+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
Thank you. I will update you here if the application status changes. Hope we can receive copr soon.
UPDATE TODAY:

Checked IRCC tracker
ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca

My biometrics on January 2023 (Inland Application 2) switched to In Progress?? No date listed on this. Looks like I will have to call up IRCC today or next week. I gave biometrics last year for my inland application 1.

There is an update on inland application 1 where the medical status now says complete?? Like it was completed before but now its complete again. Eligibility more so changed to complete on this one.

So will I receive another AIP? If you can check your IRCC trackers and see if you have any similar shenanigans.

Please have grace on me IRCC officers.

Silesiana

May 30, 2023
We are on the same boat. I recieved the SA in mail today, it was actually printed last week. My wife has been in background check since April for no reason. She is doing her PhD in Bussiness Administration and no sensitive background at all.
Same for me. My background check has been in progress since April 19th. Also I am a PhD student in Biology (and the only background to check is the university, the same since bachelor).
Please let me know if you have any updates. I will keep you informed if something changes in my case.

Reactions: FreshBaguette12
Sep 5, 2023
Same for me. My background check has been in progress since April 19th. Also I am a PhD student in Biology (and the only background to check is the university, the same since bachelor).
Please let me know if you have any updates. I will keep you informed if something changes in my case.
Same here. Also a PhD student (Engineering). We got the Sponsor Approval and AIP on June 29th, but my background check has been in progress since April 19th (which was marked again in progress in the tracker on July 11th for some reason). Last time I called (mid-August), the agent said everything was passed except for the security check, and stuck to the 10-month processing standard as an expected timeline. Hopefully this last step is completed soon...

Let's keep each other posted on updates!

Silesiana

May 30, 2023
Just got the IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email. Emailed right back as soon as I got it. Wow I might get to see my family again for AMERICAN thanksgiving next month. I am very excited.

Also October 1rst, 2023 is the start of my medical insurance here in Quebec.
Congratulations!!!!

And I have RAMQ too, today I received it :)

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
Congratulations!!!!

And I have RAMQ too, today I received it :)
I am very happy and RAMQ is great as well. I will have insurance in America under my parents until December 31, 2024 and my dad has very good insurance so I will have the best of both worlds.

Also I wouldn't get hopes up in this group because I got excited about the Quebec quota thing for inland and then I checked and this COPR is for the FIRST application in my timeline from October 2021. I guess someone saw our oops file. This would make sense because the first application had the background check done.

Reactions: Silesiana

GoodVibes786

Jan 11, 2023
Just got the IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email. Emailed right back as soon as I got it. Wow I might get to see my family again for AMERICAN thanksgiving next month. I am very excited.

Also October 1rst, 2023 is the start of my medical insurance here in Quebec.
Did you get the reply back with portal credentials? How many days they take to reply back?

Silesiana

May 30, 2023
Is your final destination Quebec? Can you share your timeline?
Yes.
My timeline:
Application submitted online - 31 Jan 23
Temporary application number - 20 Feb 2023
Medical exam request - 08 March 2023
CSQ application request - 10 March 2023
Medical exam completed - 10 March 2023
CSQ application mailed- 13 March 2023
Pre-arrive letter received - 16 March 2023
Eligibility completed - 17 March 2023
CSQ approved -- March 31, 2023
AIP letter -- 28 July 2023
SA letter--8 August 2023
Background verification --in process (biometrics is in progress too but I did it in 2021)

Open work permit application submitted 31 Jan 23 and approved 23 June 23, in hand 5 July 23

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
Yes.
My timeline:
Application submitted online - 31 Jan 23
Temporary application number - 20 Feb 2023
Medical exam request - 08 March 2023
CSQ application request - 10 March 2023
Medical exam completed - 10 March 2023
CSQ application mailed- 13 March 2023
Pre-arrive letter received - 16 March 2023
Eligibility completed - 17 March 2023
CSQ approved -- March 31, 2023
AIP letter -- 28 July 2023
SA letter--8 August 2023
Background verification --in process (biometrics is in progress too but I did it in 2021)

Open work permit application submitted 31 Jan 23 and approved 23 June 23, in hand 5 July 23
Thanks and what is your VO?

Daria_Iak

Oct 10, 2023
Hi everyone!

My partner is sponsoring me to Canada through Spouse/Common-law sponsorship. We applied at the end of summer. He has just received AOR1 in his email. I haven't received anything yet. Can I use that AOR to apply for an open work permit?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi everyone!

My partner is sponsoring me to Canada through Spouse/Common-law sponsorship. We applied at the end of summer. He has just received AOR1 in his email. I haven't received anything yet. Can I use that AOR to apply for an open work permit?
Why are you posting in the January thread then? Create a separate thread for your question/ To answer your question, yes you can.

Sep 5, 2023
Got an update on my GCKey account today, no changes in PR tracker as of now:

Final decision - October 16, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.​

Hopefully this means the approval and portal invite email are coming soon!