+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 intake, let’s connect

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
hello everyone,
i applied for my visa last week and I've got my biometric slot on 11th Nov. My classes start January 5th, also I've applied under non sds. what are the chances?
ZERO chance... i think very very limited chanced even if visa approved then u still need to wait additional 20 days for visa stamping on passport. i advise u to deffer ur intake for next session

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
hello everyone,
i applied for my visa last week and I've got my biometric slot on 11th Nov. My classes start January 5th, also I've applied under non sds. what are the chances?
Dont defer until the deadline is near. Who knows how lucky you are?! Take the chance and wait. But prepare for the worst. Good luck!

Lanray

Jun 8, 2019
Good day everyone,
It being 14 weeks that I put in my application and nothing is happening with the application. Can anyone advise me on what to do. Class start January. Thanks in advance.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Good day everyone,
It being 14 weeks that I put in my application and nothing is happening with the application. Can anyone advise me on what to do. Class start January. Thanks in advance.
Wait till oct end and starting week of november, that is what consultants are saying. I think then we have to raise webforms. Good luck...

Reactions: bruh99 and Aesopzai

iona_s22

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Hi, I Applied on April 16th for fall semester but after giving my biometrics and medicals , my biometrics was not linked till august so I deferred my intake from September to January 2022. I got a repeat biometrics letter end of august and got an appointment only 1 month later on 27th September because of the rush and backlog in India. Now again I do not have any update its going to be a month and January is just two months away and i am worried.
I have an issue with finger print reading and the officers took note of it but still my application reads biometrics not given and there's no update.
I am beginning to wonder how long this is gonna take. plus IRCC gives automated replies and says they are processing afghan refugee visas as priority. Does anyone have an update here

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Hi, I Applied on April 16th for fall semester but after giving my biometrics and medicals , my biometrics was not linked till august so I deferred my intake from September to January 2022. I got a repeat biometrics letter end of august and got an appointment only 1 month later on 27th September because of the rush and backlog in India. Now again I do not have any update its going to be a month and January is just two months away and i am worried.
I have an issue with finger print reading and the officers took note of it but still my application reads biometrics not given and there's no update.
I am beginning to wonder how long this is gonna take. plus IRCC gives automated replies and says they are processing afghan refugee visas as priority. Does anyone have an update here
Check the status of your Biometric on IRCC website tool

Yashkaran

Oct 24, 2021
Hello guys!
I had applied for my file on 12th May 2021 under the SDS category for fall 2021 intake. Medical was updated on 10th April, Biometrics on 9th July. I received a refusal on 15th July. Applied for the GCMS note and it took longer than expected - 40 days. I could still apply for Fall again but decided to go for Winter intake. Again the process took almost a month form getting the LOA to arrange all the necessary documents. Finally applied my file again under SDS on 28th Sep.
- Now it's been 26 days since that, neither my medical nor my biometrics are updated. Although I know IRCC is taking 2 to 3 months irrespective of the category for the result but is it normal for my Medical and Biometrics to not get updated in my account To-date?
- My agent is recommending raising a webform regarding the same. Should I raise or wait?
- Does anyone here have been in a similar situation?
- What are the chances of getting the visa before winter intake?

Please do help me out here! Thank You!

SSK123

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
07-04-2017 score- L 8.5 R 8.5 W 6.5 S 6.5
Hello all,

I have a unique situation to share. If anyone has any useful information about this, please please let me know.

My sister has a valid 10 year multiple entry visitor visa that was issued to her in 2018 before the biometric requirement was in place. She traveled to Canada once in 2018 and once in 2019 after the biometric requirement was in force. Even though she had not given her biometric before, the process was smooth and they did fingerprint scanning and photo at the airport at that time. She stayed in Canada for a month or so and went back to India.
Now, she has applied for study permit with her offer letter from University of Western for a Master degree winter intake. When she applied on IRCC website, she got the biometric letter within 48 hrs of application. However due to the unavailability of biometric appointments, the earliest date available is Dec 7. Now I understand that there is no chance her application will be approved before the course starts and she may have to defer the admission. But is there any chance that her biometrics are already in the system since she traveled to Canada twice? (once before the biometric requirement and once after). She does not have any paperwork stating that the biometrics were collected at the airport. However, she remembers giving fingerprints. Is there any way to get the information regarding this? Because if her biometrics are already in the system, then there is still a chance of her study permit being approved before the start of the course.
A web form with this query is already raised but it may be late to get a response from IRCC.

Looking to get any information from experts in the forums. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hello all,

I have a unique situation to share. If anyone has any useful information about this, please please let me know.

My sister has a valid 10 year multiple entry visitor visa that was issued to her in 2018 before the biometric requirement was in place. She traveled to Canada once in 2018 and once in 2019 after the biometric requirement was in force. Even though she had not given her biometric before, the process was smooth and they did fingerprint scanning and photo at the airport at that time. She stayed in Canada for a month or so and went back to India.
Now, she has applied for study permit with her offer letter from University of Western for a Master degree winter intake. When she applied on IRCC website, she got the biometric letter within 48 hrs of application. However due to the unavailability of biometric appointments, the earliest date available is Dec 7. Now I understand that there is no chance her application will be approved before the course starts and she may have to defer the admission. But is there any chance that her biometrics are already in the system since she traveled to Canada twice? (once before the biometric requirement and once after). She does not have any paperwork stating that the biometrics were collected at the airport. However, she remembers giving fingerprints. Is there any way to get the information regarding this? Because if her biometrics are already in the system, then there is still a chance of her study permit being approved before the start of the course.
A web form with this query is already raised but it may be late to get a response from IRCC.

Looking to get any information from experts in the forums. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.
Since she applied for visit visa, she must have a UCI number. You can trace this letter in the correspondence that you received from IRCC. Then use that UCI number and check here for biometric information https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

Reactions: Yuv1