+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
Citizenship certificate received by mail today!!
Citizenship ceremony still in progress..

Next step passport!!
Congrats. I am still waiting for the IRCC to allow me to download my citizenship certificate post my 6th Sept Oath ceremony. Curious to know did your tracker for the Citizenship Ceremony changed to completed or if is it still in progress.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hey friends! Today, I received my second set of GCMS notes, which I applied for on August 16th. Unfortunately, there hasn't been any movement in any of the pending assessments, and the LPP hasn't started yet. But let's stay positive! I'm hopeful that in the next few weeks, something good might come our way. September 19th will mark exactly 4 months since my Test got updated, and interestingly, the Mississauga office tends to wrap up the LPP process for most applicants around the 4th month after the Test.
Keeping our fingers crossed for some good news, and sending good vibes to all of you who are still waiting. Hang in there; it's looking up!

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Hey friends! Today, I received my second set of GCMS notes, which I applied for on August 16th. Unfortunately, there hasn't been any movement in any of the pending assessments, and the LPP hasn't started yet. But let's stay positive! I'm hopeful that in the next few weeks, something good might come our way. September 19th will mark exactly 4 months since my Test got updated, and interestingly, the Mississauga office tends to wrap up the LPP process for most applicants around the 4th month after the Test.
Keeping our fingers crossed for some good news, and sending good vibes to all of you who are still waiting. Hang in there; it's looking up!
No update (not even a ghost one) on my tracker since April. My GCMS notes came in last week though. Question for you: Did the LPP items show a due date? Due dates on mine were January 2024. Not sure if that means anything, but hopefully that's like a deadline for IRCC to respond.

• Sad
Reactions: rushi.gada

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023
Is RC-8090 office in charge of reviewing your LPP? My GCMS shows RC-8090 is assigned to review my LPP.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
IRCC is joke - was browsing through their website and found this regarding their service standards to process citizenship application. Look at the gap between target and performance

• Our service standard: process applications within 12 months
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of submitted applications
  • Our performance in 2021-2022: processed 9% of applications within the standard
Closely watching your timelines - my partner completed test on May 26th but Vancouver/Sydney office, ordered new set of GCMS notes today

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Congrats. I am still waiting for the IRCC to allow me to download my citizenship certificate post my 6th Sept Oath ceremony. Curious to know did your tracker for the Citizenship Ceremony changed to completed or if is it still in progress.
Still in progress, I don't know why it didn't already change to complete..

Janice2022

Star Member
Aug 19, 2022
Both paper and electronic format are valid evidence of citizenship and can be used to prove Canadian citizenship. e-certificate holders will need to print a clear black and white or color copy of their certificate to submit with their passport application, whether they are applying in person or by mail. The printed copy of the e-certificate does not need to be signed by your guarantor and will be returned to you.
I read in the site that I need ORIGINAL CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE for Minors. I thought I need to wait for the paper citizenship certificate before I apply for my daughters passport. THANK YOU!

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
@Here. Please who had their oath ceremony on 6th Sept, have you been able to download your citizen certificate? It's been now 4 business days and I am unable to download the same. It asks me to check again within 2 to 5 business days.

Afunks

Mar 12, 2023
@Here. Please who had their oath ceremony on 6th Sept, have you been able to download your citizen certificate? It's been now 4 business days and I am unable to download the same. It asks me to check again within 2 to 5 business days.
I did and I haven't been able to download mine too. I keep checking repeatedly.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
I read in the site that I need ORIGINAL CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE for Minors. I thought I need to wait for the paper citizenship certificate before I apply for my daughters passport. THANK YOU!
you get either paper certificate or e-certificate not both. If you got an e-certificate, a print out of the same is considered valid for passport - they can validate from the bar codes to check the authenticity

Reactions: Janice2022