+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
How do you request GCMS ?
There is a great step-by-step instructional post here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

Or you can just go directly here: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/ It is very straightforward and intuitive process.

Make sure you have all your personal and application information ready and handy. There is free option or $5 option. I heard people went with free option (some reported that never received GCMS notes.) I never had experience with the free option. I always choose to go with the paid $5 option.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hey Rushi! Looks like GCMS notes come back quickly these days, usually withing 12-15 days. 130 pages is quite a lot and extensive. Could be due to a family type application. As a single applicant, mine were like 30-40 pages only. Yeah, most of the notes are coded and ciphered. However, you will definitely see the exact status of the application under "Location" usually page 3 or 4 or 5. It should say if you application is Review Ready or Test Ready, or Ceremony ready. In your case, I think, it should say "Review Ready" and then indicate what PM it was assigned to. PM01, PM02 or PM03. These are all different rant officers. If it is PM01 then it is the lowest rank officer, which may indicate that your application is straightforward. If it is PM03 then it might mean that the application will be slowed down by some additional checks. Alos, at the last pages, at "Notes" it might have some insightful specific to your application information.

Hope you get your notes soon! But most importantly, hope you get "discission made" even sooner!
Thank you so much for your reply! I’ll share my notes once I get them, hopefully soon

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Hi all!
Citizenship test in progress!!
Date is from July 14 but appears only today.
I can do the test between July 21 and August 10.
Waiting for the email..

Last edited:

BB123

Jul 4, 2023
Hello everyone, I had my online oath ceremony on 2023 July 13th, after the ceremony I returned the oath form to the IRCC Edmonton. But today (2023 July 18), I found in the email subject line I wrote the wrong initial of the clerk 's name. And my tracker has no update, the citizenship ceremony is in progress. What should I do? Anyone in this situation before? I will appreciate any advice. Thank you.

karthiksankar

Jun 22, 2017
@Dr. Walden -
Hey, I ordered my GCMS notes yesterday. I'm wondering how I should go about reading them once they arrive? The GCMS notes I received from my Permanent Residency (PR) application were quite extensive, spanning over 130 pages.
Hi Rushi - How exactly to order GCMS notes? As in, what selections to make on the form? Is it Immigration/Citizenship Records -> Status Update of File/Reasons for Refusal/Officer's Electronic Notes?

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
So once again no updates on my end. Still stuck in LPP in progress. HOWEVER, my MP’s office emailed me back to let me know pretty much everything I already knew about my file except that my actual LPP has not even started (even though it says in progress) This is so disappointing to hear.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
So once again no updates on my end. Still stuck in LPP in progress. HOWEVER, my MP’s office emailed me back to let me know pretty much everything I already knew about my file except that my actual LPP has not even started (even though it says in progress) This is so disappointing to hear.
How you contact your MP , email or phone

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.