+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Jan 18, 2021
Hi all,
I am new here. :)
I am married to a Canadian and we have three young kids. We are planning to move back to Canada this summer.
We currently live in Hong Kong. I am from HK.
My question is, if we apply inland how do you provide the No Criminal Record Certificate issued by the Police Force of your own country (HK in my case) when you are already moved to Canada.. considering this kind of application needs to be done in person...
Thanks in advance guys.

Reactions: PomL77
Jan 18, 2021
Hello all,
We uploaded some new documents through the WebForm on December 23 and yesterday on January 17. I called IRCC this morning, and on their end they do not see either of these yet, and claim that this is a reasonable delay at this time (holidays, COVID...). We did get a green "success" after we uploaded these documents, but I'm still worried about this long wait.
Anyone upload anything relatively recently? How long did it take for them to get through?
Thankyou.

Toxa

Aug 17, 2020
Hi all,
I am new here. :)
I am married to a Canadian and we have three young kids. We are planning to move back to Canada this summer.
We currently live in Hong Kong. I am from HK.
My question is, if we apply inland how do you provide the No Criminal Record Certificate issued by the Police Force of your own country (HK in my case) when you are already moved to Canada.. considering this kind of application needs to be done in person...
Thanks in advance guys.
Hi. My situation: I'm from Russia. Before I moved to Canada I got the police certificate paper in my home country. When I came to Canada I got it translated from Russian by a certified translator. Then I applied for the Inland and attached both the original and the translation. As long as they didn't require any additional docs, it went quite well, I guess.

Toxa

Aug 17, 2020
Hello all,
We uploaded some new documents through the WebForm on December 23 and yesterday on January 17. I called IRCC this morning, and on their end they do not see either of these yet, and claim that this is a reasonable delay at this time (holidays, COVID...). We did get a green "success" after we uploaded these documents, but I'm still worried about this long wait.
Anyone upload anything relatively recently? How long did it take for them to get through?
Thankyou.
Hi. I'm in the same boat. IRCC requested a WebForm with an additional document. I sent it twice on Dec 17. No reply. Then I called IRCC on the Jan 12. The operator said they hadn't put it in the system yet. The only option she offered was to send it again. Which I did immediately. But still no news. There are huge delays, I think.

PomL77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Congrats to all!! My progress Bar dissapeareed too. I heard if you clear cache in browser it comes back. There are forums on this phemonemon

Toxa

Aug 17, 2020
Hi. I'm in the same boat. IRCC requested a WebForm with an additional document. I sent it twice on Dec 17. No reply. Then I called IRCC on the Jan 12. The operator said they hadn't put it in the system yet. The only option she offered was to send it again. Which I did immediately. But still no news. There are huge delays, I think.
I've just gotten an email that the additional doc I sent via a WebForm was added to my profile. Dec 17 uploaded. Jan 18 added. A month overall.

Reactions: J20190911

mocomb

Aug 7, 2017
Hi Everyone !

hope everyone is safe and congrats to the ones that got their letter !!

we are at 100% on the process bar (before it was removed :)) and have received a letter via the CIC site stating that we are eligible for Permanent residency today. the letter is generic and says that we are eligible and states that we can apply for OWP (which we have done at the beginning and got 6 mounts ago). we are a bit confused and not sure what we should so especially that we cant get hold of them on the phone.

has anyone received this letter ? if yes what should we do ? what does it mean?

Thank you.

Regards
Mocomb

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi Everyone !

hope everyone is safe and congrats to the ones that got their letter !!

we are at 100% on the process bar (before it was removed :)) and have received a letter via the CIC site stating that we are eligible for Permanent residency today. the letter is generic and says that we are eligible and states that we can apply for OWP (which we have done at the beginning and got 6 mounts ago). we are a bit confused and not sure what we should so especially that we cant get hold of them on the phone.

has anyone received this letter ? if yes what should we do ? what does it mean?

Thank you.

Regards
Mocomb
It's a standard letter - it's called Approval in Principal. It can be useful in certain circumstances, like if you live in Ontario and want to be on OHIP.

Reactions: mocomb
Jan 18, 2021
Hi. My situation: I'm from Russia. Before I moved to Canada I got the police certificate paper in my home country. When I came to Canada I got it translated from Russian by a certified translator. Then I applied for the Inland and attached both the original and the translation. As long as they didn't require any additional docs, it went quite well, I guess.
Thanks for your reply.
I am just wondering, how do we do it as in HK, they need Canada’s request in paper form in order to proceed such CRCC....that is my concern....I don’t want to have to travel all the way back to HK and get it...

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for your reply.
I am just wondering, how do we do it as in HK, they need Canada’s request in paper form in order to proceed such CRCC....that is my concern....I don’t want to have to travel all the way back to HK and get it...
You'd need to ask the Chinese consulate in the Canadian city you're moving to if they can handle the police record requests for HKPF, or you need to mail the request to them, or see if you can have a friend/family member/solicitor in HK do it for you once you get the IRCC letter, if you cannot request a police record check without the letter.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks for your reply.
As the IRCC website states:

How to apply
  • Apply in person at the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office.
  • Apply in writing to the Commissioner of Police at the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office.

Contact information
Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office
14/F, Arsenal House
Police Headquarters
1 Arsenal Street
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Telephone: 852-2860-6557
Fax: 852-2200-4321
Email enquiries: eo-cncc-ib@police.gov.hk

Reactions: dillym