Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
Please my LPP changed to completed today but the Citizenship ceremony is not started, how long does yours take after LPP changed to completed before getting a date for your ceremony?
For me it took like 6 months, and I emailed my MP several times (and I suggest you do that too!) to get them to look at it, but I think i was just really unlucky, and also it s the Ottawa office which is (in)famous for being slow. Kitchener should be better but it s hard to predict.
Btw this has been shambolic since day 1 of my application, 2.5 years ago, so do not let them pin that on the barely 2 weeks of strike if they look for yet more excuses, it s squarely on IRCC's processes.

A$A$S$

Jan 29, 2023
Thank you very much for this, i checked the CAS last night also and it says decision made for myself and my wife but that of our 2 kids is in process. I just want to have an idea as i need to travel out of Canada and i dont want to rush back because of an important one day event so i need to plan myself.
Once again, thank you

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
yes I am happy to say that I finally got my citizenship. I did the oath on the 30th of May and got my passport 2 days ago. I picked ecertificate.
there was actually no selection so I emailed the oath centre as soon as I got the invitation to request an e-certificate. Best of luck to all of you still waiting!

A$A$S$

Jan 29, 2023
Congratulations, your long wait is over. My last update was May 9, LPP completed and Oath Ceremony remains not started, i really cant wait to share this same testimony.

shinene2020

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Northwest Territories
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Montreal
yes I am happy to say that I finally got my citizenship. I did the oath on the 30th of May and got my passport 2 days ago. I picked ecertificate.
there was actually no selection so I emailed the oath centre as soon as I got the invitation to request an e-certificate. Best of luck to all of you still waiting!
Congratulations to you.

kbanks007

Aug 8, 2015
I finally completed the Oath ceremony after a painful wait of 2 years 7 month. We got the e-certificate within 2 days. I wish everyone who is still waiting all the best. Yours will come soon.