+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 intake, let’s connect

Nov 25, 2021
Yes medical check is compulsory
Thank you, Raj. Would anyone know if the requirement is by the passport I'm applying with or country of origin? I have a British Passport but I'm currently located in Nigeria. The portal says I do not need a medical but I want to do one just in case this changes. I have been to Canada several times as a visitor in the last 5 years with no issues. So it's a bit confusing.

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Thank you, Raj. Would anyone know if the requirement is by the passport I'm applying with or country of origin? I have a British Passport but I'm currently located in Nigeria. The portal says I do not need a medical but I want to do one just in case this changes. I have been to Canada several times as a visitor in the last 5 years with no issues. So it's a bit confusing.
I assume yours is a non-SDS application.Most of the non-SDS applicants from India do the medicals before they are requested and upload the e-medical receipt via webform.You can do that,will definitely speed up the decision.

journey1712

Star Member
Nov 21, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
24-07-2021
Hello all, Original Passport request received.

Fresh, non-SDS, Indian. (Visa office Singapore) +visitor visa for dependent child
17 years study gap (covered with experience)
Applied for Masters programme in University
App Series S3043
Filed: 15 Aug
Biometrics: 30 Aug
Upfront Medical (without request): 27 Sep 2021
Additional docs (PCC): 6 Oct
Medicals Passed: 12 Oct
BVL and PPR: 8 Nov

Feeling truly blessed.
all the best to everyone
Congratulations to you!

Nov 25, 2021
Has anyone seen this update from IRCC? I believe it will also apply to the January 2022 intake but needs to be confirmed?

the time you can study online from outside Canada and have it count towards PGWP eligibility. You can:
✅count the online study time from March 2020 to August 31, 2022
✅complete up to 100% of your studies online and be eligible for a PGWP

LaVyas05

Nov 26, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
I submitted my visa file (SDS) on 20th Oct'21 and Biometrics on 29th Oct'21. Does SDS file process more quickly than normal file. Is there any Queue or sequence for File Approval of Student visa or they process randomly? one of my colleague got PPR who applied on 19th September.

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
I submitted my visa file (SDS) on 20th Oct'21 and Biometrics on 29th Oct'21. Does SDS file process more quickly than normal file. Is there any Queue or sequence for File Approval of Student visa or they process randomly? one of my colleague got PPR who applied on 19th September.
IRCC picks random applications, in no particular order. Currently it is taking them 45-60 days to give decisions for SDS files in India.However I'm expecting things to speed up as the winter intake is near.

Freecanman

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
My eligibility started on 29 nov but still no result. I thought result comes soon after eligibility starts (medical updated Oct 13, bio updated Oct 7)