+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 on wards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR connect here.

pradeep.maringanti

Oct 11, 2018
I already wrote this in another topic but no responses, so i'll try here. (Paper application with ar in august 2020).

"Looking at this forum it's my understanding that we are talking about 2 years of waiting time, considering the virus maybe even more.
In other topics there are people with the AOR after 1 month from the AR and still more than 2 year of total time. In our case (average 6 months between AR and AOR) it'll be more than 2 year for sure.

So there is something that i can't understand.
The Canadian Experience Class requires very basic staff (just a minimum of 7 in the language skills) and just 1 year of work in canada. And i see application totally processed in less than 6 months.

So why people just doesn't apply for that after 1 year?
Because i'm sure i'm missing something, it doesn't even require education, job offers or anything. Looking at the website seems like you can apply simply with 1 year of work in canada (noc A, B or 0) and nothing else. So what i'm missing?"
It is vary from case to case like some are lacking with english score and some are not getting desired points for CEC draw (even with CLB7)). PNP (paper based) takes more time but somewhere little hope that we will get PR finally.

Reactions: manku_patel

AlexSBT

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
It is vary from case to case like some are lacking with english score and some are not getting desired points for CEC draw (even with CLB7)). PNP (paper based) takes more time but somewhere little hope that we will get PR finally.
I see.
I mean, in my case I'm not in rush for the pr itself, but I have this situation where my employer (the one that sponsored me) is moving the company far from Vancouver.
And it's not an option for me, my life is here and I have zero intention to leave the city.
But if I leave the company obviously I can't procede with the pr application, more than one person said that immigration will check if I'm still working there during the last steps.

Anyway, 1 month ago I spoke with a lawyer and she said a very interesting thing.
She thinks that during the next year they'll change the pr application process, they'll move everything online and probably it'll become faster.
But it's only a rumor.

SZ20

Dec 4, 2020
Hi, my AR is May 15, 2020, still waiting for the AOR. I called IRCC today, they say they received my application, and they are still checking application completeness. They gave me an application number start with "XEP", still cannot link my file. ONPNP, 2 people. Hope to get AOR soon.

jt2019

Star Member
May 20, 2020
Hi, my AR is May 15, 2020, still waiting for the AOR. I called IRCC today, they say they received my application, and they are still checking application completeness. They gave me an application number start with "XEP", still cannot link my file. ONPNP, 2 people. Hope to get AOR soon.
Are you able to get your status on ecas?

Lizer

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello,
May I ask you if they said that you can use the temporary file number to apply for BOWP?

SZ20

Dec 4, 2020
Hello,
May I ask you if they said that you can use the temporary file number to apply for BOWP?
I didn't ask this, I have a valid work permit now, you can call them to check, but I assume the file number they gave me might differ from the real file number on the AOR, because I cannot use this file number to link my file online. Hope this helps.

Singh190920

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Nope, I tried, still cannot link my file.
Hey!

Keep checking your status on ECAS everyday ,its very much possible that you don’t receive AOR email though your file processing will start soon and also you will be able to link your file to GCKey so don’t rely on email itself.This is for everyone who haven’t received their AOR’s or have temporary file numbers.

I know quite a few April and May AR’s including myself who haven’t received AOR email yet but the file processing started about a month back ,we can see our status on ecas and were able to link our file as well so we have our permanent file number from there.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello,
No you can’t apply for Bowp with temporary Aor . Also the Aor number remains the same they gave you on phone but they remove temporary X from front of XEP1234567.

Reactions: manku_patel