Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear forum members, @legalfalcon , I'm asking for your advice.
FSW Outland, AOR 25th Jan 2021, biometrics passed in Feb. There were no other changes in the personal account. Probably, due to the fact that Canada is now intensively considering only applicants for the CEC and PNP programs, then I and my wife should expect movement in our case maybe not early then summer 2022... Therefore, I have three questions:

1) Is it useful to order the GCMS Notes? Does it affect on the fact that officers will begin to consider our case sooner?

2) As far as I understand, medical tests are relevant for a year (we passed it in December 2020), so there will be a request for re-passing?

3) As Proof of funds, we attached a bank statement confirming funds on accounts in three currencies. It's a shame that the money has been lying for nothing for a year now, so I would like to invest them. Therefore, the question is - how likely is it that the Canadian side will suddenly send a request for re-confirmation that the money is still in the account? And if they send it, then it will be possible to reply with an explanation that the money was lying for a year, then we invested it, and now we have transferred it back to regular accounts, and attach to the letter all statements on the movement of funds?

Thank you in advance!

1. requesting GCMS notes has no impact on the processing of your application, i.e. it will neither delay it nor expedite it.

2. see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-9310200

3. See https://bit.ly/3GK1Xu4

TR1111

Dec 7, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon , Just a quick question - many people have received the “we are still processing your application” automated CIC email today, but others (like me) haven’t. Should we be worried? Is there any specific reason why certain people receive the email and others don’t? Thanks so much in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , Just a quick question - many people have received the “we are still processing your application” automated CIC email today, but others (like me) haven’t. Should we be worried? Is there any specific reason why certain people receive the email and others don’t? Thanks so much in advance!
It is a generic email and has no significance.

Reactions: Buho09

Rajbrar

Nov 21, 2017
Your medicals are valid for a year so they'll expire in January 2022. Since they're asking you for a re-med it means they're working on your application and want to revalidate your medicals as COPR is only valid until the expiry date of your medicals
Thank you I appreciate your reply

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
@legalfalcon
Good day, our medical expires next month, December 20. Incase we don’t get extension, we plan to do another medical in January so we can focus having another baby. Since it will be impossible for a pregnant woman to do xray, we want to do an upfront medicals.
But some people are saying it’s not advisable to go for another medical without IRCC telling you to do so. Pls what would u advise. Thanks.

Last edited:

theregularguy

Oct 31, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
24-01-2021

I came across this image about the average processing times on one of the Facebook groups. I have a couple of questions and it would be great if people with better understanding of the process can shed some light on it.

1. What I understand is that the average time for FSW appears to be 21 months now. Is that correct based on the image?
2. Does anyone know what the difference between landing inventory and processing inventory is? Is it like people who have already landed with a PR and the applications which are under processing.
3. It says processing inventory for FSW in person is 50k and in cases is 29k. Does this mean there are around 29k cases pending with IRCC which will lead to 50k individuals getting a PR is all are approved?
4. Do these inventories include everyone who have received AOR's or does this only include people who have crossed the eligibility stage? I am asking coz my R10 is complete and I want to understand if my application is part of the inventory or its excluded from it. Just to get a better idea about what kinda backlogs does IRCC actually have.
5. Most importantly, is this real (as in if documents like these are actually released by IRCC under right to info) or am I just adding fuel to wild speculations floating around the web about the PR process.

If there are just some 35k odd files pending with IRCC, I don't really feel it is a HUGE number and things should hopefully speed up going further. Also, it states at the bottom that data more recent than June 30 has not been released and we have seen some traction in the past few months for FSW and PNP which would means the numbers on this list would actually be lower than what's mentioned. Sorry, I am not talking about CEC here coz that stream is already fast enough compared to others plus I am an FSW and a selfish human who would like to know about his application lol

All of what I am speculating above obviously rests on 2 very important factors - if the document is actually authentic and if I actually understood what's mentioned on it correctly. Sharing here for expert views.

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong group. I am new and this is my second post. Also, does anyone else think posting a picture here is a difficult thing to do. I had to create an account on something called imgur to get this post going.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019

I came across this image about the average processing times on one of the Facebook groups. I have a couple of questions and it would be great if people with better understanding of the process can shed some light on it.

1. What I understand is that the average time for FSW appears to be 21 months now. Is that correct based on the image?
2. Does anyone know what the difference between landing inventory and processing inventory is? Is it like people who have already landed with a PR and the applications which are under processing.
3. It says processing inventory for FSW in person is 50k and in cases is 29k. Does this mean there are around 29k cases pending with IRCC which will lead to 50k individuals getting a PR is all are approved?
4. Do these inventories include everyone who have received AOR's or does this only include people who have crossed the eligibility stage? I am asking coz my R10 is complete and I want to understand if my application is part of the inventory or its excluded from it. Just to get a better idea about what kinda backlogs does IRCC actually have.
5. Most importantly, is this real (as in if documents like these are actually released by IRCC under right to info) or am I just adding fuel to wild speculations floating around the web about the PR process.

If there are just some 35k odd files pending with IRCC, I don't really feel it is a HUGE number and things should hopefully speed up going further. Also, it states at the bottom that data more recent than June 30 has not been released and we have seen some traction in the past few months for FSW and PNP which would means the numbers on this list would actually be lower than what's mentioned. Sorry, I am not talking about CEC here coz that stream is already fast enough compared to others plus I am an FSW and a selfish human who would like to know about his application lol

All of what I am speculating above obviously rests on 2 very important factors - if the document is actually authentic and if I actually understood what's mentioned on it correctly. Sharing here for expert views.

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong group. I am new and this is my second post. Also, does anyone else think posting a picture here is a difficult thing to do. I had to create an account on something called imgur to get this post going.
1: Thats the average time of those apps that have been finalized. Since not many FSW apps have been finalized this year and they are mostly old apps from 2019/2020, the average is high. It doesn't mean that it will take you 21 months(it could).
2: Landing is apps that have received PPR or portal, but have not landed yet, either by inland receiving COPR or outland entering the country, while processing are cases that are still pending.
3: Yes, each dependent count for the total quota, so cases are applications to process and persons would be how many total could receive PR if you include dependents.
4: Its for all with AOR at that time.
5: Yes, you can get these documents be requesting from ATIP. There is a profile in twitter where someone post several internal info they received by requesting from ATIP. They posted that same documento, but it only had info from february. Someone saw that and decided to request updated info, so they requested from ATIP. Anyone in canada is allowed to request info like this from ATIP.

Last edited:
Reactions: theregularguy

theregularguy

Oct 31, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
24-01-2021
1: Thats the average time of those apps that have been finalized. Since not may FSW apps have been finalized this year and they are mostly old apps from 2019/2020, the average is high. It doesn't mean that it will take you 21 months(it could).
2: Landing is apps that have received PPR or portal, but have not landed yet, either by inland receiving COPR or outland entering the country, while processing are cases that are still pending.
3: Yes, each depend count for the total quota, so cases are applications to process and persons would be how many total could receive PR if you include dependents.
4: Its for all with AOR at that time.
5: Yes, you can get these documents be requesting from ATIP. There is a profile in twitter where someone post several internal info they received by requesting from ATIP. They posted that same documento, but it only had info from february. Someone saw that and decided to request updated info, so they requested from ATIP. Anyone in canada is allowed to request info like this from ATIP.
Awesome!! Thanks a lot @Alysson that clears a lot..

CANSam21

Sep 21, 2020
I recently received a request for additional information. I had applied for my PR (AOR: 10th Jan 2021, Biometrics and medical: completed). I also applied for a work permit (sponsored by my company) that was approved in Jun 2021. For the work permit application, I used my company approved immigration organization (PWC). However, they were not supporting my PR application.

Now I received a request for additional information, saying that they think I have used legal representation (PWC firm) for my PR application and they want me to fill out the IMM5476 form in 7 days (11/12/2021). However, PWC has asked me to NOT fill it out as they have NOT represented me for the PR application.

@legalfalcon Can you help me understand what I can do? Shall I fill out a webform informing them that PWC has helped me for the work permit application and NOT for the PR application? Hence, I will not fill it out.

Is there anything else I can do other than the webform?

ArsheyaBegum

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
@legalfalcon
received my GCMS notes on 27th October
AOR : Jan 28th 2021
Date Generated: 23-Sep-2021
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office
Secondary Office: CPC Ottawa
AOR: Jan 28th, 2021
FSW-0
COR-India

Only Medical and Criminality passed, rest no progress, I can see "R10 OK" in my notes, is that any good sign or it's just an initial stage and yet to start eligibility? @legalfalcon plz assist. And I heard from ppl around the same AOR/even later and the Same VO eligibility is passed, is the processing is just random files?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
@legalfalcon
received my GCMS notes on 27th October
AOR : Jan 28th 2021
Date Generated: 23-Sep-2021
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office
Secondary Office: CPC Ottawa
AOR: Jan 28th, 2021
FSW-0
COR-India

Only Medical and Criminality passed, rest no progress, I can see "R10 OK" in my notes, is that any good sign or it's just an initial stage and yet to start eligibility? @legalfalcon plz assist. And I heard from ppl around the same AOR/even later and the Same VO eligibility is passed, is the processing is just random files?
CIO Sydney has not worked on FSWs since March (last update I had on my file). We still have a long way to go. Hopefully with Ottawa starting the process, we can expect something either end of the year or starting next year possibly with a remedical request.
R10 is the completeness check and the first ones done before eligibility starts.

BLRtoBC

Sep 27, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
After watching this thread for a very long time to keep my hope alive, finally posting my first message.

AOR Jan 21/ FSW-Outland/ COR - India/ Local VO - NDVO. Only medicals and criminality passed.

Received GCMS notes on 28 Oct 21 which is pretty much the same as that from July 21. I noticed this note which mentions something about a review required for an LOE. Can this be for the LOE i had provided via webform coz I couldnt see the webform in the list of submitted documents post submission.

Also, my info sharing is mentioned as complete but it shows in progress for my spouse. Can this be because she has an unexpired business US visa or is this like a general trend where info sharing for spouse takes longer?

@legalfalcon and other experienced members, your expert opinion about this would be really helpful.
We have almost exactly the same timelines, my AoR is 25 Jan, and I received my first set of GCMS notes on 30 Jul with the same status. Sad to see that there was no progress in your second set of notes. Oh well, waiting continues I guess.

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
We've had a flurry of PPRs over the past few days, mostly for candidates with January 2020 AOR. This brings to my mind two questions:
1. Have more people noticed any movement on the apps; re-medical requests, medical extensions and the like?
2. At this pace, with PPR coming for apps that are 12 months prior to ours when can we start to actually hope to get a request?

afc1

Apr 27, 2021
We've had a flurry of PPRs over the past few days, mostly for candidates with January 2020 AOR. This brings to my mind two questions:
1. Have more people noticed any movement on the apps; re-medical requests, medical extensions and the like?
2. At this pace, with PPR coming for apps that are 12 months prior to ours when can we start to actually hope to get a request?
I don't want to guess a time for when they'll be done - otherwise, I'll get my hopes up! I would like to know if we should be re-doing medicals up front though, and does that make things any quicker?

I did my medicals in Dec 2020, but not sure if they will be extended or if I should just go ahead and pay for another medical to save time?

Teacher I.T

May 25, 2021
its better to just watch rather than speculate