+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Hi Everyone!! I need some help or opinion over here.
I have provided bio and medical passed and today i got request letter saying that "You did not provide sufficient evidence of cohabitation. Please
provide additional evidence of cohabitation that could be used to confirm whether a sponsored spouse
or partner has been continuously cohabiting with their sponsor for at least 1 year prior to the receipt
of the application (2020/01/23). You must provide documentary evidence to show that you and your
sponsor resided at the same address from 2018/01/10 to 2020/01/23"
First of all, i have provided rental agreement, vehicle insurance, benefit insurance, joint bank account, NOAs, credit card bills etc.
Second of all, why do they ask for 2 years prior to AOR?? Has anyone experienced similar situation? I have a feeling that it might have been a mistake but also at the same time do they really make this kind of obvious mistake??
We started living officially on October 2018 and so I have provided 1 year cohabitation, so i don't know what to do!
if you applied as common law, you need to prove CONTINUOUS cohabitation with your partner from January 23rd, 2019 to January 23rd, 2020. They asked you for proof from October 2018 to January 2020 because you claimed in your application that you have been living together since October 2018. It is not a mistake. They asked for it because they assume you have it.

Really, you don’t need to provide proof from October 2018. They only need one year proof of continuous cohabitation. If you are common law, the evidence you provided is not enough to prove one year of continuous cohabitation. You need to provide more. What you need to do is send them anything you can gather that shows you have been living together with no breaks in btw from January 23rd, 2019 to January 23rd, 2020. You can send proof from before January 2019 but if you can prove one year of continuous cohabitation dating back from the day your application was received, anything else you provide is really just a bonus.

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Mice is very correct. However, the easiest thing for you to do is prove one year of continuous cohabitation dating back from the day your application was received. This way, there are no questions asked. No gaps in between.

if you try to prove one year of continuous cohabitation from October 2018 to October 2019, IRCC will wonder what happened from october 2019 to January 2020. Did you guys break up? Were you still living together? Because if you broke up and got back together again between October 2019 and January 2020 then you are no longer common law. You have to live together again continuously for one year to re-establish common law.

Reactions: snuenna

snuenna

Mar 12, 2020
if you applied as common law, you need to prove CONTINUOUS cohabitation with your partner from January 23rd, 2019 to January 23rd, 2020. They asked you for proof from October 2018 to January 2020 because you claimed in your application that you have been living together since October 2018. It is not a mistake. They asked for it because they assume you have it.

Really, you don’t need to provide proof from October 2018. They only need one year proof of continuous cohabitation. If you are common law, the evidence you provided is not enough to prove one year of continuous cohabitation. You need to provide more. What you need to do is send them anything you can gather that shows you have been living together with no breaks in btw from January 23rd, 2019 to January 23rd, 2020. You can send proof from before January 2019 but if you can prove one year of continuous cohabitation dating back from the day your application was received, anything else you provide is really just a bonus.
thank you all for leaving comments! Really appreciate it!!
They asked for proof from January2018 to janurary 2020, not from october 2018 where we started living together! Thats why i got very confused.We were dating back in Jan2018 but did not live together until Oct 2018. Anyways if i can prove that we have lived continuously from Oct 2018 to now it all should be good right?
I think the only thing i can think of is credit card statement or phone bills that we can print off from oct 2018 and if our address is showed as same address do you think that’ll be enough? I can also ask my landlord to write a letter that we have lived together as he knows from coming in to our suite to fix stuff we were always here together. I don’t know what else. Joint bank account already submitted and it only says when we opened the account. Vehicle insurance as well submitted but only the date we did insurance showed. Rental agreement only shows the start date of the lease. Our rent includes utilities so we don’t have any joint utility bills. I have submitted employment benefit that my partner is covered as dependent (spouse) only shows the date that i put him in the plan. Anything else you think might help?

snuenna

Mar 12, 2020
Mice is very correct. However, the easiest thing for you to do is prove one year of continuous cohabitation dating back from the day your application was received. This way, there are no questions asked. No gaps in between.

if you try to prove one year of continuous cohabitation from October 2018 to October 2019, IRCC will wonder what happened from october 2019 to January 2020. Did you guys break up? Were you still living together? Because if you broke up and got back together again between October 2019 and January 2020 then you are no longer common law. You have to live together again continuously for one year to re-establish common law.
Thank you so much for leaving the comment. I have replied above! Please add more if you have more knowledge that would help my situation ! Thank you thank you :)

snuenna

Mar 12, 2020
You have to provide evidence of cohabitation until 2020/01/23, do not Cut off any time line during 2018/01/10 to 2020/01/23, they figured out you show only 1 year cohabitation, so now they ask you all the time line. You gave them a big question “you live together sometime, they’re not sure you still live together, What if you didn’t live together at the time you submitted your application” you dropped some points.
Have you checked this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html
They will request “currently cohabitating”
Omg thank you so much for the link!
we moved to a new place in June and my partner (even though i asked million times to change the address)forgot to change his address but i did. And so IRCC is like you guys’ current address dont match. ;(should have used more nagging!!!!!!

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
They asked for proof from January2018 to janurary 2020, not from october 2018 where we started living together! Thats why i got very confused.We were dating back in Jan2018 but did not live together until Oct 2018. Anyways if i can prove that we have lived continuously from Oct 2018 to now it all should be good right?
I think the only thing i can think of is credit card statement or phone bills that we can print off from oct 2018 and if our address is showed as same address do you think that’ll be enough? I can also ask my landlord to write a letter that we have lived together as he knows from coming in to our suite to fix stuff we were always here together. I don’t know what else. Joint bank account already submitted and it only says when we opened the account. Vehicle insurance as well submitted but only the date we did insurance showed. Rental agreement only shows the start date of the lease. Our rent includes utilities so we don’t have any joint utility bills. I have submitted employment benefit that my partner is covered as dependent (spouse) only shows the date that i put him in the plan. Anything else you think might help?
Is this a common law application? If so, the letter from the landlord is very good. Make sure he hand signs the letter. Make sure the letter specifies that you have lived together from October 2018 to January 2020.

The date on the request letter must be wrong then. I’m guessing they meant to say 2018/10/01 and not 2018/01/10. Call IRCC to confirm.

Get more letters from family, friends and neighbours specifying you lived together from October 2018 to January 2020. Make sure they are hand signed. The phone bills are good. Definitely include them.

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Omg thank you so much for the link!
we moved to a new place in June and my partner (even though i asked million times to change the address)forgot to change his address but i did. And so IRCC is like you guys’ current address dont match. ;(should have used more nagging!!!!!!
Lol, you can change it for him. It is YOUR application right? If you didn’t assign someone else as a rep on your application, you, the principal applicant can change both your address and the sponsor’s address. Write a web form explaining that his address has changed. Include his new address as well.

snuenna

Mar 12, 2020
Lol, you can change it for him. It is YOUR application right? If you didn’t assign someone else as a rep on your application, you, the principal applicant can change both your address and the sponsor’s address. Write a web form explaining that his address has changed. Include his new address as well.
Okay so not just his address on CRA / driver license, i should do the web form to change his address for the application? Omg how did i not even think about including him when i changed mine! I really simply thought i moved so he moved too lol!! But clearly officer won’t lol!!

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Okay so not just his address on CRA / driver license, i should do the web form to change his address for the application? Omg how did i not even think about including him when i changed mine! I really simply thought i moved so he moved too lol!! But clearly officer won’t lol!!
Yes, send a web form. Yeah, I understand. I moved recently too. I updated both mine and my partner’s at the same time through web form. Just explain in the web form that you both moved. If you say you moved, they won’t assume he moved too, lol.

PomL77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
You have to provide evidence of cohabitation until 2020/01/23, do not Cut off any time line during 2018/01/10 to 2020/01/23, they figured out you show only 1 year cohabitation, so now they ask you all the time line. You gave them a big question “you live together sometime, they’re not sure you still live together, What if you didn’t live together at the time you submitted your application” you dropped some points.
Have you checked this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html
They will request “currently cohabitating”
do you have rental receipts

871012wang

May 27, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
IELTS Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-05-2017
got biometric request on 17 oct and submitted on 17 nov
any guess when I will receive medical for my spouse ?
I thins for most of the people Biometric and Medical request comes in 2 weeks. After Medical passed and biometric done. Usually 1 month to have SA and AIP. DM and PPR is usually very unpredictable. Sometimes 1 days. Sometimes 1 week. Or even more.

Reactions: PomL77