+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

NoCanDo

Sep 21, 2023
Jan 2023 applicant, no updates since the virtual interview in October 2023. A family member who applied June 2023 had their oath already. I just want to send a lot of strength and encouragement to everyone still waiting. Hang in there, your day is coming. When it does, you will forget about all the stress and pain of waiting. In the meantime, enjoy the little things.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Jan 2023 applicant, no updates since the virtual interview in October 2023. A family member who applied June 2023 had their oath already. I just want to send a lot of strength and encouragement to everyone still waiting. Hang in there, your day is coming. When it does, you will forget about all the stress and pain of waiting. In the meantime, enjoy the little things.
Similar situation here, I applied for CSIS notes and that had kicked some people's rear end to get the BG completed. Yet, after that everything went idle again.

You are saying your relative applied in June 2023 and had oath already, how about if I tell you my colleague applied in November 2023 and got oath already? The whole process is just dumb

Sam1249

Dec 4, 2023
We applied for gcms notes. But not csis .
when I applied for my gcms soon after I received a ghost update on Jan 19
but not for my husband.
his last ghost update was on Oct 27 th

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
We applied for gcms notes. But not csis .
when I applied for my gcms soon after I received a ghost update on Jan 19
but not for my husband.
his last ghost update was on Oct 27 th
Security clearance is given by CSIS, so I doubt if you poke IRCC they would do anything...it's pretty much up to CSIS to provide a reply. Hence, I wondered if my BG got completed because I applied for the notes

salvazero

Jul 17, 2020
Hello, I am wondering if anyone is having the same experience as myself.

Type: Online application

Physical Presence Days: 1125

Application: Single

AOR: March 1st

No update whatsoever since March 1st! The status of my application is in progress for LPPB.

Here is the update I got from MP regarding my application:

"As per the IRCC, your application is processing in Sydney, Nova Scotia. The criminality assessment is still in progress, the security has passed, residency and language not started, and the knowledge test has not been done yet."

Is this normal?

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Hello, I am wondering if anyone is having the same experience as myself.

Type: Online application

Physical Presence Days: 1125

Application: Single

AOR: March 1st

No update whatsoever since March 1st! The status of my application is in progress for LPPB.

Here is the update I got from MP regarding my application:

"As per the IRCC, your application is processing in Sydney, Nova Scotia. The criminality assessment is still in progress, the security has passed, residency and language not started, and the knowledge test has not been done yet."

Is this normal?
Yes and no. No, it's not normal. But if you ask anyone that has their case passed over to Sydney (aka RC-8090), that's completely normal.

Sam1249

Dec 4, 2023
Security clearance is given by CSIS, so I doubt if you poke IRCC they would do anything...it's pretty much up to CSIS to provide a reply. Hence, I wondered if my BG got completed because I applied for the notes
ohh ok !
Will apply for csis notes :)
Thanks for your response

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
How to apply GCMS or CSIS notes please ? can someone share the link?
https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/
pick personal information on the next page and follow through. When you get to the page that asks which agency you want to enquire information about, you search for IRCC for GCMS notes and CSIS for security clearance notes.