+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

june394

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thought I'd post an update. Finally a year later some movement on my MIL's application - Physical Presence and Prohibitions complete. Language and Background Check still in progress.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1163.5
Application: Single
Application sent: January 27, 2023
AOR: February 7, 2023

Physical Presence: March 5, 2024
Prohibitions: March 5, 2024

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Journey's end!

Wife got invited for an oath ceremony on March 21st (not got the email, so don't know if it's in person or virtual). Will need to call and ask for the invitation email tomorrow in case she doesn't get it today.

I was joking with my wife that it seems they were trying to rush her application so it would not count towards the late application statistics - the speed at which this has progressed now makes me think this might actually be true!

During the radio silence from last July, I applied for notes four times (twice from IRCC, once each from CBSA and CSIS). Not sure if it helped with anything but to assuage the feeling of helplessness as the online application stretched on endlessly while the paper applications for the rest of the family was done and dusted in 5 months...

In any case, just want to wish everyone who is still waiting good luck. The wait seems interminable and it's easier said than done to be patient - but as long as everything is in order, this will ultimately get done.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Thought I'd post an update. Finally a year later some movement on my MIL's application - Physical Presence and Prohibitions complete. Language and Background Check still in progress.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1163.5
Application: Single
Application sent: January 27, 2023
AOR: February 7, 2023

I think there's a good chance they're trying to push it through before it becomes "late"

Reactions: june394

june394

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
I think there's a good chance they're trying to push it through before it becomes "late"
I hope so! Her application should be super straightforward, she doesn't even need to write the test or provide language proof. Not sure what's taking so long...

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Those of us still stuck somewhere, the processing time is now 14 months as stated on IRCC's website. I tried calling this morning but the agent pretty much said that's a reference time and he could not (or would not, who really knows at this point) help push the application along. He said I can submit a webform, which I just did and I've reached out to my MP...see what happens...
Just want to give a little update. I sent the webform and as we all know, they may not even bother to reply to webforms, so I didn't get a reply there.

The MP office reached out to IRCC and IRCC basically told the MP office that the application time will be extended and they can't give a date on when will the final decision be made. Again, no reasons given as to why shall the file be extended. It doesn't seem like the MP can do much at the moment. Just to reiterate, IRCC's definition of non-routine applications is here (link), but my file doesn't fall in any of the items listed here. I maintain my position to say this "non-routine" definition is as arbitrary as it gets.

Just disappointing how everything is...

Reactions: Anonyref

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Just want to give a little update. I sent the webform and as we all know, they may not even bother to reply to webforms, so I didn't get a reply there.

The MP office reached out to IRCC and IRCC basically told the MP office that the application time will be extended and they can't give a date on when will the final decision be made. Again, no reasons given as to why shall the file be extended. It doesn't seem like the MP can do much at the moment. Just to reiterate, IRCC's definition of non-routine applications is here (link), but my file doesn't fall in any of the items listed here. I maintain my position to say this "non-routine" definition is as arbitrary as it gets.

Just disappointing how everything is...
I agree.

Im in 12 month now and my application is routine and I’m 100% sure if it crossed the 14 months they’ll just simply say “it’s non-routine now”.

Sam1249

Dec 4, 2023
We corssed our processing time!
gave them a call and since fingerprints were requested for my husband they said its non routine now.
Sent an email to mp and two days later we received a ghost update.
and mp said it might take upto two weeks

ameens313

Mar 16, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I'm still eagerly awaiting news on my Citizenship grant. Approaching the 14-month mark on March 24th. Surprisingly, my file, previously at IRCC Scarborough, was moved to Montreal on March 14th. The reason for this transfer remains unknown to me.
Here's the current status of my application:
  • Location applied from: GTA, Ontario
  • Applied: January 2023
  • AOR: February 6, 2023
  • Background completed: March 10, 2023
  • Scheduled for Test: March 31, 2023
  • Citizenship Test completed: May 9, 2023
  • Interview Required: February 22, 2024
  • LPP Completed: March 4, 2024
  • Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started as of March 18th
Recent Updates:
  • Ghost Update: March 6, 2024
  • Ghost Update: March 14, 2024
Some additional insights:
  • On March 12th, I contacted IRCC as there were no updates. The agent assured me that everything appears fine on their end and I should receive the Oath soon, but couldn't provide a specific timeframe.
  • I emailed IRCC Scarborough on March 13th to schedule the Oath but received a response stating my application isn't ready yet and is awaiting clearances from partner agencies.
  • Following up on March 14th, I called IRCC again and mentioned the email from Scarborough regarding the clearance holdup. After a brief hold, the agent informed me of a new update on my file indicating it's "all clear for oath," which aligns with the March 14th ghost update.
  • Emailed IRCC Scarborough again on Mar 14, describing the correspondence with IRCC helpline. I got another email response within 15 mins. The response was that my application has been moved to montreal. Please reach out to IRCC helpline for any more details.
  • March 15th, upon calling IRCC, the agent confirmed my application is with Montreal and there are no issues, indicating it's ready for the oath.
  • As of March 18th, the ceremony status remains "not started."
Has anyone encountered a file transfer after background and LPP completion? If so, is this a standard procedure, or could my file be undergoing additional reviews, such as an E-Grant review?
Additionally, I've heard mixed reviews about the scheduling timeframe of the Montreal office for oaths. Can anyone share their experiences?

Reactions: northern sunshine

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I'm still eagerly awaiting news on my Citizenship grant. Approaching the 14-month mark on March 24th. Surprisingly, my file, previously at IRCC Scarborough, was moved to Montreal on March 14th. The reason for this transfer remains unknown to me.
Recent Updates:
  • On March 12th, I contacted IRCC as there were no updates. The agent assured me that everything appears fine on their end and I should receive the Oath soon, but couldn't provide a specific timeframe.
  • I emailed IRCC Scarborough on March 13th to schedule the Oath but received a response stating my application isn't ready yet and is awaiting clearances from partner agencies.
  • Following up on March 14th, I called IRCC again and mentioned the email from Scarborough regarding the clearance holdup. After a brief hold, the agent informed me of a new update on my file indicating it's "all clear for oath," which aligns with the March 14th ghost update.
  • Emailed IRCC Scarborough again on Mar 14, describing the correspondence with IRCC helpline. I got another email response within 15 mins. The response was that my application has been moved to montreal. Please reach out to IRCC helpline for any more details.
  • March 15th, upon calling IRCC, the agent confirmed my application is with Montreal and there are no issues, indicating it's ready for the oath.
Has anyone encountered a file transfer after background and LPP completion? If so, is this a standard procedure, or could my file be undergoing additional reviews, such as an E-Grant review?
Additionally, I've heard mixed reviews about the scheduling timeframe of the Montreal office for oaths. Can anyone share their experiences?
To manage workload it happens.

Reactions: ameens313

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
We corssed our processing time!
gave them a call and since fingerprints were requested for my husband they said its non routine now.
Sent an email to mp and two days later we received a ghost update.
and mp said it might take upto two weeks
Good luck, my mp's office contacted them and I don't know if that did anything

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Recent Updates:
I know how whatever IRCC does don't seem to make any sense, but I'd much rather to be in your position than mine now....hopefully you get an oath invite soon

Reactions: ameens313

june394

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Finally an update on Background check - completed as of Mar 19 (visible in the system on Mar 21).

Background check: Mar 19, 2024
Language: in progress (not applicable)
Test: not started (not applicable)
Ceremony: not started

Danycad

Oct 24, 2023
Finally an update on Background check - completed as of Mar 19 (visible in the system on Mar 21).

Background check: Mar 19, 2024
Language: in progress (not applicable)
Test: not started (not applicable)
Ceremony: not started
Congrats, do you know when was ur SS started ?

Reactions: june394