+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 intake, let’s connect

goddessxine

Jun 5, 2021
I've already made some searches on the IRCC website. Nothing says that it's only allowed for 1 month before! As long as I have a valid visa, I can travel at any time!
If you search through the many threads in this forum, you will find that the recommended early arrival is within 4 weeks before the start of your classes. Many students who attempted to go earlier than that were sent back, were not allowed to enter. The officers don't even take the excuse to "settle in early", "look for apartment", "acclimatize", etc. They just won't let you in.

My school specifically mentions ~ New students should aim to travel only within 4 weeks of the start of your first semester.

But at the end of the day, it still depends on the Border Officer ~ who knows, you may chance upon someone who will allow you entry even if you arrive earlier than 4 weeks. Not sure though if it's worth the risk.

Good luck!

Freecanman

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hey! Yes, I've applied on 16th Oct and biometrics done on 20th Oct. How about you?
Biometrics uploaded on Oct 7th and medical passed on Oct 13th. Eligibility hasn’t even started yet. Wondering if I’ll get the permit in time for classes. SDS turned out to be completely useless

dhruv_007

Apr 6, 2021
Biometrics uploaded on Oct 7th and medical passed on Oct 13th. Eligibility hasn’t even started yet. Wondering if I’ll get the permit in time for classes. SDS turned out to be completely useless
Yes, that's true.. At the moment, they are taking around 2 months to process SDS profile.

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Hello all,

I have a unique situation to share. If anyone has any useful information about this, please please let me know.

My sister has a valid 10 year multiple entry visitor visa that was issued to her in 2018 before the biometric requirement was in place. She traveled to Canada once in 2018 and once in 2019 after the biometric requirement was in force. Even though she had not given her biometric before, the process was smooth and they did fingerprint scanning and photo at the airport at that time. She stayed in Canada for a month or so and went back to India.
Now, she has applied for study permit with her offer letter from University of Western for a Master degree winter intake. When she applied on IRCC website, she got the biometric letter within 48 hrs of application. However due to the unavailability of biometric appointments, the earliest date available is Dec 7. Now I understand that there is no chance her application will be approved before the course starts and she may have to defer the admission. But is there any chance that her biometrics are already in the system since she traveled to Canada twice? (once before the biometric requirement and once after). She does not have any paperwork stating that the biometrics were collected at the airport. However, she remembers giving fingerprints. Is there any way to get the information regarding this? Because if her biometrics are already in the system, then there is still a chance of her study permit being approved before the start of the course.
A web form with this query is already raised but it may be late to get a response from IRCC.

Looking to get any information from experts in the forums. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.
check the status on the biometric tool on the website if she has a UCI

MohammedShaat

Aug 7, 2019
If you search through the many threads in this forum, you will find that the recommended early arrival is within 4 weeks before the start of your classes. Many students who attempted to go earlier than that were sent back, were not allowed to enter. The officers don't even take the excuse to "settle in early", "look for apartment", "acclimatize", etc. They just won't let you in.

My school specifically mentions ~ New students should aim to travel only within 4 weeks of the start of your first semester.

But at the end of the day, it still depends on the Border Officer ~ who knows, you may chance upon someone who will allow you entry even if you arrive earlier than 4 weeks. Not sure though if it's worth the risk.

Good luck!
My classes start on Jan. 10. I'm planning to travel on Dec. 10. It will not be worth the risk.

brunoshayman

Sep 22, 2021
United Kingdom
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-05-2021
Hey everyone! Just to let you all know, I received a call from my immigration consultant last night, my study permit application has been approved. The details are in my timeline. Which is actually seems completely different to most other applicants' timelines. So, for any May applicants still waiting, keep the faith as you never know when things will happen.

I had no updates for 5 whole months but then everything happened in less than 10 days. Also, for anyone applying from a visitor visa exempt nation (like the UK) you don't need to send your passport away and you won't receive a passport request.

Thanks to all those who have contributed to this forum, you all helped me make sense of this process and gave me hope when all seemed lost and for that I'll be eternally grateful!

Peace