+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Hey guys,
I finally completed my oath yesterday (April 20th) it was overwhelming and emotional at times especially the national anthem... Lol and sent a signed copy of my Oath form as well.

Haven't received any update yet. Oath ceremony status still says 'In Progress'. Any idea how long Niagara Falls Office takes to send the citizenship certificate?

prvd2002

May 20, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
IELTS Request
14-08-2014
File Transfer...
05-02-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
Hey guys,
I finally completed my oath yesterday (April 20th) it was overwhelming and emotional at times especially the national anthem... Lol and sent a signed copy of my Oath form as well.

Haven't received any update yet. Oath ceremony status still says 'In Progress'. Any idea how long Niagara Falls Office takes to send the citizenship certificate?
Congratulations, I too received my Oath email yesterday evening, scheduled on 3rd May, same Niagara Office. Please keep me posted when you receive you Oath certificate. I have a travel plan in July 1st week and I'm in a bit of a hurry.

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Congratulations, I too received my Oath email yesterday evening, scheduled on 3rd May, same Niagara Office. Please keep me posted when you receive you Oath certificate. I have a travel plan in July 1st week and I'm in a bit of a hurry.
Yeah for sure bud, I'll keep y'all posted.
They said we had around 180 people from 48 countries taking the oath with us in that ceremony. So I'm sure it takes time for them to send the certificates but it looks like they have a few clerks working together. hopefully it doesn't take 4 weeks though!.

The oath invite letter suggests that it could take 2-4 weeks. So, even if it takes full 4 weeks you'll still have almost another month to get the passport. You can apply for urgent processing if needed. So you should be fine. I cancelled my plan for the second week of may lol.. but it's okay.. it is what it is..

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Whoever had their oath ceremony yesterday (April 20th) hosted by NGF. Can you please update when your online status shows everything completed (meaning they sent your Certificate).

Last edited:

gowdhartha

Jan 4, 2021
Hi All,
I received my "NOTICE TO APPEAR: To Take the Oath of Citizenship by Video" via email on April-20. The oath is scheduled for May-04 via Zoom.

However, on my online profile, the status for the Citizenship Ceremony is still "Not Started." Is anyone else seeing this discrepancy?

Thanks,

nimesh1486

Apr 13, 2017
Hey guys,

@LemmeKnowIfYouKnow @prvd2002 I had it from NGF office as well in February. I received my citizenship certificate in 2 weeks time and my tracker was updated around 2-3 days after my oath ceremony. Hoping that you get your certificate soon. :)

aroundtheworld_

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hi All,
I received my "NOTICE TO APPEAR: To Take the Oath of Citizenship by Video" via email on April-20. The oath is scheduled for May-04 via Zoom.

However, on my online profile, the status for the Citizenship Ceremony is still "Not Started." Is anyone else seeing this discrepancy?

Thanks,
when did you take your test?

ashboy

Aug 27, 2018
Hi All, I had my oath on April 13 (Niagara Falls Office) and today I check on ECAS and it's marked COMPLETE however on the other system it still has Citizenship ceremony: In progress. Does anyone know the meaning of that?

Reactions: LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

ashboy

Aug 27, 2018
Whoever had their oath ceremony yesterday (April 20th) hosted by NGF. Can you please update when your online status shows everything completed (meaning they sent your Certificate).
I had mine from NGF as well on April 13 my ECAS today says Complete but the other system is still in progress. No Certificate yet 9 days later.

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Hi All, I had my oath on April 13 (Niagara Falls Office) and today I check on ECAS and it's marked COMPLETE however on the other system it still has Citizenship ceremony: In progress. Does anyone know the meaning of that?
Yeah my ECAS also says "COMPLETE" now with the latest update being "You became a Canadian citizen on April 20th" but no update on the new tracker. And which city are you from?

Reactions: avm