talk2allan

Dec 13, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
mississauga
NOC Code......
If you have a new LMIA, you only need to upload that. (Congrats!!)
still a risk of rejection. LMIA , is just for eligibility . you still need letter from your organization. One of may friend got a rejected. his work permit was renewed 3 months prior AOR.

Nif

Jun 20, 2020
Hi ..
Can u clarify dis confusion..
My offer letter says...
Xxx company intends to provide a long term employment to xxx person.
And will continue to offer full time even after his permanent residency is issued as per the project and business requirement.
Are these lines accepted by ircc with regard to 1 year employment after pr status??

f37

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
I am in a similar situation.

I have my two years contact (September 01 2018 to August 31 2020) as full-time post-doc (35 hours per week) extended by 1 more year (extension from September 01 2020 to August 31 2021). To get my ITA I selected valid job offer and got 50 points for that (without there was no chance of getting the ITA).

I submitted my PR application under CEC on May 8th 2020 and the expected completion date for processing my PR application is November 8 2020. I am worried that by the time my application is processed the job offer will fall short of the 1 year required by IRCC. Someone pointed out that having been working for 2 years full time with 35 hours per week and with the third year extension with the same full-time and 35 hours per week my employment would be considered as indeterminate employment and I don't have to worry about that.

Can anybody confirm this?

Nif

Jun 20, 2020
Did ur job offer state as intends to provide long term employment for full time after issuing pr..
Will this word suffice as atleast 1 year after pr thing...

f37

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Did ur job offer state as intends to provide long term employment for full time after issuing pr..
Will this word suffice as atleast 1 year after pr thing...

No, it just specifies the definite term duration till August 31 2021.

uv_thind

Jul 18, 2020
Hello jas
I have the same issue. I got a new LMIA recently just to support permanent residency. In my job offer it states: full time and permanent but in LMIA it states 2 years in duration i’m on a open work permit right now.
Do I need to submit new job offer stating atleast 1 years after become PR?
Hi,
Can you please update which documents you upload for EE. I also got LMIA approval for Permanent residence stream. I am on PGWP. I received an ITA and now I have to submit documents - Offer of employment,
Letter of Employment and Employment Verification. Can you please help me and provide me the sample letter if possible.
Thank you kindly in advance

Tammu

Mar 9, 2020
Hi all,
I am currently in canada and applying for PR through Canadian Experience Class.i have one year Canada experience. my current score is 429 without job offer. I have a LMIA exempt job offer, and my Job offer ends Dec 2020. can i still apply for PR with job offer and get additional 50 points for express entry?
I read in valid job offer page in canada website that i need to have atleast 1 year job offer after they issue PR.
if that is the case i do not have one year becos if i apply now i may get PR say in 4-5 months, by that time i will not have sufficient time for job.
if anybody can help me in that it will be helpful

Thanks
Hi Sudhan,
I am also in the same boat.. I would like to know whether you are applying with job offer or not. My situation:
I am getting 457 without job offer. Without knowing these details, i have launched my profile with claiming job offer,(507 points). I received ITA as well.. Now i am thinkng to update my profile without job offer. Let me know if you can provide me some clarity on this..

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi Sudhan,
I am also in the same boat.. I would like to know whether you are applying with job offer or not. My situation:
I am getting 457 without job offer. Without knowing these details, i have launched my profile with claiming job offer,(507 points). I received ITA as well.. Now i am thinkng to update my profile without job offer. Let me know if you can provide me some clarity on this..
Did you receive an ITA in recent round? With 417 cut off? If so, you’ll make do without the job offer points (just say no and explain in LOE the change in score) and then apply.

Tammu

Mar 9, 2020
Did you receive an ITA in recent round? With 417 cut off? If so, you’ll make do without the job offer points (just say no and explain in LOE the change in score) and then apply.
Hi, thank you for the reply...
yes in the recent one with 417 cutoff... so, if i say no and apply with out job offer, do i need to give any extra document like that for my existing job which is an employer specific which is valid till Dec 2022 ... I have letter of employment from my employer... Is that enough?

Last edited:

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi, thank you for the reply...
yes in the recent one with 417 cutoff... so, if i say no and apply with out job offer, do i need to give any extra document like that for my existing job which is an employer specific which is valid till Dec 2022 ... I have letter of employment from my employer... Is that enough?
Yes, just say no. Your CRS of 457 is enough. You’re only claiming work experience points, correct? Then your work reference letter is enough and it’s dated AFTER you complete your needed Canadian work experience . Make sure your ref letters have all the required details as mentioned here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Reactions: Tammu

Tammu

Mar 9, 2020
Yes, just say no. Your CRS of 457 is enough. You’re only claiming work experience points, correct? Then your work reference letter is enough and it’s dated AFTER you complete your needed Canadian work experience . Make sure your ref letters have all the required details as mentioned here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
I don't think i can get reference letters from my employer, If i am not able to get them, can i submit my promotion and compensation documents for each role which were dated in the past?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I don't think i can get reference letters from my employer, If i am not able to get them, can i submit my promotion and compensation documents for each role which were dated in the past?
The requirement is to provide reference letters with all the needed details in the link I shared above, that’s what IRCC wants so read it thoroughly. If your company’s HR is not willing to provide, try your manager or supervisor. If you still can’t provide, explain it in your application, provide evidence that you did try (e.g., emails from employer denying the request) and submit other documents to show the information that IRCC needs to see. Up to IRCC if they will accept what you’ve submitted.

Reactions: Tammu