+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Ivory16

Feb 26, 2020
Hi

Did you upload/sent any document after you were done with the medical test? or does the status gets updated automatically after few days that medicals are accepted?

Thanks
Hi! No, I didn`t upload anything by myself. A doctor told me that when they have all results they send them to London (I`m from Ukraine). It takes 5-7 days. I saw that my medical is accepted only on 21st Feb. But it said that it was accepted on 19th Feb. They do not update information on time, that`s for sure!
I`m not sure if the procedure is same for all countries though.

Ivory16

Feb 26, 2020
Hello,

I ( sponsor) have sent a previously completed medical test results through IRCC webform to be linked to the application. Please see the reply below in red from IRCC representative.

Good day Avinash Thumma,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm the reception of the documents.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file. If you wish to obtain further information, the applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form available on our website. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

If you already provided a Use of a Representative form, please resend the form and make sure to fill out all sections of the form correctly.

I never submitted a use of representative form with the original application.

This application is linked to my(Sponsor) GC key account. Do i need to submit the representative form now, to get any future correspondence regarding the application? Or, i get updates to already linked GC key account as i was receiving the biometrics & medical requests including SA to this GC key account only.
GCkey is for principal applicants. Your PA should send the medical test results. If you want to have access to all correspondance and ability to act on behalf of your PA, then your PA should send a use of representative form confirming you as a representative.

tsegereda

Feb 16, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
Has anyone here gotten a request for additional documents? After you sent it, how did it take for SA email or are you still waiting? If you are still waiting, how long has it been?

CPC-Sydney agent advised me that it takes up to 20 business days for office to review requested additional documents....
Not exactly the same, but we got asked for police certificate after SA (in Ethiopia, you can only get a police certificate with a special request from IRCC). We uploaded the requested document Feb 22, and application got sent to VO office Feb 26th... which to me implies that they must have reviewed it within a couple work days...

Reactions: CDNsoldier

espresso4life

Jan 2, 2020
For those who have gotten SA, does ECAS show anything for that step when it goes through? (I don't mean GCkey, I'm sure that would say something).

Reactions: Tya

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Those sponsoring a jamaican, can you say how long after sponsor approval email was ecas updated to decision made? I have a rep so I wouldn't get any emails. Wanna have an idea if it's possible that emails could have been sent out with ecas still stating in process. Thanks!

Diplomat07

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Has anyone here gotten a request for additional documents? After you sent it, how did it take for SA email or are you still waiting? If you are still waiting, how long has it been?

CPC-Sydney agent advised me that it takes up to 20 business days for office to review requested additional documents....
What kind of additional documents did they request?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Those sponsoring a Jamaican, can you say how long after sponsor approval email was ecas updated to decision made? I have a rep so I wouldn't get any emails. Wanna have an idea if it's possible that emails could have been sent out with ecas still stating in process. Thanks!
Hey hun, I guess you and I might be in that unlucky pile. I have no rep I can see both ECAS and GCkey...Unfortunately I have not received SA either. It seems a few people have gotten SA for Jamaica and have even been transferred already. Not sure whats up but It's depressing nonetheless. I guess it will move eventually.

Answer to your question ECAS still says In Process for me. No SA. and I believe it will say Decision Made before you even get the email. At least a Few hours to a day before. I only assume this based on post I've read from other countries.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDNsoldier and Tya

Tya

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hey hun, I guess you and I might be in that unlucky pile. I have no rep I can see both ECAS and GCkey...Unfortunately I have not received SA either. It seems a few people have gotten SA for Jamaica and have even been transferred already. Not sure whats up but It's depressing nonetheless. I guess it will move eventually.

Answer to your question ECAS still says In Process for me. No SA. and I believe it will say Decision Made before you even get the email. At least a Few hours to a day before. I only assume this based on post I've read from other countries.
You are right.... they probably pulling my old file as I came up as a dependent and then went back and got married to my baby father.

Reactions: DiiDii

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
You are right.... they probably pulling my old file as I came up as a dependent and then went back and got married to my baby father.
True, Makes sense...Guess I have a history as well lol. 2nd Sponsorship Ect. Making sure he did not default or whatever. It was 10 years ago and he works so ladidah...When ah fi wi time....ah fi wi :)

stackystack

Dec 21, 2016
Folks, my application status in ECAS is now showing "Application Received" from "In Process". What does this mean?
Also, how do you guys find out which visa office, the application has transferred to?

newhere

Dec 21, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Visitor visa biometric is not valid for a permanent residency/family sponsorship application. Have to pay and give biometrics again, sucks but that's how it goes. If you're going to answer somebody's questions you better make sure you really know the answer otherwise you can have somebody make a costly mistake.
Hi, Have you encountered this? I have not paid my Biometric fee as my spouse did her biometrics few months ago for TRV. The TRV was rejected thats a diffeent story though. Since I have not paid biometric. what will be done in this case?