.i have one year Canada experience. my current score is 429 without job offer. I have a LMIA exempt job offer, and my Job offer ends Dec 2020. can i still apply for PR with job offer and get additional 50 points for express entry?
I read in valid job offer page in canada website that i need to have atleast 1 year job offer after they issue PR.
if that is the case i do not have one year becos if i apply now i may get PR say in 4-5 months, by that time i will not have sufficient time for job.
if anybody can help me in that it will be helpful

Thanks
What kind of work permit do you have?

talk2allan

Dec 13, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
mississauga
NOC Code......
i have closed work permit for valid until Jan 3 2021. For an IT based company.
Hi ,

You would require a letter from your company on the letter head stating that they will continue your employment for a long term (if they are not writing the dates)even after you get PR. Deputation letter is valid. It has to latest issued document. if you don't have such letter , 99.99% chances are for rejection.

hakweye

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
i have closed work permit for valid until Jan 3 2021. For an IT based company.
When you say your Job Offer ends on Dec 2020, I assume it is your assignment/deputation end by Dec 2020. You can speak to your manager to see if your assignment/deputation can be extended till your WP end date and Go over below thread for more info.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-got-ppr-who-applied-with-50-additional-point-ict-cec-inland.481071/

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
That is correct - a valid job offer is an offer of FUTURE employment, not your current employment - you cannot use an old job offer letter. It specifically has to be for at least one year AFTER you become a permanent resident (or for "permanent" employment). If you cannot get that, you cannot claim the points, and will have to find another way to raise your score.

Reactions: s5773377

s5773377

Star Member
May 16, 2018
That is correct - a valid job offer is an offer of FUTURE employment, not your current employment - you cannot use an old job offer letter. It specifically has to b
e for at least one year AFTER you become a permanent resident (or for "permanent" employment). If you cannot get that, you cannot claim the points, and will have to find another way to raise your score.
From this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

It also must be made :
  • by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident
I am a bit confused between "a new positive LMIA" and an LMIA. My Offer does not mention about the duration. Would It be an issue?

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
From this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

It also must be made :
  • SCENARIO 1 : by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • SCENARIO 2: if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident
I am a bit confused between "a new positive LMIA" and an LMIA.
If you are already working on a work permit that was based on an LMIA, then that is an OLD LMIA. If your employer then applies for a new LMIA (for future employment), well, then... it is NEW : )

My Offer does not mention about the duration. Would It be an issue?
Of course it is an issue. But I don´t believe there is no duration. What exactly does it say?

Reactions: s5773377

s5773377

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Thank you for your answer, it was given to me in 2018 from the current company, it includes all other information like salary, duties, etc....but, does not mention the duration......I also add LMIA within this document which states 2 years. Other documents like employment letter, preference letter also do not include this information. Should I submit an updated offer through the webform?

talk2allan

Dec 13, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
mississauga
NOC Code......
Hi ,

You would require a letter from your company on the letter head stating that they will continue your employment for a long term (if they are not writing the dates)even after you get PR. Deputation letter is valid. It has to latest issued document. if you don't have such letter , 99.99% chances are for rejection.
Just to correct , Deputation letter is not a valid to claim the points. ...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you for your answer, it was given to me in 2018 from the current company, it includes all other information like salary, duties, etc....but, does not mention the duration......I also add LMIA within this document which states 2 years. Other documents like employment letter, preference letter also do not include this information. Should I submit an updated offer through the webform?
Then you do not have a valid job offer and cannot claim the 50 points. If your current permit was issued on the basis of a positive LMIA, you would only need a NEW job offer letter for the future, at least one year AFTER you become a permanent resident, to be able to claim a valid job offer (Scenario 2). Of course, if your employer gets a new LMIA, then you would have a valid job offer under Scenario 1.

s5773377

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Then you do not have a valid job offer and cannot claim the 50 points. If your current permit was issued on the basis of a positive LMIA, you would only need a NEW job offer letter for the future, at least one year AFTER you become a permanent resident, to be able to claim a valid job offer (Scenario 2). Of course, if your employer gets a new LMIA, then you would have a valid job offer under Scenario 1.
Should I upload an updated job offer which states another two years through webform now? since 50 points are important for my apps

Vivekverma202

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hello jas
I have the same issue. I got a new LMIA recently just to support permanent residency. In my job offer it states: full time and permanent but in LMIA it states 2 years in duration i’m on a open work permit right now.
Do I need to submit new job offer stating atleast 1 years after become PR?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello jas
I have the same issue. I got a new LMIA recently just to support permanent residency. In my job offer it states: full time and permanent but in LMIA it states 2 years in duration i’m on a open work permit right now.
Do I need to submit new job offer stating atleast 1 years after become PR?
If you have a new LMIA, you only need to upload that. (Congrats!!)

Reactions: Vivekverma202