+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

tatateagold

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
So they DIDN'T request fingerprints or any additional info, at least not yet - so that's what is frustrating really! There's nothing to classify my application as non-routine, at least as per their definition.

I only hope that MP's office calling them might at least give my file a nudge.
So, the very next day of my MP's office reaching out, status changed to Test Invite! Wow! The nudge seems to have worked!!

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
You need to be in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship. If you get your invitation while you’re outside Canada, reply to the invitation email to explain your situation in detail.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Oath of Citizenship” in the subject line
  • In the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • a detailed explanation of your situation
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats..

What was his timeline like? Was it online or paper? What was Test invite, Test attempted, test update dates and everything else updated to DM? And which Office? Etc
Thank you! Paper application. Date Details in the signature timeline. No test since he turned 55 the day before signing the application. Mississauga office.

Reactions: LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband sent in his application to renew his pr card (delivered on Jan 31st; the citizenship status appears to have been updated with his oath details on the 31st, as well. Coincidence or was it instrumental in the nudge towards the right direction?) What’s the procedure to withdraw his PR application?

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Your prediction was correct, my Citizenship Ceremony has been updated to "In Progress" today. The oath is scheduled for February 24 as per the tracker but waiting on the email.
Great news! Glad it happened so quickly! Hope for the rest of us! Updated tracker for you.
Update for me today.

All status completed except oath . one more step .waiting for oath mail. However the status is updated for me and my spouse. Kids applications all are in progress . Is this normal?
Great news! Hopefully you get an oath scheduled in the next week or two. Congrats on moving to the next stage. Updated tracker for you. Yes, this is normal. I hear that kids applications only update until after oath has happened if I'm not mistaken?

Reactions: nimesh1486
Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
My husband sent in his application to renew his pr card (delivered on Jan 31st; the citizenship status appears to have been updated with his oath details on the 31st, as well. Coincidence or was it instrumental in the nudge towards the right direction?) What’s the procedure to withdraw his PR application?
Wow!! So much great news today!! Oaths scheduled, DMs made, citizenship invites.. So much getting done for the Jan applicants today. I think an email to our MP is in order :D I'm sorry, I don't have knowledge of the PR application withdrawal..

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow!! So much great news today!! Oaths scheduled, DMs made, citizenship invites.. So much getting done for the Jan applicants today. I have updated tracker for you. I think an email to our MP is in order :D I'm sorry, I don't have knowledge of the PR application withdrawal..
Thank you! Hopefully, there’ll be good news for you as well!