+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hi All,

I am asking this question on behalf of my husband.
He got an email Test invitation to take the Exam between Dec 17 and Jan 6 2022. The email was received on 13 Dec.
As per the instruction by IRCC, if outside of Canada and you wish to take exam write an email within 24 to 48 hours from the date of the notice and IRCC will contact with next steps.
It's been over 3 days now and no reply was received by IRCC.

Did anyone had the same situation and knows what can be done? Should he just take the test?

Please advise!

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Please update my application status on excel.
Test completed on Dec 17th 2021. Got 19/20.

I had a question. Is it okay if i had my email tab on the side (on the same Google chrome), i didn't have any other tabs or anything open? I didn't click on email during the test (i had used it to click on the test link and i think i forgot to close that tab after). I completed my test well within 5 minutes but I'm just worried if having another tab is an issue?

Please someone who's completed the test before let me know.

Kekaritu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017

I had a question. Is it okay if i had my email tab on the side (on the same Google chrome), i didn't have any other tabs or anything open? I didn't click on email during the test (i had used it to click on the test link and i think i forgot to close that tab after). I completed my test well within 5 minutes but I'm just worried if having another tab is an issue?

I think you should be fine. I had a “do you want to restart your computer?” pop-up window during my test. I was also worried it could be a problem but it wasn’t. You will know for sure once they update your tracker to “test completed”

Reactions: LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
I think you should be fine. I had a “do you want to restart your computer?” pop-up window during my test. I was also worried it could be a problem but it wasn’t. You will know for sure once they update your tracker to “test completed”
Oh really! Ya i got really worried for a moment. I don't trust the technology sometimes, so always doubt myself. at first, when I registered and got email link to write the test (i closed that email tab). But I took way too long to take a proper picture of my PR card and when i finally captured a clear picture; the test link expired and couldn't go any further.

So i had to redo the registration to get a new test link. And the second time i didn't close the email tab. By the way i realized that people weren't kidding when they expressed how difficult it was to get a clear picture of their ID. webcam camera takes mirror image and the screen reflection on the id makes it worse. I tried my best and just submitted it. It could've been clearer but that's the best i could do at that time.

Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Hi All,

I am asking this question on behalf of my husband.
He got an email Test invitation to take the Exam between Dec 17 and Jan 6 2022. The email was received on 13 Dec.
As per the instruction by IRCC, if outside of Canada and you wish to take exam write an email within 24 to 48 hours from the date of the notice and IRCC will contact with next steps.
It's been over 3 days now and no reply was received by IRCC.

Did anyone had the same situation and knows what can be done? Should he just take the test?

Please advise!
Could you please provide your husband's timeline so I can update it in the spreadsheet? Where did he apply from in Canada. # physial prescense days on the application. Paper or online application? Date sent and date received? AOR? In process on ecas? :)

ks231

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-03-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Family app.(3 people)
2 years+ One year from the previous stay in Canada (have not traveled outside Canada since PR received)
January 7, 2021.
Paper application.
Citizen test invitation: July 15.

PS. Scheduled for Citizenship oath: December 09, 2021.
The oath was taken on December 19

Oath status updated on December 15

Waiting for certificate

Reactions: mpreetsingh

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021

Totally fine. You're all good.

Gorbv.01

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017

Do not worry, it is not an issue. Most people click on the link from e-mail and I doubt that all of them close another tab. As long as you did not switch tabs - it's ok.
One of my acquaintances passed the test and some stupid technical Chrome pop-up always popped up during the test (related to some updates). It took him 6 months to get the test result as completed.
But once again - you'll be fine , nothing to worry about.

Addy@11

Aug 10, 2021
My application Timeline:

Application Submitted: January 12, 2021
AOR received: July 14
Fingerprint request: August 12
Citizenship Test Activity Status updated to - In progress: September 17
Scheduled For Citizenship Test: September 24 (outside Canada)
Citizenship test Completed: October 12
Fingerprint Submitted to RCMP: November 15 (90 days timeline was over, couldn't fly back to Canada within the 90 days timeline)
Background verification Status updated to Completed: December 08
Physical Presence: In progress (physical presence is well above the minimum requirement around 1350 plus days)
Language Skills: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship Ceremony: not started

Last edited:

khawar1

Star Member
Jul 4, 2011
Hi Guys,
I have passed my citizenship on Sunday evening. My wife also passed the test but the test was disconnected in between due to some internet issue but she logged in within 2 minutes and completed the test. She also passed. Will it be a problem?
Also, please update the excel.

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hi Guys,
I have passed my citizenship on Sunday evening. My wife also passed the test but the test was disconnected in between due to some internet issue but she logged in within 2 minutes and completed the test. She also passed. Will it be a problem?
Also, please update the excel.
Shouldn't be a problem. They know that technical issues can happen so as long as ur wife followed the instructions of how to reconnect and completed and passed the test, u should see the status update to completed hopefully soon!

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
The 3 letter code in the subject of test invite is the city code right? Mine's "HAM" (Hamilton). I wrote the test on 17th it's been over three business days. Let's see how many days Hamilton office takes.
Oh well.. 2 seconds after i wrote that response, i checked my status and it was updated. Please update my status on excel.

Citizenship Test Activity :
Completed - on December 21st.

Last edited:
Reactions: prt22