Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Thanks for the reply. So I am assuming people are still getting oath invitations while outside Canada after they are writing their tests from outside. Let me know if I am right?

Much appreciated.
You can get email even if you leave Canada, the Application says like that, you are free to travel once you applied to citizenship , while your application in process.

that's why they will send invite for oath Assuming you are in Canada. Happened Same for test as well. so it rely on the Applicant who need to be responsible to conatct the VISA office to notify that they are outside and request if they can take outside ot Postpone the event. In case of Test earlier couple of months back they postponed Tests but now they are allowing to do it outside.

For Oath it is too early too call out, becuase Test is different compared to Oath, on Oath you may have to cut and dispose your PR Card (Virtually), your status Officially no longer PR and you don;t hold a card (even if you hold officially it is Illeagal ), so now question is how can you return? You need to get your Certtificated mailed by friends or family to your destined country, if lucky enough not lost in transit, then apply for a temporary passport in the country of you live by conatcting the Local Canadian embassy. I saw one thread where someone was trying this way, but i wonder how the hell you can get 2 references and guarantator outside? for me seriously i have no one in any country other than inside canada who can be guarantator. It is some how Messy situation so i advised apart from the experts on the thread to that person " conatc theLocal Embassy" to know how can he return, there maybe a way they know sometimes not the way we think unless someone experienced and trust me sometimes it won't work for all in the same boat.

you can contact the VISA office that sent the Oath invite to know how to proceed, as of now you may have time for the Oath invite to come, meanwhile 2 things can Happen

A) they may allow to take the oath outside canada
B) they May resume Inperson Oaths (schools and offices are resuming in september without Mask- Just got school email today)

so if in person Oaths are started then no question of outside canada topic.

Wish you good luck :)

Reactions: sknk89

Jassie.bui

Oct 6, 2015
Rather magic :) However taking into account our 6 months waiting for AOR I would not call it urgent processing ;)
Have you waited 6 months for AOR? Did you apply through paper or online? I applied through paper and it’s almost 7 months now, no AOR yet

Alkoya75

Nov 24, 2020
i received AOR IN JULY 26 TH , BG is still says in progress, and i can see most ppl that receive AOR around the same time have BGcompleted, anyone have idea whats going on???

Alkoya75

Nov 24, 2020
On the prohibition question, I had answered YES to the question that says" have you ever been told to leave canada", because my Refugee application was denied in 2011 and was told to leave Canada but subsequently became PR thru family sponsorship in 2015, now my question is will this affect my application any means on BG or Prohibition part???