+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021(winter) intake(general discussion)

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Hello friends
It is me Shadow_Man again with another thread for another general discussion of another intake(lol). I have previously posted two general discussion threads for May and September intake of 2020 which I hope did help someone out. So here I am again with another thread to help the winter 2021 intake students.
Please feel free to use this thread to ask Questions, Suggestions, Answers, Opinions, Advice, and so on regarding winter intake, colleges, courses, universities, AIP, fees, etc..

Be nice to each other and follow the forum rules. Help each other if you know anything regarding their questions. Most importantly speak out with any questions no questions are stupid if you decide so. Just ask it straight away rather than making assumptions. I hope during these uncertain times everyone could be able to achieve their dreams. Wish you all luck.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Lemme start of with myself.
Before going to my college, course and such lemme give a small history on myself. Ok if you have watched my other two threads you could have seen that I said i was going to apply to some colleges at that intake too. So if you are wondering why I am saying the same here the small answer is many problems. First of on May intake I couldn't find enough funds and my other required documents were not ready. Second the September intake(both May and September I planned for a diploma in Conestoga college Ontario), well you know corona. So here I am with my third try that is winter 2021.
So now for winter I applied for centennial college and the course is software engineering technician, diploma(2 years or 4 semesters). Luckily this time I got my offer letter and all the things are going well (except for the corona ofc). My course would start in January 18 of 2021. Currently have not applied for study permit but hopefully would in a month if all goes well. Okay basically that's my shortly told situation. Share your's as well. Also I forgot to tell make new friends who you might meet in your college from here..

Truesez

Sep 12, 2020
I have got an offer letter from University of Manitoba for the winter intake. But I had a question regarding the POF. My mother's bank account has active transfers every month but as I am interested in applying for a canadian visa my parents will be selling a property and transferring the amount to her bank account. This will create a huge spike in the bank statement. So my question is, will I be eligible despite the tremendous spike in bank statement?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
I have got an offer letter from University of Manitoba for the winter intake. But I had a question regarding the POF. My mother's bank account has active transfers every month but as I am interested in applying for a canadian visa my parents will be selling a property and transferring the amount to her bank account. This will create a huge spike in the bank statement. So my question is, will I be eligible despite the tremendous spike in bank statement?
You need to show the funds are accessible to you for the purpose of supporting your studies in Canada. A sudden large deposit is only a problem if they think you've deliberately transferred money in to show a high balance, without the intent of actually keeping the money in the account for use in Canada.

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
I got Offer for MEng in Industrial Engineering for winter 2021. Planning for SP in online. Also preparing for IELTS as it is conditional offer for low IELTS. I want to share my SOP for review. Thanks

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
is that difficult for master students (MENG) with major in mechanical engineering to find a job after graduation in Canada?

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
is that difficult for master students (MENG) with major in mechanical engineering to find a job after graduation in Canada?
Depends upon the many factors. If you completed your masters in a Canadian Universersity then you are good to go. If it's from some other nation then there is less chance for employers considering you for the job. They mostly consider resumes which have a Canadian certificate but it is not applicable everytime. Even work experience in that field for some years improves your chance and again if it is in a Canadian company then your chance increases. So if nor of the above are applicable to you then I would highly recommend you to take a small certificate course in a a reputed college nearby the place you wish to work. Search for jobs in sites such as indeed for the job availability and note the locality where the specific job is more available with good salary and vacancies. Look for the nearby colleges which are highly reputed and enrol in a small course there for that Canadian certificate. If you are planning to complete your masters there then no need for the above step. With some research using google and such job finding sites you will get a good understanding on how many opportunities are available for you. Best off luck.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions if there is any.

Yangz

Jun 9, 2020
Depends upon the many factors. If you completed your masters in a Canadian Universersity then you are good to go. If it's from some other nation then there is less chance for employers considering you for the job. They mostly consider resumes which have a Canadian certificate but it is not applicable everytime. Even work experience in that field for some years improves your chance and again if it is in a Canadian company then your chance increases. So if nor of the above are applicable to you then I would highly recommend you to take a small certificate course in a a reputed college nearby the place you wish to work. Search for jobs in sites such as indeed for the job availability and note the locality where the specific job is more available with good salary and vacancies. Look for the nearby colleges which are highly reputed and enrol in a small course there for that Canadian certificate. If you are planning to complete your masters there then no need for the above step. With some research using google and such job finding sites you will get a good understanding on how many opportunities are available for you. Best off luck.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions if there is any.
i see. thanks. btw, i mean MENG in a Canadian university. because im gonna take one in jan if i could get the visa.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
i see. thanks. btw, i mean MENG in a Canadian university. because im gonna take one in jan if i could get the visa.
Oh okay then you are good to go.

parankapur

Sep 2, 2020
I am planning to pursue higher education by enrolling myself in a
post-baccalaureate diploma program in Canada, however, I am in a
dilemma in regard to the eligibility for the Student Direct Stream.

I hold a valid IETLS general test with all bands above 7.5 and would
want to get a confirmation if that would be acceptable if I apply
under that category, keeping in mind I clear all the other criteria
for the same!

Ney123

Jul 24, 2018
Lemme start of with myself.
Before going to my college, course and such lemme give a small history on myself. Ok if you have watched my other two threads you could have seen that I said i was going to apply to some colleges at that intake too. So if you are wondering why I am saying the same here the small answer is many problems. First of on May intake I couldn't find enough funds and my other required documents were not ready. Second the September intake(both May and September I planned for a diploma in Conestoga college Ontario), well you know corona. So here I am with my third try that is winter 2021.
So now for winter I applied for centennial college and the course is software engineering technician, diploma(2 years or 4 semesters). Luckily this time I got my offer letter and all the things are going well (except for the corona ofc). My course would start in January 18 of 2021. Currently have not applied for study permit but hopefully would in a month if all goes well. Okay basically that's my shortly told situation. Share your's as well. Also I forgot to tell make new friends who you might meet in your college from here..

I apply for intake in UQUAM ( Université du Quebec à Montreal) for this winter 2021. I still don't have a response from the university. Does someone who apply for the winter 2021 get a decision from UQUAM.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
I am planning to pursue higher education by enrolling myself in a
post-baccalaureate diploma program in Canada, however, I am in a
dilemma in regard to the eligibility for the Student Direct Stream.

I hold a valid IETLS general test with all bands above 7.5 and would
want to get a confirmation if that would be acceptable if I apply
under that category, keeping in mind I clear all the other criteria
for the same!
The answer would be it depends. Some colleges accept general module for admission but most only accept academic module. Most of these programs however is less than a year lengthy. You have mentioned your interest in a post-baccalaureate diploma, so that would be very rare. I personally don't know so such colleges for diploma but a deep search in google might help. Also colleges that may offer admission on the above basis might not be a DLI(Designated Learning Institution). If you won't enrol in a DLI then you won't be eligible for a pgwp. So if you did find a college please check here to find out whether it is a DLI. From a tweet I found in IRCC's twitter page, they say that they accept both modules for sds ,so there is that. There were cases on accepting visas and study permit under such before but I am not sure how legit are such cases as I had found them so far from quora and other threads here. Check out the answer from Abhilasha Bajaj from this quora post. Again universities and most colleges accept ielts academic. I will let you know if I could get more information on your question. Keep the thread updated if you have any doubts or there is any future updates.

tl;dr : yes and no, study permit under sds will accept general module but DLI colleges or universities might not.

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I have gotten my AIP for the Winter 2021 already.In june, I got my offer letter of admission, so I turned in my application for the SP in early August and got my AIP in early September. The final SP approval is what I'm waiting for.My program is in Industrial Engineering at the University of Windsor.
Do Canadian employers consider work experience from the U.S as being closely related to Canadian work experience? I am asking because I have about two years of Industrial experience from the U.S.A.

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
The thing is I have received a conditional acceptance offer stating I need to submit all my transcripts to start my program. But due to Covid-19 pandemic situation, my final semester exams are most probably pushed to December 2020 or the exams would not be conducted and we would be graded on the basis of submitted projects and internal assessment exams. In both the situations, I won't be receiving my final semester transcript before December 2020.I have already applied for the CAQ. But because of the final semester marksheets, I would not be able to apply for study visa. Should I defer my admission once again?(Already deferred once from Sep to Jan)

SelvanRoss

Sep 17, 2020
Hey does anyone know whether you need to submit your bank account statements and income tax returns under SDS? Or is your college receipt and GIC enough from a financials pov?