+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021(winter) intake(general discussion)

Vandana!

Sep 5, 2019
Hi All,
I had applied for a study visa for a 1 year course in Trent university. let me inform you all that I completed mt studies in 2010, after which I worked for 7 years. I recently got my AIP for Sep 2020 intake, however the college informed that I will not be eligible for refund incase I start my class online basis AIP and later I get final visa rejection, hence I am planning to defer to Jan 2021 intake my queries are-
1) Will defering to Jan 2021 intake, after receiving AIP will effect my visa and its extension later?
2) Will I have to re-apply for visa again? What will be the process with the visa incase i defer?

Please help

Last edited:

fasalu101

Apr 5, 2020
Lemme start of with myself.
Before going to my college, course and such lemme give a small history on myself. Ok if you have watched my other two threads you could have seen that I said i was going to apply to some colleges at that intake too. So if you are wondering why I am saying the same here the small answer is many problems. First of on May intake I couldn't find enough funds and my other required documents were not ready. Second the September intake(both May and September I planned for a diploma in Conestoga college Ontario), well you know corona. So here I am with my third try that is winter 2021.
So now for winter I applied for centennial college and the course is software engineering technician, diploma(2 years or 4 semesters). Luckily this time I got my offer letter and all the things are going well (except for the corona ofc). My course would start in January 18 of 2021. Currently have not applied for study permit but hopefully would in a month if all goes well. Okay basically that's my shortly told situation. Share your's as well. Also I forgot to tell make new friends who you might meet in your college from here..
Hi, thanks for opening the thread. Happy to connect with fellow prospective Centennials for the Jan 2021 intake. I guess I can relate to your situation very much as I have been facing the same issues since the May intake. Finally last week, I got an offer letter from Centennial college for Jan 2021 intake for Biotechnology advanced program. Having paid the registration deposit, and would probably pay the remaining first year fees soon enough. Let me know your timeline on when you plan to apply for the study permit.

Cheers! Thanks :)

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Hi, thanks for opening the thread. Happy to connect with fellow prospective Centennials for the Jan 2021 intake. I guess I can relate to your situation very much as I have been facing the same issues since the May intake. Finally last week, I got an offer letter from Centennial college for Jan 2021 intake for Biotechnology advanced program. Having paid the registration deposit, and would probably pay the remaining first year fees soon enough. Let me know your timeline on when you plan to apply for the study permit.

Cheers! Thanks :)
Hey
Certainly happy to see you as well. I have received my loa too. Paid registration fees. Got time until 15th of November for paying first sem fees. Well not sure on when to apply for the study permit yet. After paying the first year fees is likely when I would be staring those I guess. I will surely update my timelines in my main post. Again good to see you.

navdeep.droid

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Hey thanks for this thread, I have applied for Study permit last month for Jan 2021 intake at Seneca College. I am still not sure what will be the outcome. Processing time for India is now 5 weeks but it is already more than a month and no updates.

Reactions: azzamkc

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
Hello friends
It is me Shadow_Man again with another thread for another general discussion of another intake(lol). I have previously posted two general discussion threads for May and September intake of 2020 which I hope did help someone out. So here I am again with another thread to help the winter 2021 intake students.
Please feel free to use this thread to ask Questions, Suggestions, Answers, Opinions, Advice, and so on regarding winter intake, colleges, courses, universities, AIP, fees, etc..

Be nice to each other and follow the forum rules. Help each other if you know anything regarding their questions. Most importantly speak out with any questions no questions are stupid if you decide so. Just ask it straight away rather than making assumptions. I hope during these uncertain times everyone could be able to achieve their dreams. Wish you all luck.
The 2 step processing was specifically for fall and ended on September 15th so would you know how are applications submitted after Septemeber 15th for winter 2021 getting processed?

CanadaBowValley

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Hey,Thanks for the thread first of all.
I have applied for the course of IT in Bowvalley college for the same Jan intake. I am from India.
AS i have applied for VISA on 20 july 2020
i got my AIP on 3rd sept 2020. but they were asking for the biometrics as all the VFS centers are still closed due to Covid.
Any idea when the VFS centers will get reopen or any news coming in regarding the biometrics relief.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
The 2 step processing was specifically for fall and ended on September 15th so would you know how are applications submitted after Septemeber 15th for winter 2021 getting processed?
Yep I gotta know the same too. What they plan after fall intake ends? There gotta be some update soon. Maybe when this month ends

beinghumble

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
You need to show the funds are accessible to you for the purpose of supporting your studies in Canada. A sudden large deposit is only a problem if they think you've deliberately transferred money in to show a high balance, without the intent of actually keeping the money in the account for use in Canada.
Hi, in this scenario what will be the suitable options one must take if they have good amount of liquid funds in hand, how can it be shown in the bank account then, will making a fixed deposit work in this context, plz share ur experience bro

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Hi, in this scenario what will be the suitable options one must take if they have good amount of liquid funds in hand, how can it be shown in the bank account then, will making a fixed deposit work in this context, plz share ur experience bro
The money should be in your name. It needs to be clear that the money will still be in the account when you get to Canada.

Reactions: beinghumble

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
I showed liquid funds under my moms name and attached an affidavit of support stating the same.

kitty11

Jun 4, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi. I have a question. I have filled my study permit form but I am confused about the signature part. Is it necessary to do electronic signatures? Or can we just print the form and sign it and upload the scanned copy?

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Hi. I have a question. I have filled my study permit form but I am confused about the signature part. Is it necessary to do electronic signatures? Or can we just print the form and sign it and upload the scanned copy?
You print, sign, scan and upload only the family information form. The rest you sign electronically cause if you print them and upload that’d disrupt the barcode somehow