+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer for Intra Company Transfer

kartikj001

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Hi, I have a query with respect to Job Offer in Canada while applying for Canadian PR.

I am ICT work permit holder working at my client location in Montreal, Canada from Jan 2020. Can i use the deputation letter provided by my organization to claim 50 points?

1. I am here on ICT
2. My employers Canada HQ/ Office is in Toronto
3. I am deputed in Montreal, QC (Client location)
4. I have close to 2 years experience in Canada through ICT WP (Closed WP)

Just wanted to know if I can claim 50 points that is given for a valid job offer letter in Canada. Can someone assist me with the query?

Thanks in advance.
Yes you can claim 50 points.
i dont know wwhat deputation letter means but you have the offer letter from your org. your payslips then you are good to go

Nov 8, 2021
Hi,

I am working at this company since March 2017 and my employer will transfer me from Philippines to Canada via ICT Work Permit.

Given that I have been working since 2017, will I be able to get points in "arranged employment" for Federal Skilled Worker?

IRCC website says:

• if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

My concern is the highlighted one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I am working at this company since March 2017 and my employer will transfer me from Philippines to Canada via ICT Work Permit.

Given that I have been working since 2017, will I be able to get points in "arranged employment" for Federal Skilled Worker?

IRCC website says:

• if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

My concern is the highlighted one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
No, you won't.

Since you are moving to Canada on an ICT, you will need to work for your employer in Canada for a full year first before you will be able to claim the job offer points.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@scylla @scenestrange @abhi77

Arranged employment 50 points not awarded in my profile despite filling everything right.

I'm on ICT work permit LMIA Exempt.

Here are my responses in Express Entry Profile-

Does ABC have a job offer in Canada?
Yes

Is this job offer for work that is:
full-time, continuous and for at least one year?
Yes

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
Yes

Four digit NOC code

Job title
nnnnn nnnnn

How many employers made this job offer?

An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
No

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
No

Employer or company name
nnnnn

Contact address of employer or company
nnnnn

Province or territory
Ontario

City/town
nnnnn

Street address
nnnnn

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
No

Is ABC currently working in Canada?
Yes

Does ABC have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
Yes

Is ABC's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
Yes

Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
Yes

Four digit NOC code of current work permit

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer-specific

Can you let me know what's stopping to claim 50 points?
Have you been at the job for one year? If not, no points.

asar771

Feb 10, 2021
Hi

I'm on student permit and my spouse is on sowp however with his sowp his company (big IT firm) gave him internal transfer as well... now I want to know after an year can he claim 50 points as sowp is lmia exempt visa and he has got internal transfer. It's one of a kind case so confusing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I'm on student permit and my spouse is on sowp however with his sowp his company (big IT firm) gave him internal transfer as well... now I want to know after an year can he claim 50 points as sowp is lmia exempt visa and he has got internal transfer. It's one of a kind case so confusing.
Not confusing at all. It's determined based on the work permit he holds. He holds a SOWP which is an open work permit with no employer named. So the only way he can get the 50 points is if the employer gets an approved LMIA.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hello,

I have a question on the same topic, if someone could please answer it I would really appreciate.

I will initiate my PR Application under the CEC Category in November 2019 as I would complete 1 year of employment on a Work Permit (LMIA Exempt) in Canada.

Below is my question

Given that I will have 1 year of work experience in Canada (in November 2019) I will be eligible to claim the Canada Work Experience points. Would I also be able to claim points for the Job Offer if my employer provides an Offer of Permanent Employment after obtaining PR?

So is it, Canada Work Experience Points + Job Offer Points?

Thank you
AA
Hi were you able to claim the 50 points for the job offer

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
I did not have to provide any additional documents. Lawyer sent web query mentioning permanent nature of my employment already evident from the submitted documents.
Hi were you able to claim the job offer points
I am in the same situation please advise on how to proceed

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi ,
I am on a LMIA approved job , my employer gave me letter stating below things,
Will it be sufficient to claim Job offer points with LMIA approved for same company. ??

"This letter is to confirm the Mr. Manu is currently employed with Company Name XXX , as a full time Consultant. He/she has been employed with us since 5th July, 2019. His salary is CAD xxx"
Hi - were u able to claim these points and got the PR approved ?

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
@sdhou can you please suggest which lawyer firm dealt your case? I am also in same situation. I have deputation letter dated mar 2019 and standard bonafide letter mentioning name, DOJ of initial joining, salary and current designation. It does not have job duties mentioned. I think this requirement to mention at least one year job to anyone once pr approved is ridiculous. Not sure which company would mention anything like this. When I joined company 13 yrs ago the offer letter did not said anything, but still I am with them.
Appreciate if you could share requested details.
Hi - Were you able to claim these points

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Again much thanks, all your answers to my question really helps to understand the glitch & process. Its really helpful and I appreciate your prompt response on my questions.
Hi were you able to claim the job offer points while on ict here
I am in the same boat Any help will be much appreciated