+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Silesiana

May 30, 2023
My husband and I received the sponsor approval today (SA). It really doesn't hold much value and I don't want to get my hopes up too much about it as the background check still says in progress.

I did request notes on the application last week maybe this might have something to do with that.
Same for me (my tracker is not updated, our eligibility was mentioned as passed in March...). Small congrats for us :)
Did you already receive the pre-arrival letter? (I have it already, but it should be the next step :))

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
Same for me (my tracker is not updated, our eligibility was mentioned as passed in March...). Small congrats for us :)
Did you already receive the pre-arrival letter? (I have it already, but it should be the next step :))
I have the feeling we have the same officer or something. We received pre-arrival a while ago but its really an easy step to just ignore. I received them on both of my applications. Even when the first application was missing CSQ.

James2023

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
I have the feeling we have the same officer or something. We received pre-arrival a while ago but its really an easy step to just ignore. I received them on both of my applications. Even when the first application was missing CSQ.
I think we have the same officer. My wife received the sponsor approval today (SA). Coming from Mississauga center. Hope we can receive good news soon.

Josh12$

Aug 9, 2023
Hello everyone….I applied for inland spousal sponsorship on May 25.I used a lawyer as my representative.My wife who is the sponsor received AOR in her email on July 15.I have been trying to access the tracker but is not working out since then.Is it because I used a representative?
I haven’t receive any update from my representative till date.
Will I still retake medical and biometric? I did both 2021.kindly help me.

Oct 21, 2022
I had a chat with IRCC. It’s disappointing that Quebec does that to its tax payers but it indeed takes more than 20 months because it’s in Quebec. They currently reached their quota therefore blocking people by not doing their part to advance your file.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I had a chat with IRCC. It’s disappointing that Quebec does that to its tax payers but it indeed takes more than 20 months because it’s in Quebec. They currently reached their quota therefore blocking people by not doing their part to advance your file.
Have you spoke with the agent? Did they elaborate on how exactly they handle it? Do they stop processing altogether or do they stop short of issuing COPR?

Oct 21, 2022
Have you spoke with the agent? Did they elaborate on how exactly they handle it? Do they stop processing altogether or do they stop short of issuing COPR?
She didn’t go in full details(because they don’t explain their process) but told me that Quebec controls the immigration process and that they have to work with Quebec to process your permanent residency. Once Quebec reaches their quota. They don’t touch the IRCC files anymore. Wherever you’re at in the process if it requires something from Quebec to move forward it won’t progress anymore until Quebec does its part that’s why it can take up to 30 months.

Apr 8, 2021
Hi all. I submitted my application for inland spousal sponsorship on Jan 20, 2023. The tracker shows I'm in Background verification since May 16, 2023 (no updates since then). I have received a request to send in my CV before that.

Is there anything I could do to check on the application progress?

Marie Fogarty

Apr 23, 2023
Hello, I am from Quebec and my boyfriend is Ugandan. He is here on a visitor visa right now. We are planning to get married and apply to extend his visa to receive marriage cerificate, then apply for spousal sponsorship with open work permit.
I see its seems hard in Quebec... ???? is it realistic and how long could we expect him to get approved for his work permit and also PR ?

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
Hi all. I submitted my application for inland spousal sponsorship on Jan 20, 2023. The tracker shows I'm in Background verification since May 16, 2023 (no updates since then). I have received a request to send in my CV before that.

Is there anything I could do to check on the application progress?
What is the destination province? Quebec? Have you called IRCC? We are stuck on background check as well. It seems to be a Quebec applicant thing.

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
Hello, I am from Quebec and my boyfriend is Ugandan. He is here on a visitor visa right now. We are planning to get married and apply to extend his visa to receive marriage cerificate, then apply for spousal sponsorship with open work permit.
I see its seems hard in Quebec... ???? is it realistic and how long could we expect him to get approved for his work permit and also PR ?
I would make your own thread for this question as there are specifics. If you have the means and flexability making a PR application and then moving back to Quebec in the future could be almost twice faster.

You can see a collection of Quebec Inland timelines here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/192sbvjd4vJsEWY_B7w5DgFKBmIPNYo6TjlVWAk-xxxA/edit#gid=349821938

Marie Fogarty

Apr 23, 2023
We are both in Quebec right now. We wanted to make everything from here now. Not needing to go back to Uganda and be long distance again for months!

B_Liu

Mar 31, 2017
We are on the same boat. I recieved the SA in mail today, it was actually printed last week. My wife has been in background check since April for no reason. She is doing her PhD in Bussiness Administration and no sensitive background at all.

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
We are on the same boat. I recieved the SA in mail today, it was actually printed last week. My wife has been in background check since April for no reason. She is doing her PhD in Bussiness Administration and no sensitive background at all.
Is this a Quebec application? I am waiting on GCMS notes to figure out where the background check is stuck but I haven't received them yet.