+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 intake, let’s connect

Michael A.

Dec 21, 2021
Just received approval of SP for Jan 2022 intake and OWP for the husband. Waiting for the approval of student permit for minor children soon to be lodged. How long will it take do you think?

Reactions: Sujicannal

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Just received approval of SP for Jan 2022 intake and OWP for the husband. Waiting for the approval of student permit for minor children soon to be lodged. How long will it take do you think?
Very congratulations. From where u applied and please share ur profile

Sujicannal

Dec 12, 2021
Congratulations .. please share you timeline and country..

saravani

Dec 21, 2021
Hi,
I have a fully-funded PhD position from a university in Montreal and applied for a study permit on October 18 form Mexico City.
Today I received a refusal letter. The officer says:

"You have not submitted a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)"

However, I sent my CAQ to them. I followed exactly their instructions!
I applied for a study permit with the proof of application for a CAQ and sent them my CAQ a few days ago using web form, but it seems that they have not received it yet.
I have heard that, even if they have not received your CAQ, the officer asks you to upload your CAQ! I don't know why the officer rejected my application!

Can I do anything now, or I should reapply?
If I apply again, the processing takes 9 weeks again?

I would be thankful if you could help.

Thank you!

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
I applied for visa on November 26 SDS. I am not sure if I can get student visa approved by January 10 (class start date), so I am going to defer my admission to May'22 in a weeks' time.

Reactions: Sujicannal

Farzana_fatoomi

Dec 8, 2021
I applied for visa on November 26 SDS. I am not sure if I can get student visa approved by January 10 (class start date), so I am going to defer my admission to May'22 in a weeks' time.
Even I've applied by then. But let's wait and see, ask your college by when the classes will start if in case you've to register for the class ASAP, then it's better if you defer now itself. But if there is a deadline then ask the college ppl especially the admission controller or someone for the dates and wait till then.

Farzana_fatoomi

Dec 8, 2021
Even I've applied by then. But let's wait and see, ask your college by when the classes will start if in case you've to register for the class ASAP, then it's better if you defer now itself. But if there is a deadline then ask the college ppl especially the admission controller or someone for the dates and wait till then.
There's a date other than the mentioned class start date ,like "register for class". Most of the colleges give a consideration for the students inorder to seek for defer or ask for refund. So find out if your college provides a last or deadline for registration for classes or for the last date for deferral or refund.

saravani

Dec 21, 2021
In my case, the university has designed the PhD seminar course online so that the students who can't get their study permit in time can start online from outside Canada, so I took this online course after talking to my supervisor and registered for Winter trimester.