+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer for Intra Company Transfer

cck1986

May 8, 2020
I am ICT from TCS. Still not filled will be filling shortly. Can you guys guide how to get the letter from TCS. I could gather some bonafied letter which states that I am full time employee and mentioned start date in Canada and work permit expiry date in TCS letter head
sorry to say but TCS won't give any letters as per their policies.. But I think you can use all other supporting documents and draft a good Letter of Explanation and the chances it might work is more than 50%

ManuGaur

May 17, 2018
Hi ,
I am on a LMIA approved job , my employer gave me letter stating below things,
Will it be sufficient to claim Job offer points with LMIA approved for same company. ??

"This letter is to confirm the Mr. Manu is currently employed with Company Name XXX , as a full time Consultant. He/she has been employed with us since 5th July, 2019. His salary is CAD xxx"

Nadelin

Jun 25, 2020
Hi,
I have a question regarding the process for Intra-Company Transfer.
Citizen of Jamaica, working on a position Manager (as an independent contractor) in US company, wants to enter and work in Canada in the Ontario's Branch Office of the US Company, which is in the process of establishing.
Is this possible?
Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,
I have a question regarding the process for Intra-Company Transfer.
Citizen of Jamaica, working on a position Manager (as an independent contractor) in US company, wants to enter and work in Canada in the Ontario's Branch Office of the US Company, which is in the process of establishing.
Is this possible?
Thank you
1. No, as you claim to be an independent contractor, for intra company transfers you would have to have been an employee for at least a year.

rajas1234

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
Hi

1. No, as you claim to be an independent contractor, for intra company transfers you would have to have been an employee for at least a year.
Hi, Currently i am working in LMIA exempt ICT for last 15 months (since May 2019). I have ICT work permit valid till May 2021 only. Can i claim 50 points for job offer ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, Currently i am working in LMIA exempt ICT for last 15 months (since May 2019). I have ICT work permit valid till May 2021 only. Can i claim 50 points for job offer ?
You can as long as your employer provides you with a letter stating they will offer you a job for at least one year after you become a PR.

rajas1234

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
You can as long as your employer provides you with a letter stating they will offer you a job for at least one year after you become a PR.
Thanks for response. My Employer just give a letter stating that i am a employee of their company since May 2019 and currently in "long term" assignment in Canada. Is this letter enough to claim 50 points :

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for response. My Employer just give a letter stating that i am a employee of their company since May 2019 and currently in "long term" assignment in Canada. Is this letter enough to claim 50 points :
It's not unfortunately. The letter really needs to state that they will continue to employ you for at least a year after you become a PR. If you don't have this stated specifically in the employer letter, there's quite a high chance IRCC will say you can't claim the 50 points.

rajas1234

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
It's not unfortunately. The letter really needs to state that they will continue to employ you for at least a year after you become a PR. If you don't have this stated specifically in the employer letter, there's quite a high chance IRCC will say you can't claim the 50 points.
Thanks again for the response. Since the scores are coming down, i will go without job offer on the safer side.

I have one last question. I am Married currently working in Canada and my spouse is in India. She has never been in Canada. In the express entry profile, i answered that i am MARRIED but i also mentioned that she will not come with me to Canada. Is this ok ? Should i have to give any explanation letter on why she is not coming to Canada?

1) What is your marital status? MARRIED
2) Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada? - NO

Last edited:

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
I did not have to provide any additional documents. Lawyer sent web query mentioning permanent nature of my employment already evident from the submitted documents.
@sdhou can you please suggest which lawyer firm dealt your case? I am also in same situation. I have deputation letter dated mar 2019 and standard bonafide letter mentioning name, DOJ of initial joining, salary and current designation. It does not have job duties mentioned. I think this requirement to mention at least one year job to anyone once pr approved is ridiculous. Not sure which company would mention anything like this. When I joined company 13 yrs ago the offer letter did not said anything, but still I am with them.
Appreciate if you could share requested details.

Umarama29

Jun 26, 2020
Hello all,
I posted my query in other threads but didnt get any response. So posting it here aswell.
I currently working in Canada on closed work permit which is LMIA exempt. I came here on Intra company transfer. As I completed 1 year in canada and also my employer will be providing the job offer stating as per cic requirements, Im planning to claim 50 points for job offer.
My question is, after I get ITA and after I submit my PR application, and while it is in process, if I had to return to India and still continue working for same employer, will it affect the PR application which is in progress? Im asking as I will be claiming 50 points for job offer.
Thanks!

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Hello all,
I posted my query in other threads but didnt get any response. So posting it here aswell.
I currently working in Canada on closed work permit which is LMIA exempt. I came here on Intra company transfer. As I completed 1 year in canada and also my employer will be providing the job offer stating as per cic requirements, Im planning to claim 50 points for job offer.
My question is, after I get ITA and after I submit my PR application, and while it is in process, if I had to return to India and still continue working for same employer, will it affect the PR application which is in progress? Im asking as I will be claiming 50 points for job offer.
Thanks!
yes it will.. 50 points for job offer is like you are saying you are going to work here.. But if you go back then the condition cannot be fulfilled ri8.. But if you get PR before you leave it's a different story

Umarama29

Jun 26, 2020
yes it will.. 50 points for job offer is like you are saying you are going to work here.. But if you go back then the condition cannot be fulfilled ri8.. But if you get PR before you leave it's a different story
Bit isn't the job offer is for 1 year after the PR is issued? No where in CIC website is mentioned I need to be in Canada while PR is in process. Hence my question.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bit isn't the job offer is for 1 year after the PR is issued? No where in CIC website is mentioned I need to be in Canada while PR is in process. Hence my question.
Yes, but this rule is for people who are currently working in Canada - which you won't be. This is why you are at risk for losing the points.

If you want to safely keep the points and be outsitde of Canada, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. The LMIA is what allows people who are not working in Canada to claim the 50 points.

Umarama29

Jun 26, 2020
Yes, but this rule is for people who are currently working in Canada - which you won't be. This is why you are at risk for losing the points.

If you want to safely keep the points and be outsitde of Canada, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. The LMIA is what allows people who are not working in Canada to claim the 50 points.
Team,

I did ask my question to IRCC and below is the response I received. Can someone explain as Im quite confused..

We confirm that you may leave Canada while your application is being processed. Upon return, an officer will need to ask you questions to ensure you still meet all requirements before allowing you to re-enter Canada and avoid having your application considered as abandoned due to your absence.

If you leave Canada and want to return, please make sure that you bring all the required documents to re-enter. This can include a valid:

· Passport or other travel documents,

· Work permit, study permit or visitor record, if you need one, and

· Temporary resident visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), if you need one.