+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January/February 2020 Paper-based applications

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
I know IRCC issues a ministerial instruction in July 2020 that "paper- bases applications will not be processes until further notice." However they failed to specify whether those that submitted before the lockdown through VFS Global
are exempt and whether their applications will still be in process.
I heard from a friend of mine in India that paper- based study permit application s will be ON HOLD until the high commission of Canada in that respective country is opened band able to process applications. However, I recently heard about a guy from Bangladesh that applied through paper and raised a webform through IRCC Singapore. They replied to him that his application was "approved-in-principle" However his GC account still remains the same generic "review of eligibility" and "review of background check". Does that mean IRCC is still processing certain paper-based applications or not?

Hence why I want us all to share our profiles and timelines so that we can all understand whether anyone worldwide has received any vital updates especially regarding this new two-stage approval. Does approval-in-principle and eligibility/admissibility apply to paper-based applicants that linked their applications online?

My Profile/Timeline:-

Application submission date:- February 18th 2020
Biometrics:- completed same day
Medicals:- No upfront medicals; waiting for IRCC medical request
Raised 4 CSE webforms since May - all generic "your applications is in process..."
GC account status :- review of eligibility and processing background check
Submitted from:- Kenya
No update since March 2020 when I linked my application to an online GC account.

Athul94

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Bro i saw a video on youtube of a guy whose file was submitted via offline on feb 26th and got visa approval on july 14th. He is from india though.

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
I
Bro i saw a video on youtube of a guy whose file was submitted via offline on feb 26th and got visa approval on july 14th. He is from india though.
Bro thanks for your input. That means that IRCC is more accommodating to applicants based in India that submitted offline. Most of my peeps in other parts of the world have not yet been approved that submitted offline.

Mdurra

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Brazil.
Application January 3rd
Passed exams January 17th
Background and elegibility have started on March.
No updates since

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
Jamaica
Applied Feb 25
Biometrics completed
Web form raised, generic response received
Unable to link application to online account
No further updates received

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Thanks
Brazil.
Application January 3rd
Passed exams January 17th
Background and elegibility have started on March.
No updates since
Same as me since March man. I heard from a friend of mine that IRCC held a webinar is India this month and that they intend to issue "approvals-in-principle" this week. So let's see how true that is.

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Applied Feb 25
Biometrics completed
Web form raised, generic response received
Unable to link application to online account
No further updates received
Yeah man those generic responses are annoying as hell. You should be able to link your application online if your followed the steps outlined on the CIC website for linking paper applications. Though I read someone that certain applications can't be linked. I heard from a friend of mine that IRCC held a webinar is India this month and that they intend to issue "approvals-in-principle" this week. So IRCC might send you a notice by email since your app isn't linked online.

Reactions: LorLor

Asif77

Dec 9, 2018
i am also waiting for medical exam. my last update in march2020. that "we reviewing uploaded documents which you provided".... any suggestion.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
i am also waiting for medical exam. my last update in march2020. that "we reviewing uploaded documents which you provided".... any suggestion.
You can raise a web form or call IRCC as well for further information.

Adri21

Aug 19, 2020
Hey guys just let you know that I received my AIP in august 21th and I'm paper application so I think they are processing from January and february.
I sent mine in february

Reactions: Just_J

falamCanada

Aug 19, 2020
Hey guys just let you know that I received my AIP in august 21th and I'm paper application so I think they are processing from January and february.
I sent mine in february
Hi, Glad to hear that they are still processing paper applications. Could you please share your nationality and the country you applied from? My brother from Bangladesh also applied in February and the application is being processed at the Singapore Visa Office. We haven't receive any updates on our application.