+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

espresso4life

Jan 2, 2020
yeah exactly. And just BIL, no medical or SA. At first I thought BIL was a good sign coming less than a couple weeks after AOR but now the timeline seems weird :(

canphil1

Feb 25, 2020
I just spoke to one of the phone representatives in CIC and I asked if they could let me know if my wife's application has been sent to a Visa Office yet. Unfortunately the phone agent would not tell me because I am not my wife's assigned representative; no biggie. So I asked if they could tell me what's the criteria(s), if any, is used by CIC to send an application to the Mississauga Visa Office or to the Manila Visa Office. The person said that "if the primary applicant does not live in Canada, then the application is sent to the respective country the person lives. If the applicant is in Canada, then it is sent to Mississauga." Can anyone tell me if this statement is true 100% for all Outland PR applicants? Thank you.

Powder2020

Jan 21, 2020
My wife is from Korea, and is currently in Korea our application is an outland one and it was sent to Mississauga. Her VO would have been Manila too, so whomever you talked to is not 100% correct. I being the SA received an email stating the application was sent to Mississauga a day after biometrics request came. As far as I can tell from reading other's experiences, the simple straight forward applications get sent to Mississauga, if they need to do more of a background check on the PA it gets sent to their VO.

Reactions: DiiDii

canphil1

Feb 25, 2020
My wife is from Korea, and is currently in Korea our application is an outland one and it was sent to Mississauga. Her VO would have been Manila too, so whomever you talked to is not 100% correct. I being the SA received an email stating the application was sent to Mississauga a day after biometrics request came. As far as I can tell from reading other's experiences, the simple straight forward applications get sent to Mississauga, if they need to do more of a background check on the PA it gets sent to their VO.
Thank you! I am going to make a complaint. I took the person's ID and name down for reference. I said I will make a complaint if her answer was not 100% true which she claimed.

vvvickyllll

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
Hi all, is everyone estimated remaining processing time similar?

Mine is 11 Months

Wonder how accurate it is.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
yeah exactly. And just BIL, no medical or SA. At first I thought BIL was a good sign coming less than a couple weeks after AOR but now the timeline seems weird :(
That is strange. BIL but no med req? I wouldn’t worry about the SA, if I got BIL + med req...

AdilKhan1012

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-08-2017
Doc's Request.
25-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Med's Request
29-09-2017
Med's Done....
27-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2018
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Can anyone shine some light on why I haven't gotten an AOR1 yet? They received it on Jan 28th and I have not heard anything back. I'm scared I'm gonna see it in the mail again being sent back to me for missing something (already happened but I corrected and resent it) I am a standard application with no dependants, self-employed, and have filled out every form asked for, organized it so it was easier to go through, etc. I see so many people getting their AOR1's and its like I've been forgotten, but also want to know at what point I should think about calling the office to enquire?

My nerves are shot, this entire process has been daunting and long-winded already for me and I am not even an 8th of the way through this. I just want an AOR1 so I can stop fretting. I have tried linking the application online to see if I could get some sort of answer, but I don't have a UCI or application number yet and all variable information options to put in instead yield no application to be found.

I'm just looking for people who may know a bit more than me to reassure me that its probably nothing. I don't know, it's been a rough year last year and it's just bleeding into 2020 unfortunately.

Any words of wisdom are kindly appreciated.
Just wait, what i think theyre checking in detail cuz you missed some docs earlier...

Reactions: DiiDii

chandrashekarba

Jun 13, 2019
Hey. I am in similar situation except my aor is Jan 24 2020 and meds expired on 23rd Jan 2020. My status few days ago was medicals passed. Today I got biometric request and medical status changed to you don't need to have medical exams. We will send you a message if this changes. You know similar lines I forgot exact words. So my question is do you have same status with your medicals or did they request new one or medical passed? Thank you
Yes, I have the same status. Today My ECAS status is changed from IN PROGRESS to application received. I am not sure if they mean application received in NVDO or something else:rolleyes:

Reactions: LSK

LSK

Sep 14, 2019
Yes, I have the same status. Today My ECAS status is changed from IN PROGRESS to application received. I am not sure if they mean application received in NVDO or something else:rolleyes:
Thank you buddy. I hope we will not be needing the medical exam. It's too much to handle especially when you have to travel for 6 to 7 hours with kids and then wait in a hospital for the whole day. Did you get email about file transfer?