+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

Randhawaupender

May 13, 2019
Personally, I do not believe that the paper based PR applications already submitted would be ignored by them. If they were supposed to do so, it should've been declared in the last IRCC statement released yesterday where they did not mention about PNP paper based PR. Second thing is that they are pretty experienced and do know that COVID is not going away any soon and hence, they may not wait for the situation to become completely NORMAL to bring their employee back to offices. All I can say/am expecting that these 2 weeks are going to be pivotal to decide that..(these are my personal views)
Bro i really pray that please god prove me wrong and Your words come true

pistachios2015

Mar 13, 2020
That being said , all applicants who are paper based should ramp up their patience level now , Well it is hard but still reality remains reality ...
So expect a generous 2 and half year for pr processing paper based ...
As this covid is not getting any better and workplaces and offices especially operated by government will not take any chance , not even a .001%
And plus they will be diverting staff towards cerb fraud cases , for which they have received just countless tips over phone in just few days ...
And then Tax season next year will be another headache for them ...
And Till vaccine is not developed things (atleast in government work ) are not going to get any better....
but the situation in Nova scotia has gotten much better now, for more than 3 weeks there is no infection cases found out there. Why they insist on working from home? This is hard to understand???

Last edited:
Reactions: manku_patel

Randhawaupender

May 13, 2019
but the situation in Nova scotia has gotten much better now, for more than 3 weeks there is no infection cases found out there. Why they insist on working from home? This is hard to understand???
Bro federal government will usually follow Canada wide rules ....
Province has already began reopening phase but we are seeing nothing from sydney office , So it means it is upto federal government when to open and when not to ...
And one reason for delay might be that Sydney receives all the files and mails so that puts that office at much higher risk than others ..
You never know how mail has travelled and if those mails were kept of handled in facility where someone could be infected ?

buttphalia

May 28, 2020
Bro federal government will usually follow Canada wide rules ....
Province has already began reopening phase but we are seeing nothing from sydney office , So it means it is upto federal government when to open and when not to ...
And one reason for delay might be that Sydney receives all the files and mails so that puts that office at much higher risk than others ..
You never know how mail has travelled and if those mails were kept of handled in facility where someone could be infected ?
Its mean they are not going to touch our files until corna finish completely

Reactions: manku_patel

Lizer

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Dear all,
I have questions and hope someone can help me here. I submitted my PR applicationpaper-based on June 5th. Last week I became eligible for CEC federal express entry and my points will be 430. Do you think it is a good idea to create an EE profile and withdraw my paper based application? Will I get a refund?
note: I have an EE profile and invited by alberta but couldn't accept the invitation because I already have the nomination
Thank you all for your helpful posts and hope we get good news soon

jasonliuengr

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-05-2020
Nomination.....
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
05-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-02-2021
Dear all,
I have questions and hope someone can help me here. I submitted my PR applicationpaper-based on June 5th. Last week I became eligible for CEC federal express entry and my points will be 430. Do you think it is a good idea to create an EE profile and withdraw my paper based application? Will I get a refund?
note: I have an EE profile and invited by alberta but couldn't accept the invitation because I already have the nomination
If I were you, I will definately go with the EE or CEC. I think you can refund your paper based application fee on where you paid. On my email I got: "If you paid by mistake, request a refund online.". But the provincial nomination will not refund you and you might need to apply the EE nomination (or if your points is enough then you don't need the nomination)

Lizer

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Thank you for your reply!
I am really confused. When alberta sent me the invitation they said in the email " if you have a nomination from alberta, you're not eligible for the EE stream" and I have alberta nomination therfore I couldn't accept the invitation. what did you mean when you said apply for EE nomination?

jasonliuengr

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-05-2020
Nomination.....
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
05-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-02-2021
Thank you for your reply!
I am really confused. When alberta sent me the invitation they said in the email " if you have a nomination from alberta, you're not eligible for the EE stream" and I have alberta nomination therfore I couldn't accept the invitation. what did you mean when you said apply for EE nomination?
I'm not entirely sure what your situation is or what program are you intended to apply as we are in different province. In BC, mainly there are two types of nominations I.E. for paper based, and for EE. Paper based nomination is only for paper based and cannot be used for EE. Vice versa.

As you said, nomination doesn't work for EE stream in Alerta, then you can't use nomination to add points. That is not a case in BC.

nitinsha85

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Dear all,
If I understood your question correctly.

I would suggest that you continue to run your paper-based file and create your EE profile. Do not withdraw your paper-based application right away (don't worry about the refund at this moment). Wait till you get to ITA or AoR stage for your EE application. As your score is coming out to be 430 and the last draw was at 431, then you still have good chances to go through within the next couple of draws.

Lizer

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
If I understood your question correctly.

I would suggest that you continue to run your paper-based file and create your EE profile. Do not withdraw your paper-based application right away (don't worry about the refund at this moment). Wait till you get to ITA or AoR stage for your EE application. As your score is coming out to be 430 and the last draw was at 431, then you still have good chances to go through within the next couple of draws.
Thank you!
I'm not worried about the refun as much as I'm worried about the very long processing time. What you said is the same with what I was going to do, but I talked with my lawyer today and he doesn't recommend this at all. He said it's better to wait and I will be eligible for a bridging work permit.
I am in PGWP now and will expire in January 2021

Reactions: J20190911

pistachios2015

Mar 13, 2020
IRCC Tweet,
We continue to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online and permanent residence applications. Paper applications for visitor visas, study and work permits will not be processed until further notice: https://t.co/6ql0gEcuMA https://t.co/DWf0DKIMJj

Can any one interpret the above tweet..??
They will work on both paper and ee pr applications, but Sydney office still remain its working from home policy, so if ur files are at Sydney, then it won’t be processed. This is what I understood from their tweet.

Last edited:

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
They will work on both paper and ee pr applications, but Sydney office still remain its working from home policy, so if ur files are at Sydney, the it won’t be processed. This is what I understood from their tweet.
Where does it says in the tweet that sydney office is closed?