+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

dpap

Jun 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

Did anyone try contacting IRCC via web form recently ? How long does IRCC take to respond to webform nowadays? I have contacted IRCC via Webform to provide additional documents needed to process our application. We generated Webforms on Dec 12, but haven't received any confirmation yet.

Thanks

Last edited:

Toxa

Aug 17, 2020
Hi Guys,

Did anyone try contacting IRCC via web form recently ? How long does IRCC take to respond to webform nowadays? I have contacted IRCC via Webform to provide additional documents needed to process our application. We generated Webforms on Dec 12, but haven't received any confirmation yet.

Thanks
Hi,
I did that recently.
First, they requested my renewed passport, because the old one was expiring. I submitted a webform and in 10 business got an email from ircc, that they accepted it. Also, the was an update in my GC account.
Second, they required the Right of Permanent Residence Fee receipt, because I didn't pay upfront. I submitted this webform on the 17th Dec. Still waiting.

Hope, it hepls.

Best of luck!

dpap

Jun 11, 2019
Hi,
I did that recently.
First, they requested my renewed passport, because the old one was expiring. I submitted a webform and in 10 business got an email from ircc, that they accepted it. Also, the was an update in my GC account.
Second, they required the Right of Permanent Residence Fee receipt, because I didn't pay upfront. I submitted this webform on the 17th Dec. Still waiting.

Hope, it hepls.

Best of luck!
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Wondering do you find an option in GCKey account to upload those documents? In my case, I have to submit additional proof of relationship, I can see update in my GCKey account where it says "Action Required", but I don't find an option to upload the documents in portal itself.

Thanks

Toxa

Aug 17, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Wondering do you find an option in GCKey account to upload those documents? In my case, I have to submit additional proof of relationship, I can see update in my GCKey account where it says "Action Required", but I don't find an option to upload the documents in portal itself.

Thanks
In case of the passport there was an option to upload it directly under "View submitted application or upload documents" section. But I did both this and a webform.
In case of the receipt I got an information letter in the "Messages about your application" section which asked to provide the confirmation of payment. I had no other options but to submit a webform.

mrsMdrd

Apr 9, 2020
In case of the passport there was an option to upload it directly under "View submitted application or upload documents" section. But I did both this and a webform.
In case of the receipt I got an information letter in the "Messages about your application" section which asked to provide the confirmation of payment. I had no other options but to submit a webform.
Hi! When did you submit your passport? I was asked the same thing and submitted it on dec 3rd. Still awaiting for their reply or any update on gckey. Did you notice when they updated your gckey after submission? Thanks!

Toxa

Aug 17, 2020
Hi! When did you submit your passport? I was asked the same thing and submitted it on dec 3rd. Still awaiting for their reply or any update on gckey. Did you notice when they updated your gckey after submission? Thanks!
Hi,
I submitted my passport on the 1st Nov and got the email with confirmation on the 16th Nov. My GC was updated the same day.

snuenna

Mar 12, 2020
Hi All! I got a request from IRCC that they want me to
Yes, send a web form. Yeah, I understand. I moved recently too. I updated both mine and my partner’s at the same time through web form. Just explain in the web form that you both moved. If you say you moved, they won’t assume he moved too, lol.
Hey you! I finally gathered all documents as much as possible and I kinda wanna ask here before i submit them.
i wrote, LOE that explains the timeline of our address changes and explained that address wasn't updated right away, that it was an honest mistake.
Attachments:
2 residential tenancy agreements (we lived 2 different addresses last 2 years)
2 Landlord's (from each place) letters that we rented the suite together
2 letters from friends
1 letter from sponsor's mother
joint bank account statements showing rent payments
group benefit insurance form
DL and health cards with updated addresses
T1 summary that shows each other as spouse
more pictures of us

unfortunately, cannot submit phone bills/bank statement of sponsor as the sponsor has been lazy updating his address and they don't align with our actual living timeline.

our rent includes utilities so we don't have joint utility accounts.

do you think those docs would be sufficient? do you have any more thoughts on what i should add to that list?

Thank you in advance !! :)

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Hi All! I got a request from IRCC that they want me to

Hey you! I finally gathered all documents as much as possible and I kinda wanna ask here before i submit them.
i wrote, LOE that explains the timeline of our address changes and explained that address wasn't updated right away, that it was an honest mistake.
Attachments:
2 residential tenancy agreements (we lived 2 different addresses last 2 years)
2 Landlord's (from each place) letters that we rented the suite together
2 letters from friends
1 letter from sponsor's mother
joint bank account statements showing rent payments
group benefit insurance form
DL and health cards with updated addresses
T1 summary that shows each other as spouse
more pictures of us

unfortunately, cannot submit phone bills/bank statement of sponsor as the sponsor has been lazy updating his address and they don't align with our actual living timeline.

our rent includes utilities so we don't have joint utility accounts.

do you think those docs would be sufficient? do you have any more thoughts on what i should add to that list?

Thank you in advance !! :)
The documents you’ve gathered all sound good. The letters are good but the content is very important. Make sure they clearly support what you’re trying to prove and make sure they are hand signed.

I’m still not quite sure if your application is common law or spousal. If you submitted a spousal application, you don’t need to prove one year of continuous cohabitation. This burden only falls on couples who apply as common law.

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to know for sure that the documents are sufficient. I would need to see them and everything else that was submitted previously.

If you submitted as common law, I would say, submit all tenancy agreements you’ve had from October 2018 until the date you submitted your application. All the documents and letters you’ve gathered, should support your claim that you and your partner have lived together in a committed relationship from Oct 2018 to Jan 2020.

Include mail that was received by both you and your partner: close up pictures of packages from Amazon or eBay showing your name or/and your partner’s name and address on them, copies of any correspondence mailed to you and your partner showing your names and address on them. Text messages - any messages over the years in which you guys communicate about chores, groceries, bills etc. Make sure the screenshots of those messages have the date/time on them.

Remember that if this is a spousal application, then everything I have said above does not apply to your case. You would need to call IRCC and ask them to clarify their request.

Reactions: J20190911

snuenna

Mar 12, 2020
Thank you thank you so much for your reply!!!!!
We are common law, i got all letters hand signed and i think additionally i am gonna dig into some of our messages and skip the dishes order history and amazon order confirmations.
my concern is now how am i gonna upload all this crazy pages and pages of documents on their webform.. on the webform, they don't accept zip file only accepts PDF, JPEG, TIFF, DOC, or DOCX formats and total size must be 3.5MB or smaller. All files I have gathered so far is about 14 mb already and it is only going to get bigger. Do you have any tips on that?

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Thank you thank you so much for your reply!!!!!
We are common law, i got all letters hand signed and i think additionally i am gonna dig into some of our messages and skip the dishes order history and amazon order confirmations.
my concern is now how am i gonna upload all this crazy pages and pages of documents on their webform.. on the webform, they don't accept zip file only accepts PDF, JPEG, TIFF, DOC, or DOCX formats and total size must be 3.5MB or smaller. All files I have gathered so far is about 14 mb already and it is only going to get bigger. Do you have any tips on that?
You can try Acrobat Pro DC. You might need to sign up for the free trial though or pay for one month of use. It has features that allow you to combine files and shrink the final product until it is the size you want.

You will need to play around with it a lot until you get the size you want. Acrobat is very useful for combining multiple documents, splitting and compressing files e.t.c.

There might be other options too. Hopefully other users can chime in with suggestions.

mrsMdrd

Apr 9, 2020
Hi,
I submitted my passport on the 1st Nov and got the email with confirmation on the 16th Nov. My GC was updated the same day.
Thank you!! When your gckey was updated, did it say ‘not applicable’ on the request for additional documents part?