+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

neel_321

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
They seem to be asking some individuals to send in all copies of their passport pages. Not sure what case yours is, but if you didn't submit all the pages of the passport with the application, then it could be that.
I did send them the passport pages but have travelled to outside Canada after that. Do they need a proof our physical presence in Canada before they schedule us for the oath? Thank you for your response.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I did send them the passport pages but have travelled to outside Canada after that. Do they need a proof our physical presence in Canada before they schedule us for the oath? Thank you for your response.
It isn't unheard of that they want to confirm if somebody is in the country. Did you go out of country recently?

I think I remember reading on the forum that sometimes they have asked people of their return date with tickets (or boarding passes in case they have arrived back) if they think the individual is outside the country. So it is a possibility, but hard to say with certainty. Do post back when you get their correspondence.

Reactions: neel_321

wink

May 25, 2021
Yes passport copies. Which I did before the interview.
Okay, in that case I would guess that it's one of their update problem. I don't see a point in asking anything after DM except that you told them you are outside country and they want to make sure that you are back in Canada before oath. Or if submitted finger print in the past (usually before BG check) and it is more than a year, maybe they are asking you to submit again. But if you were not asked to submit in the past, then it may not be the case. My guess would be they have lot of problem with updating the system and your case also like that. But still it is better to get clarified with them.

neel_321

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Okay, in that case I would guess that it's one of their update problem. I don't see a point in asking anything after DM except that you told them you are outside country and they want to make sure that you are back in Canada before oath. Or if submitted finger print in the past (usually before BG check) and it is more than a year, maybe they are asking you to submit again. But if you were not asked to submit in the past, then it may not be the case. My guess would be they have lot of problem with updating the system and your case also like that. But still it is better to get clarified with them.
Thank you for your response. Yes, I was outside Canada after my interview and after I have submitted the passport pages.

neel_321

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
It isn't unheard of that they want to confirm if somebody is in the country. Did you go out of country recently?

I think I remember reading on the forum that sometimes they have asked people of their return date with tickets (or boarding passes in case they have arrived back) if they think the individual is outside the country. So it is a possibility, but hard to say with certainty. Do post back when you get their correspondence.
Thank you for your response. Yes, I was outside the country recently.

Feb 3, 2023
What do I name the oath form itself and what is the subject line I need to use when sending it back? Do I include anything in the body or leave that blank?

Rad80

Jan 13, 2023
What do I name the oath form itself and what is the subject line I need to use when sending it back? Do I include anything in the body or leave that blank?
Please review the attachment you received in the oath invitation email, subject line should read "Oath Form for [application no.], [Last name]", I suggest using the same to name the oath form itself.

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Have some updates on e-Certificate. I've received the e-certificate on the third day after the oath ceremony. Printed it out and applied for passport at the same day. The clerk who checked document completeness seemed unfamiliar with e-Certificate. Spent some time to explain with her.
Thanks, seems like the physical certificate also comes reasonably quicK. Wonder why they take 3 days for an e- certificate!! Should be max next day if it’s a batch run.

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Have some updates on e-Certificate. I've received the e-certificate on the third day after the oath ceremony. Printed it out and applied for passport at the same day. The clerk who checked document completeness seemed unfamiliar with e-Certificate. Spent some time to explain with her.
How did you join the pilot? at what stage do they give you that option ?

one1world

Sep 6, 2022
Application tracking portal stuck on loading since I received oath date. Is this normal? Can’t access my account since.

wink

May 25, 2021
Application tracking portal stuck on loading since I received oath date. Is this normal? Can’t access my account since.
Yes, it seems to happen to most of the people (for the reasons only IRCC knows). Nothing to worry about it. Couple of days after the oath, it would start working again...

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I wish I had read this earlier. I also agreed to e-certificate.