+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I applied for my son on january 9th. I got 1st AOR and tracker update on matrch 2nd , But after that no updates.

anyone else with minor applictaion in same boat please ?

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
What did the image tool show regarding the email about downloading the e-certificate? Because i am in the same boat too i got the email to download the e-certificate but i havent got any information on the portal or any email for oath invitation.
Portal got updated today 4 am PST with oath ceremony date of June 21 !!!!
@admin plz update tracker, thanks.
portal oath update - Jun 3
oath ceremony - Jun 21

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
So I finally got my GCMS notes and I noticed a couple of interested things

There are two things that are interesting: Subcategory and Group

Subcategory - Adult 5(1) -
intended primarily for permanent residents aged 18 and over who want to apply for Canadian citizenship
Group number - 2-11ZLB9Y0 - Cannot find any information on group numbers anywhere online. I am sure it is a clarification based on some parameters. Does anyone know any insight on the group number(s)? This is, probably, the reason to processing priorities. Don't you think?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016

intended primarily for permanent residents aged 18 and over who want to apply for Canadian citizenship
Group number - 2-11ZLB9Y0 - Cannot find any information on group numbers anywhere online. I am sure it is a clarification based on some parameters. Does anyone know any insight on the group number(s)? This is, probably, the reason to processing priorities. Don't you think?
1. CIT0002 application form that you filled as an Adult.
2. Seems you applied with family, hence the group number, also mentioned in AOR letter.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Nope. Single application. I think group number is some sort of classification based on the application information.
Normally group number is assigned to family application, this is new and interesting to me as well, perhaps the AI system (Chinook) auto asigns these to every applicant on initial scanning, filtering and yes categorization as well. I'll also explore further abt it.

Reactions: Dr. Walden

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Normally group number is assigned to family application, this is new and interesting to me as well, perhaps the AI system (Chinook) auto asigns these to every applicant on initial scanning, filtering and yes categorization as well. I'll also explore further abt it.
Or is it simply because IRCC makes mistakes like marking single application as a group further stalling its processing.

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have given the test on 18th April and was updated on 20th April. Only the citizenship test status shows completed. I have received an email for Finger prints, taken at RCMP and send through Canada Post (Registered mail). as per Canada Post, it was received on May 29. How will I come to know if it is accepted (what is the timeline for fingerprint status). Also, have any send the finger prints through Canada Post? Confirming if I have send it through the correct way?

Reactions: rushi.gada

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC

According to an immigration lawyer:

Sub-Category: | usually blank |
Group Name: | usually blank |
Group#: | usually blank |

So it is odd that My notes have subcategory and group number.

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Reactions: Cpwr

titan.ca

Jan 19, 2023
Hi,
Could you please update my entry in the Tracker as follows:

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1707
Application: Family (3)
Application Sent: 5 Jan, 2023
Delivered: 10 Jan, 2023
AOR: 23 Feb, 2023
In Progress Tracker: 2 Mar, 2023
In Progress ECAS: 11 Apr, 2023
Background Complete: 13 Apr, 2023
Test Invite Letter: 28 Apr, 2023
Test Interview: 12 May, 2023
Test Complete: 15 May, 2023

Thanks!

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Maybe just to verify your travel documents? Or if you had a lot of travel maybe it’s just for integrity purposes. I have my fingers crossed for you to get some news this week.
Based on what you are saying it makes sense. I do have an extensive travel history with multiple travel documents. Fingers crossed. However, I don't think I will hear from them any time soon.

• Sad
Reactions: Americanwife94