+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

eks8992

Nov 21, 2020
Hey, I thought I’d share that I called up IRCC previously and had asked them to look into the medical delay. I called up again today and found that medical was finally approved and also all other checks like background etc. we’re also complete. I later went online and found the account was updated. We didn’t receive an email or anything. The agent said that a DM announcement is the only step remaining. Thanks again to everyone for their help!

Gritten

Mar 28, 2017
Some things seem to be slowing down a bit again. For a lot of January applicants there was a lot of people in the whatsapp group getting AIP/SA and DM.

We had our decision made last week but haven't had any updates since then. We called IRCC and were informed we were approved for PR, however we just need to wait for the VO to send along the COPR and schedule the virtual landing details with the Etobicoke office. I assume that the Etobicoke office handles a bulk of COPR stuff for Ontario and with the large amount of applications in the Greater Toronto Area it likely takes some time. Hoping we see something in the next week or so. I see applicants from Alberta getting COPR relatively quickly (within days) of receiving their DM

PomL77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Some things seem to be slowing down a bit again. For a lot of January applicants there was a lot of people in the whatsapp group getting AIP/SA and DM.

We had our decision made last week but haven't had any updates since then. We called IRCC and were informed we were approved for PR, however we just need to wait for the VO to send along the COPR and schedule the virtual landing details with the Etobicoke office. I assume that the Etobicoke office handles a bulk of COPR stuff for Ontario and with the large amount of applications in the Greater Toronto Area it likely takes some time. Hoping we see something in the next week or so. I see applicants from Alberta getting COPR relatively quickly (within days) of receiving their DM
Hi thats great news congrats! Does anyone know know the timeline between DM COPR ans next step?? Whats the whatsapp group??

Thanks!!

ivyivyng

Jan 21, 2019
As of November 30, Service Canada will reopen their Appointment System for scheduling biometrics appointments online:

✔Services are by appointment only through the System, there are no walk-in appointments available at Service Canada locations.
✔Clients who have not been contacted by a Service Canada officer should use the tool to schedule their own appointment at the Service Canada location closest to them, as stated in the Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL).
✔Permanent residents who have not enrolled their biometrics within the past ten years are required to make a biometrics appointment to complete their application.
✔Temporary residents residing in Canada are exempt from the biometric requirement.

Learn more: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/biometrics-tool-reopening.html

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi All,

My wife just now received an eligibility passed letter. I am assuming this is AIP?
There is no change on ecas or eligibility/background status.

Is this also SA? Or we will be getting another document for that?
Also, the letter metions that application processing is complete and ircc office will contact us for finalizing the application? Is that for landing?

Thanks in advance

Jen86748

Apr 7, 2020
Hello everyone!

I believe I received my AIP and my boyfriend received SA this morning through eligibility passed emails.

Timeline:
January 6th: Application received
February 28th: AOR
August 12th: OWP with restrictions
August 22nd: Medical passed
August 22nd: OWP without restrictions
September 30th: Biometrics request
October 16th: Proof of cohabitation request
October 27th: Biometrics appointment
October 29th: Submitted proof of cohabitation
November 29th: SA and AIP

Wensy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hello everyone!

I believe I received my AIP and my boyfriend received SA this morning through eligibility passed emails.

Timeline:
January 6th: Application received
October 27th: Biometrics appointment
October 29th: Submitted proof of cohabitation
Congrats !
May I ask one question that when you want to remove the restrictions on OWP, did you apply again or just did you send webform?

Reactions: J20190911

Jen86748

Apr 7, 2020
Congrats !
May I ask one question that when you want to remove the restrictions on OWP, did you apply again or just did you send webform?
I initially sent the results in with my application but they weren’t accepted. I then contacted my MP and she resent the medical results to IRCC for me and then they approved it... the issue was resolved very quick!

Jen86748

Apr 7, 2020
Hi everyone!!

I just received notice that I am officially a permanent resident of Canada. Thank you so much to everyone for help during this journey! I look forward to seeing good news for all!

Timeline:
January 6th: App received
October 27th: Biometrics completed
October 29th: Proof of cohabitation submitted
November 30th: CoPR

329 days total.

Wensy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi everyone!!

I just received notice that I am officially a permanent resident of Canada. Thank you so much to everyone for help during this journey! I look forward to seeing good news for all!

Timeline:

329 days total.
Congrats!

PomL77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi everyone!!

Timeline:

329 days total.
Did they send for a medical request??

Veenzw

Dec 30, 2019
Good Afternoon,

I am a Jan 6th applicant and I did my Biometrics and medicals in October . Yesterday I received a proof relationship letter. My question is , when I applied I sent in a whole lot of documents including joint bank accounts, pictures from our wedding, marriage certificate, joint leases , photos from the beginning of our relationship since 2012, joint hydro bill, phone bill with our address on them , important documents showing the same address . in short I sent a really big detailed file but im guessing they did not find it to be enough. Im just trying to figure out what else I can send to them cause I don't have any new or additional documents I can send and Im afraid whatever I send will be repetition?

Reactions: PomL77

prive6399

Jan 2, 2020
Congratulations!!!!

can you post your time line here
It was a weird timeline, but here it goes:
Application sent on January 6th, 2020
Application received on January 8th, 2020
Acknowledgement of receipt March 4th, 2020
They did not request a medical exam, but we submitted one upfront from an extension on my wife's visitor that we requested in July 2020.
We didn't hear anything back for a long time
July 22, 2020 my wife's OWP was approved
August 10, 2020 we received my wife's OWP by mail.
November 25, 2020 we got an email stating that she passed the eligibility.
December 2, 2020 we got an email stating her application was approved.

We never received a request for biometrics (because she submitted her biometrics when she applied for her visitor visa back in 2018).

Reactions: PomL77