+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Finally was able to sign in and take the test, I passed it!!

I actually was more excited getting the AOR (because I had to wait for so long) than I was passing the test. The invitation and passing the test didn’t really excite me much haha.

Hopefully they don’t make us wait another forever for citizenship ceremony :cool:
Lol congrats bud. But trust me a lot of people are waiting for the test update because in my opinion that's a sign of everything else being okay in the application. Lol

Reactions: thatguyoverthere

capnboom

Dec 4, 2018
capnboom
applied online, january 18 2021
AOR: July 22, 2021
Email for Citizenship test: Sept 01, 2021
Test completed: Sept 05, 2021

Reactions: Help!

acs123

Oct 17, 2017
I wrote my test on Aug 15th and my Citizenship Test was marked completed on Aug 17th. My spouse took the test on Aug 19th and her status was updated to completed on Aug 23rd. In most of the posts, I see the status is getting marked completed within 2-3 days. It doesn't mean your application has a problem, maybe the officer who is assigned your case has a little bit of backlog?

Also, I hope you informed CIC that you will be taking the test outside of Canada? This is mentioned in the instructions in the test invite mail.
I did informed cic about my whereabouts. It's been a month I passed citizenship test but status is still in progress. I hope the same that agent has backlogs. Anyways, thanks for your reply.

Reactions: eagle922

mihaifrim

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hy guys , where is the best website to practice for citizenship test, and how long will take after the Background verification its done to receive the invitation for the exam?

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Got ghost update yesterday (August 18) and logged in today to see BG was completed (shows July 18th aswell so I guess it was later on in the day). I see the update date is now Aug 19th (today) so does that mean its another ghost update?
Got my test invite today in the online system. No email yet

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Update for the excel sheet: I got an email request today to submit passport pages - to mail/courier them to SCR office (not scans).
Questions: 1) Is the suggested translator option: https://www.docsbase.ca, or are there any other recent discoveries?
2) After I send the package, is a webform query/email correspondence required to update the SCR office?
@rajkamalmohanram @sknk89 - any advice would be appreciated!

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Update for the excel sheet: I got an email request today to submit passport pages - to mail/courier them to SCR office (not scans).
Questions: 1) Is the suggested translator option: https://www.docsbase.ca, or are there any other recent discoveries?
2) After I send the package, is a webform query/email correspondence required to update the SCR office?
@rajkamalmohanram @sknk89 - any advice would be appreciated!
Are they requesting copies of all pages of the passport to applicants who have traveled after sending their application or is it that anyone can be asked for it? Because it seems like only some people are asked to submit it.

If everyone is required to send all the pages anyway, why don't they ask to send it with the application package? I remember many of us having this conversation when we sent our applications, as to whether to send just information pages or the entire passport.

If anyone has any idea please shed light. If you've received a request for all passport pages and you have not traveled since you submitted the application please respond to this.

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
I got a 'ghost' update on August 12th (shows that date at the top right of the tracker) but no actual changes since.

I'm not in the slightest bit worried, but wanted to post this as counterpoint to the "ghost update is followed by real update within a few days" narrative that's predominant. I'm sure that's true for some if not most, but apparently not all... so unless I come back later to say that it was followed by a rejection of my application :)eek:) no-one should be concerned if their ghost update isn't immediately followed by real change.

Knowing my luck, it's just that the agent assigned my file has gone camping! :rolleyes:
Got my test invite today, no other changes to my status (not that I care at this point!)

My tongue-in-cheek explanation is that I just booked flights to see my parents for the first time in over 3 years!

So my question is: obviously I don't want to take the oath before that trip (mid-late Oct) as I wouldn't have my Canadian passport. If I'm lucky enough to get an oath date before that trip, can I postpone? I'm wondering if I should take the test asap (Sep 15th) and maybe get the passport before the trip - but that seems highly improbable, or wait until the end of the test period (Oct 5th) on the basis my oath invite won't then arrive until Nov earliest. Any thoughts? I'm tending towards the latter even though my gut wants to take the test asap!

abt81

May 11, 2015
Update after taking the test.

Application Type: Family
Physical Presence Days: 1,196.5
App Sent Date: Jan 2nd, 2021
App Delivered Date: Jan 7th, 2021
AOR Date: March 10th, 2021
In-process Date: April 28th, 2021

Tracker test invite update: July 19th, 2021
Test window: July 23rd to August 13th, 2021
Test email: July 21st
Test finished by: July 31st
Tracker update to test completed: August 3rd
Got a request to mail passport scanned copies (September 9th). Sent them out today.

Amanbaanga

Jul 21, 2017
Got my test invite today, no other changes to my status (not that I care at this point!)

My tongue-in-cheek explanation is that I just booked flights to see my parents for the first time in over 3 years!

So my question is: obviously I don't want to take the oath before that trip (mid-late Oct) as I wouldn't have my Canadian passport. If I'm lucky enough to get an oath date before that trip, can I postpone? I'm wondering if I should take the test asap (Sep 15th) and maybe get the passport before the trip - but that seems highly improbable, or wait until the end of the test period (Oct 5th) on the basis my oath invite won't then arrive until Nov earliest. Any thoughts? I'm tending towards the latter even though my gut wants to take the test asap!
People are getting oath dates for March