+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

johnsemus

Nov 26, 2022
Is it worth to order GCMS notes? I took my test and BG has been cleared since Jun 2nd and I applied early January, no movement on LPP since. Very simple application overall. Scarborough Office if it matters

Reactions: lazybrownie
Dec 17, 2022
Is it worth to order GCMS notes? I took my test and BG has been cleared since Jun 2nd and I applied early January, no movement on LPP since. Very simple application overall. Scarborough Office if it matters
It takes up to 30days (average) to get you GCMS notes. They won’t have an impact on the processing but they can help you understand what’s going on. I would recommend but wait for someone who ordered the notes to give you more insight.

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Hi guys!
For those one who asked the paper certificate how long did you wait after the ceremony?
Thanks!

shikharpandey

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Congrats!!
My LPP was completed on August 14. However, citizenship ceremony shows “not started” at this point. I am used to check every day and I was wondering if the status will change to “In progress” for the citizenship ceremony or it will just show a specific date when an oath date is assigned? What was your experience?
For me it all happened in a span of 4-5 days.........like when it got updated in portal that LPP is cleared and the date of LPP completion was 2 days earlier........then within 5 days Oath ceremony changed from 'not started' to 'in progress' (although date in tracker was just a day ahead) and the same time the scheduled date of oath also appeared on the tracker and after that within 3-4 days......email of instructions of oath arrived.......thats how it went for me..........hope that helps :)

shikharpandey

Star Member
May 23, 2019
hi there. Can you share me the no.to call for me to reschedule oath ceremony?
As soon as I got the email of instructions regarding the oath......they stated that in case I cannot attend oath on the assigned date and want to reschedule please reply on this email with full explanation "CIC-CITOY-CONVO@cic.gc.ca". Here is what was mentioned in the pdf of oath instructions:-
" * If you cannot take the oath at this date and time, send a message with an explanation to this e-mail
address cic-citoy-convo@cic.gc.ca as soon as you receive this invitation in order that we reschedule your
ceremony. "

I believe others who got their oath done can confirm the same. There was no phone number mentioned in it. I hope this helps.

Reactions: rushi.gada

shikharpandey

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi guys!
For those one who asked the paper certificate how long did you wait after the ceremony?
Thanks!
Apparently I had decided before the oath that I would ask/request for paper certificate during the oath ceremony. However, during the Oath, the IRCC clerk told me that they have shifted and tried to give everyone e-certificate since the month of August which arrives within 2-5 business days online (mine arrived on 31st August). When I asked them about paper certificate (since one of my friend who had oath in May this year got his paper certificate in 2 weeks), they said that unless you really really need paper certificate.....don't opt for it as we have emphasized on e-certificate since August and for paper certificate, its gonna take 8 weeks to arrive. After listening to 8 weeks for paper certificate........I opted for e-certificate which was quicker to be honest :p

shikharpandey

Star Member
May 23, 2019
I applied for my GCMS notes associated to my UCI in the first week of June and I believe its gonna be 3 months now......they still haven't arrived :confused:
For GCMS notes........one can't really say...........it can be as quick as 10-12 days but the delayed ones.......not sure what to say :(

scvcan

Sep 3, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application: Single
Application sent: Dec 30, 2022
Delivered: Dec 30, 2022
AOR: Jan 16, 2023
Background Verification Completed: Feb 28, 2023
Citizenship Test Status Updated to In Progress: Mar 15, 2023
Invitation for Test: Mar 21, 2023 (Test window dates: Mar 24 to Apr 13)
Test Completed: Mar 27, 2023
Test marked as Completed in tracker: Mar 28, 2023
LPP Completed: Aug 31, 2023 (marked in tracker on Sep 1, 2023)
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started
Oath Completed:

Last edited:

scvcan

Sep 3, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application: Single
Application sent: Dec 30, 2022
Delivered: Dec 30, 2022
AOR: Jan 16, 2023
Background Verification Completed: Feb 28, 2023
Citizenship Test Status Updated to In Progress: Mar 15, 2023
Invitation for Test: Mar 21, 2023 (Dates: Mar 24 to Apr 13)
Test Completed: Mar 27, 2023
Test marked as Completed in tracker: Mar 28, 2023
LPP Completed: Aug 31, 2023 (marked in tracker on Sep 1, 2023)
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started
Oath Completed:
The *5 month* waiting period between test and LPP felt like an eternity. Hope I don't have to wait longer to get an oath update! @rushi.gada please update the sheet!

Last edited:

Watchman2023

Jul 9, 2023
Visa Office......
Scarborough
any January Scarborough applications still in limbo? My application submitted Jan 27, test and biometrics completed, no update since April 14..

onthebrink

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
No update here either. Nothing since the beginning of February when they received the application… Seeing many of you already citizens or almost already there is really stressing my husband out. Not sure what’s going on, why his case hasn’t moved at all. Super depressing.

• Sad
Reactions: Watchman2023