+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Invaluablekiwi

Sep 19, 2019
probably a silly question, but is ECAS only available to paper applications? when I try to check it, it doesn't retrieve any info.. my application is online. (I can check the tracker tho)

Yeah, it's paper only (and kind of useless now that everyone can access the tracker.)

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Just received passport(s) request!
Do I need to translate the stamps? I have stamps from the Czech Republic, Kazakhstan, China, Russia, Mexico etc?

For example:

Quick question, when you got this request from cic what is only on your email. Or you did see this on your online portal application history section as well?

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
Hello, do you receive email from IRCC with information to download e-certificate for citizenship before tracker updates with oath date?
do you get another email with oath date? Thanks.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
It was just an email from IRCC (Vancouver office.) Nothing on the portal.
Strange! Usually kinda request asked by interview or update in the tracker as send us additional documents, it looks like your officer just want to do a short cut to accelerate the process of your file. Nice Vancouver officer

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Strange! Usually kinda request asked by interview or update in the tracker as send us additional documents, it looks like your officer just want to do a short cut to accelerate the process of your file. Nice Vancouver officer
Really? I hope you are right, mat!

@shiremag, does your tracker reflect anything at the passport request? Like "Waiting on you" or something?

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Yeah I had the same thing too, but nothing on the portal LPP updated May 19 waiting for oath. Could you mean maybe they are working on the oath ?
Hey Rosa1234, thanks for sharing. What is your timeline? I wonder how long does it take from passport request to any further update? Some people see their LPP cleared in 2-3 days after they send their passport(s). How long it it take you?

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
Hello, do you receive email from IRCC with information to download e-certificate for citizenship before tracker updates with oath date?
Received from: Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca>
SUB: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about Cxxxxxx Correspondence Id: 1-xxxxxxx

cousinsEE

Jan 10, 2019
Received from: Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca>
SUB: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about Cxxxxxx Correspondence Id: 1-xxxxxxx
Got the same email today as well to download E-certificate but no info on Oath. Looking to see if anyone responds to you.

Reactions: AFSHANKHATOON