+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2022 - Citizenship Applications

motocrosstar

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
Hi folks, I haven't heard anything back from IRCC since my test was marked completed in October. BG completed before that in September (full timeline in the signature). With a slew of oath invites for Jan 22 applicants and even Feb 22 and March 22 applicants getting oath invites, I can't help but get a bit worried. Is anyone else in the same boat? I've applied for GCMS notes but read a few posts here on the forum realized that GCMS note application is hopeless as it takes months for them to respond. Is there anything else I can do/ should do? Appreciate any advice!

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Hi folks, I haven't heard anything back from IRCC since my test was marked completed in October. BG completed before that in September (full timeline in the signature). With a slew of oath invites for Jan 22 applicants and even Feb 22 and March 22 applicants getting oath invites, I can't help but get a bit worried. Is anyone else in the same boat? I've applied for GCMS notes but read a few posts here on the forum realized that GCMS note application is hopeless as it takes months for them to respond. Is there anything else I can do/ should do? Appreciate any advice!
In the same boat, did everything including ordering the GCMS notes. I even spoke to my local MP to speak to IRCC. Which he did, but was told that the application is under normal processing times i.e. <24months and hence I need to be patient.

Feb 3, 2023
Oath question: can a candidate swear without using a holy book or do they have to affirm if no holy book was present for use?

UKVAN

Sep 26, 2022
Updated oath date today:

Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1097
Application: Single
Applications sent: Jan 7th 2022
Application received: Feb 28th
Citizenship test invite: Sept 20th
FP request: Sept 22nd (sent Sept 27th from outside Canada)
Test completed: Sept 27th (outside Canada).
FP Received: October 27th
Background Check Completed: October 27th
Passport request: 3rd November.
Sent passport scans: 3rd November.
Interview request: 10th of December for an online interview on the 10th of Jan 2023.
Interview completed: 10th of January (from outside Canada)
Request for foreign police check: Completed and emailed 11th January 2023.
Prohibition, presence, language: Completed 14th January 2023.
Oath: Updated 14th Feb 2023
Oath Scheduled: March 1st 2023 (unknown if it's online or in person, will be travelling to Canada to do it regardless)

To give some ease for anyone worried that CIC hold your application if you are abroad, all of this was done from outside of Canada, with CIC aware I was not living there at the moment and that I haven't been since January 2022.

jacam

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Hello, my application is complete.

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1,131
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: January 19, 2022
AOR: March 4, 2022
Test Email Received: October 5, 2022
Test Completed: October 22, 2022
Test status changed to Completed : October 25, 2022
Fingerprint Request: October 5, 2022
Fingerprint received: October 31, 2022
BG Check Complete: November 1, 2022
Language Skills Complete: December 20, 2022
Physical Presence Complete: December 20, 2022
Prohibitions Complete: December 20, 2022
Citizenship Ceremony: In Progress, December 22, 2022
Oath Invitation: February 8, 2023
Oath Completed: February 8, 2023
Application Closed: February 10th, 2023
Citizenship certificate received by mail: February 13, 2023

Thank you all for your help, wishing everybody the best and speedy citizenships :)
I was on the oath call with you then lol. Application closed same date also but certificate not here yet.

Reactions: ksingh05

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
Updated oath date today:

Application type: Online
Physical presence: 1097
Application: Single
Applications sent: Jan 7th 2022
Application received: Feb 28th
Citizenship test invite: Sept 20th
FP request: Sept 22nd (sent Sept 27th from outside Canada)
Test completed: Sept 27th (outside Canada).
FP Received: October 27th
Background Check Completed: October 27th
Passport request: 3rd November.
Sent passport scans: 3rd November.
Interview request: 10th of December for an online interview on the 10th of Jan 2023.
Interview completed: 10th of January (from outside Canada)
Request for foreign police check: Completed and emailed 11th January 2023.
Prohibition, presence, language: Completed 14th January 2023.
Oath: Updated 14th Feb 2023
Oath Scheduled: March 1st 2023 (unknown if it's online or in person, will be travelling to Canada to do it regardless)

To give some ease for anyone worried that CIC hold your application if you are abroad, all of this was done from outside of Canada, with CIC aware I was not living there at the moment and that I haven't been since January 2022.
You give me hope!!! Especially because I have been outside Canada since I applied.

van.city

Dec 26, 2022
Tracker updated today (Feb 14th):

Citizenship Ceremony was updated to In Progress (says it was updated on Feb 10th) AND citizenship oath is scheduled for March 2nd.
It just says (Waiting on you ... and to follow the instructions "we sent you"). I haven't received actual email instructions and I don't know
if it is in person or online.

I'll be checking my email frequently now.

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Exactly on the same boat. Test completed oct 14, no update since then except ghost update on Dec 16, already requested gc notes - nothing can really help, just says not started. Also spoke with an ircc agent, she said everything is normal and to just wait. I am trying to ask my local MP to see if they can help but other than that, not sure what else we can do than to wait.

• Sad
Reactions: motocrosstar

Kannna

Feb 22, 2022
Exactly on the same boat. Test completed oct 14, no update since then except ghost update on Dec 16, already requested gc notes - nothing can really help, just says not started. Also spoke with an ircc agent, she said everything is normal and to just wait. I am trying to ask my local MP to see if they can help but other than that, not sure what else we can do than to wait.
Completed test on Sept 30, ghost update on Dec 16 and Feb 10.. nothing else

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Did you receive the ATIP notes in mail or your email? I requested the notes in October.. but have not received them till date. Any way to follow up about that request with IRCC?

Reactions: dny0821

dny0821

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Did you receive the ATIP notes in mail or your email? I requested the notes in October.. but have not received them till date. Any way to follow up about that request with IRCC?
received via email bec that’s what i chose when i submitted the request. i followed up by sending an email to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca with my reference #. received the notes about 2 days after.

Reactions: anigdikar