+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Just got my GCMS notes yesterday.

Even though it says primary office is Vancouver and secondary is CPC Sydney, every single item says RC-8090 on them, so I can't imagine much was actually done by the Vancouver office.

Other interesting things to note...tracker says BG not started, but GCMS says Criminality Clearance Passed with RCMP screening since February, so I don't know what's the hold up on that.

Tracker and GCMS both say LPP all not started and GCMS says due dates are January 2024...so hopefully the worst case is at least these will be done by then.
Are you sure the tracker says BG not started? It should be (In progress). In my case, GCMS notes neither criminality or security has started but in the tracker it says (in progress).

Watchman2023

Jul 9, 2023
Visa Office......
Scarborough
is there an email ID we can reach out to? My PR card expires in 4 days and I was hoping to not renew it seeing that my citizenship application was submitted in Jan this year.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
is there an email ID we can reach out to? My PR card expires in 4 days and I was hoping to not renew it seeing that my citizenship application was submitted in Jan this year.
IRCC doesn't deem PR Card expiry to be a valid reason for urgent processing. You don't need PR card unless you are travelling outside Canada and if you have plans, apply for an urgent processing of PR card renewal

Reactions: Watchman2023

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023
Just got my GCMS notes yesterday.

Even though it says primary office is Vancouver and secondary is CPC Sydney, every single item says RC-8090 on them, so I can't imagine much was actually done by the Vancouver office.
Other interesting things to note...tracker says BG in progress, but GCMS says Criminality Clearance Passed with RCMP screening since February, so I don't know what's the hold up on that.

Tracker and GCMS both say LPP all not started and GCMS says due dates are January 2024...so hopefully the worst case is at least these will be done by then.
Waiting for LPP, AOR 28/12/2022, BG completed March 6 2023, LPP in progress as per tracker since January, Received GMCS in July, LPP not started as per GMCS, today I called IRCC to confirm which information is correct, they informed me LPP not started yet.

Very upset, I have an emergency in my home country that deserve urgent review, sent to them since 5 months ago several times for urgent review and no response.

Last edited:

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Done with my citizenship oath. Submitted the signed oath document. What next? Any idea how to start with the passport process?
wait for the citizenship certificate - you will need that for applying the passport. Also get 1 guarantor (canadian citizen) who knows you for more than 2 years and 2 references - need not be citizens . Straight forward process - check here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport.html

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
wait for the citizenship certificate - you will need that for applying the passport. Also get 1 guarantor (canadian citizen) who knows you for more than 2 years and 2 references - need not be citizens . Straight forward process - check here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport.html
Thank you @CABA. The tracker still says in progress and the Citizenship oath is in progress. Any idea when they get updated? Also if you let me know in how many days I will be able to download the citizenship certificate? I completed my ceremony yesterday.

Last edited:

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Thank you @CABA. The tracker still says in progress and the Citizenship oath is in progress. Any idea when they get updated? Also if you let me know in how many days I will be able to download the citizenship certificate? I completed my ceremony yesterday.
the certificate is available once the agent approves your oath letter in the system. Check at IRCC portal once/twice a day (https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en)- should be available within 5 business days. There have been cases (including mine) when the cert was available same day

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Waiting for LPP, AOR 28/12/2022, BG completed March 6 2023, LPP in progress as per tracker since January, Received GMCS in July, LPP not started as per GMCS, today I called IRCC to confirm which information is correct, they informed me LPP not started yet.

Very upset, I have an emergency in my home country that deserve urgent review, sent to them since 5 months ago several times for urgent review and no response. I don't know if officers have instructions to delay applicant 55+ years old
I am in my late 30's, so at least age discrimination is not a thing in this no-consistency process.

Reactions: uy-scuti

scvcan

Sep 3, 2023
Hi Friends,
My application has been stuck since March 29th (AoR Feb 13th and Test passed March 27th). I apploed for notes via atip but they have just sent me my application submission details and attachments instead of case notes. Not sure if I selected the right options on the atip request. Could you guide me with the right options so that I
I applied for ATIP under Privacy Act for free on Aug 17 and received my GCMS notes on Aug 29.. I can walk you through the process if you haven't figured it out already :)

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Citizenship certificate received by mail today!!
Citizenship ceremony still in progress..

Next step passport!!

Janice2022

Star Member
Aug 19, 2022
Can someone pleaae tell me if E CERTIFICATE considered an ORIGINAL DOCUMENT for MINOR passport application? Or should I wait for a paper certificate before I apply? Thank you!

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can someone pleaae tell me if E CERTIFICATE considered an ORIGINAL DOCUMENT for MINOR passport application? Or should I wait for a paper certificate before I apply? Thank you!
Both paper and electronic format are valid evidence of citizenship and can be used to prove Canadian citizenship. e-certificate holders will need to print a clear black and white or color copy of their certificate to submit with their passport application, whether they are applying in person or by mail. The printed copy of the e-certificate does not need to be signed by your guarantor and will be returned to you.

Reactions: Janice2022