+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Silesiana

May 30, 2023
Got an update on my GCKey account today, no changes in PR tracker as of now:

Final decision - October 16, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.​

Hopefully this means the approval and portal invite email are coming soon!
Congratulations! You are close :)

I had the same info on my work permit application. After a few (maximum 5) working days I had the decision*.

*sponsorship is more complex, but I hope it will not be a long waiting time.

Sep 5, 2023
Just got my first Portal invitation email. Finally!!!

I'll keep posting as I navigate the virtual landing process.

Hope all of you who are waiting hear back soon :)

EDIT: I received my Portal 2 (credentials) email in the afternoon! I've now submitted address, photo, and declared my presence in Canada. I'll update folks when I receive my COPR and PR card! Good luck everone

Last edited:

B_Liu

Mar 31, 2017

EDIT: I received my Portal 2 (credentials) email in the afternoon! I've now submitted address, photo, and declared my presence in Canada. I'll update folks when I receive my COPR and PR card! Good luck everone
Congrats! So glad you made it. Could you share your timeline?

B_Liu

Mar 31, 2017
My wife got an GU on IRCC tracker, but there is no changes for her background check, which is still in progress for more than 6 months. Any idea about what cause the GU? Did not request any notes recently.

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
Did you get the reply back with portal credentials? How many days they take to reply back?
Sorry all, I haven't been updating lately about my immigration story as it got a bit too personal very quickly.
I was waiting for the portal credentials PORTAL 2 when I got the call that my uncle passed away from his 2 year battle with cancer in the US.
That day it had already been 2 weeks of waiting for the portal invite since October 6th, I emailed my MP with the urgency.

Didn't receive a reply from the MP but got the credentials on October 19th the next day. After two days of troubleshooting and replying to missing information about eye color and such I uploaded the info to the PR portal.

Now it has been 2 weeks since that and our close family friend is dying of esophagus cancer that spread to the brain and I haven't got COPR yet. I missed my uncles funeral.

After careful research I also learned that after confirming in the PR portal and uploading photo exiting and re-entering Canada revert the pending inland confirmation of permanent residence so even if I left the country I can't count of the grace of immigration nor can I apply for a work permit while waiting.

I still am waiting for this first application to succeed before asking the other one to be closed in fear that they close the wrong one out of incompetence

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
Just wanted to say no updates currently past Portal 2 though I know that's supposed to be in another forum and technically I have been past that.

I called IRCC today because American thanksgiving is next week and I have already accepted that I will miss that.

My MP didn't reply to the emails you can only leave voicemail. From what I have read MP's can't do much for this portal 2 to eCOPR thing.

The IRCC agent on the phone did say that they confirmed the missing information on November 10th for the details of eye color and stuff (wow it takes the office from Oct. 17th to Nov. 10th to read an email reply).

With all that said please support Quebec Reunifie 's mission the original purpose of inland applications as I have interpreted is to give married spouses in Canada the opportunity to settle as soon as possible and there's a reason they are more rapid then outland applications. Inland applications are just like a jail sentence with such long processing and the stringent rules regarding travel.

Reactions: Home_13579
Sep 5, 2023

Just received my eCoPR. Best of luck to everyone who's currently waiting!

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
For my first application Quebec, now I will put in webform to close my January 2023 application. I am also leaving to drive 4 hours south to New York tonight. It's been too long.

Portal 1 - October 5th, 2023
Portal 2 - November 2nd, 2023
Received eCOPR - December 27th, 2023

Reactions: oliverwhq