+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I've couple of questions related to my minor son applictaion. On Jan 25th I got an email saying to cut his PR card and send back the copy. I did that but after that no update. And I haven't received his citizenship certificate yet. Now, I'm planning to do road travel to USA next week and I haven't yet received his citizenship certificate.

He is a USA citizen so I've couple of doubts whiule coming back to Canada -

- Will there be any issues while his travelling back ?
- As USA citizen's are allowed for 6 months stay. Do I need to udpate anywhere in online or in some immigration system, after coming back and post receiving eve his canadian citizenship certificate or canadian passport to make sure he's no longer treated as a visitor in canada ?

Please suggest.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Hi All,

I've couple of questions related to my minor son applictaion. On Jan 25th I got an email saying to cut his PR card and send back the copy. I did that but after that no update. And I haven't received his citizenship certificate yet. Now, I'm planning to do road travel to USA next week and I haven't yet received his citizenship certificate.

He is a USA citizen so I've couple of doubts whiule coming back to Canada -

- Will there be any issues while his travelling back ?
- As USA citizen's are allowed for 6 months stay. Do I need to udpate anywhere in online or in some immigration system, after coming back and post receiving eve his canadian citizenship certificate or canadian passport to make sure he's no longer treated as a visitor in canada ?

Please suggest.
I think you should just call IRCC to find out about where can you get a copy of the certificate instead of posting the question here.

Reactions: fièrementcanadien

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Those of us still stuck somewhere, the processing time is now 14 months as stated on IRCC's website. I tried calling this morning but the agent pretty much said that's a reference time and he could not (or would not, who really knows at this point) help push the application along. He said I can submit a webform, which I just did and I've reached out to my MP...see what happens...

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Those of us still stuck somewhere, the processing time is now 14 months as stated on IRCC's website. I tried calling this morning but the agent pretty much said that's a reference time and he could not (or would not, who really knows at this point) help push the application along. He said I can submit a webform, which I just did and I've reached out to my MP...see what happens...
Agents are a hit or miss, if yours is not a non-routine application your MP can probably help push your application forward.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Agents are a hit or miss, if yours is not a non-routine application your MP can probably help push your application forward.
I don't like the term "non-routine" as I really felt it's an arbitrary distinction. But, yes, the agent did confirm the system did not indicate the application was incomplete nor IRCC required any further information from me at this point.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
So another update on my spouse's application - her Background verification is now complete. This seemed to happen shortly after we received GCMS notes which I had requested following an update earlier this year.

All that's left is the Prohibitions (and of course the ceremony). Her application was received on 18th January, 2023 - so in a bit over a week she will be beyond the average processing time of 14 months.

Danycad

Oct 24, 2023
So another update on my spouse's application - her Background verification is now complete. This seemed to happen shortly after we received GCMS notes which I had requested following an update earlier this year.

All that's left is the Prohibitions (and of course the ceremony). Her application was received on 18th January, 2023 - so in a bit over a week she will be beyond the average processing time of 14 months.
Congrats

Do you know when was her SS started ?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Congrats

Do you know when was her SS started ?
As far as I can tell, it started 21/03/2023 - so about two months after the AoR. So it took close to a year....

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019

Got another update today (though the action was on the 9th of March). Prohibitions also complete - so now just waiting on the Oath!

It looks like she might end up close to the average processing time in the end.