+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi Everyone, I sent my citizenship application in July 2020, Received the AOR in Feb 2021; Completed the citizenship test in July 21 and also its marked completed in the online Progress tracker. Since then I have received a letter from IRCC asking for scanned copy of my entire passport and I have submitted that too but there are still 3 "in progress" areas in my application status tracker..1) Language 2 ) Physical Presence 3) prohibitions. and there is no further update since mid July there. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Do IRCC want the copies by mail or by email? Thanks

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Nope, most of us are still waiting for the test invite. Plus someone recently mentioned that people who applied before January 2021 are getting their oath ceremony dates in March 2022. So the processing time is more like 12+ months..
Some applicants from feb 2021 got test invite. 1 year after test invite or 1 year after AOR? What is the average time to oath after test invite?

acs123

Oct 17, 2017
Update:
Finally after 40 days of writing the test from outside Canada. Test status has been completed.

Any idea on approximate time to next steps? Thanks.

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Update:
Finally after 40 days of writing the test from outside Canada. Test status has been completed.

Any idea on approximate time to next steps? Thanks.
How much time it usually takes if test taken inside canada? Also, Did you inform them that you were outside of canada before taking test?

Kekaritu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
My updates for the tracker:
Aug 6: BG check
Aug 27: test update in the online tracker
Sept 1: test email invitation
Test dates: Sept 3-23
Sept 19: passed the test, 17/20
Waiting for the official results now

I turned off the notifications on my laptop, but somehow I still received a “do you want to reboot your computer?” pop-up window in the middle of my test. I closed it right away and clicked on the “yes, I’m back to the test” pop up question. Will it be an issue? I didn’t open any other tabs/windows, just closed the reboot pop up..

Grassquit

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Took my test Sep 16th and it shows completed as of Sep 20th. Passport copies were already requested and provided, so I think I'm now waiting to see if I get invited for an interview...

Reactions: Wandering Mind

krajput1221

Mar 11, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Med's Request
09-04-2018
Med's Done....
09-23-2018
Jan 18 online applicant
July 26 aor
Aug 20 BG complete
Sept 21 test invité - Scheduled test between sept 27- October 13

Kekaritu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
My updates for the tracker:
Aug 6: BG check
Aug 27: test update in the online tracker
Sept 1: test email invitation
Test dates: Sept 3-23
Sept 19: passed the test, 17/20
Waiting for the official results now

I turned off the notifications on my laptop, but somehow I still received a “do you want to reboot your computer?” pop-up window in the middle of my test. I closed it right away and clicked on the “yes, I’m back to the test” pop up question. Will it be an issue? I didn’t open any other tabs/windows, just closed the reboot pop up..
Got my tracker updated today: test completed.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please i need clarification just going through my COPR document received today wondering if this will affect me for citizenship or anything. The passport number mentioned is my old passport which expires next year may but I got it renewed and sent to cic but apparently they never updated it. Will this pose a problem for my in any way, or do I need to update it to current passport number. I currently reside in Canada. And I have both old and new passport with me