+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Jen86748

Apr 7, 2020
I contacted my MP's office and one of the assistant told me she made an inquiry to get more information about my work permit. I hope I will hear good news from her soon.

I would never have known I could ask my MP about this if you didn't share your story with us.

Thank you so much!
That makes me so happy to hear. Keep me updated on how everything works out! I have received my new work permit without conditions. The process took less than two weeks to fix!

Reactions: J20190911

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hey K.h.p, I have a question regarding my application. I have received a request letter stating the following
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
 XXXXXXXX - NAME of my dependant:
 IMM 5604 Declaration: Please submit a completed Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada Form (IMM5604). Note that a photocopy of a valid and legible identity document of the Non-Accompany Parent/Guardian must be included.

I already got the IMM5604 ready and the non-accompanying parent scanned valid passport. My question is are they listing my son's Study permit to resubmit it again or to indicate for him? It looks like listed not a title and I have already submitted it with my e-APR
Also, where I have to upload the documents requested it in my CIC account it says Replacement Needed- IMM5604
I will combine it with the passport. AND my son's SP if needed. I wondered why they said "Replacement Needed" not additional documents as this was never requested before.

Please help, I just want to make sure that I submit what they need neither less nor more
I honestly don't know what you're asking, sorry.

Wensy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
My wife's open work permit got approved yesterday. Application was recieved on 3rd feb 2020.
Wow! Congrats!
May I ask one thing to you? Did ur wife get the AOR? cuz I am just wondering that I got a biometric reminder letter and on the top I could see the file number, so I am thinking it is also kind of AOR. Can I get ur wife timeline?

Last edited:

kavitpatel

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
We sent a file on 30th Jan 2020 and they received it on 3RD FEB 2020. AOR on 31st June 2020 and today they approved the WP. Not sure when we receive hard copy.

Wensy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Cuz I am Mar 4th applicant. N now I can guess I will get the owp in one month (actually nobody knows). But so far I haven't received AOR yet. Only biometric reminder letter on August 18th. So I am asking to you . Really congrats though:D

purpleorange_89

Feb 24, 2020
Just a head up to anyone on implied status in SK, I emailed sask Healthcare as mones run out, you normally need your work permit thru to renew it, however because of covid and things being slow, as long as you send in proof that you have applied for it they will temporarily renew it for you, so you have health coverage.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Just a head up to anyone on implied status in SK, I emailed sask Healthcare as mones run out, you normally need your work permit thru to renew it, however because of covid and things being slow, as long as you send in proof that you have applied for it they will temporarily renew it for you, so you have health coverage.
That is good I hope this happens also in Ontario

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Have you tried contacting them? There is literally nothing on the website on the SK one! I'd never have known til I emailed!
Yes, I did, and even though they said it is extended automatically until Nov. I could not make an appointment with an expired OHIP. They assured me that I can not extend it without an actual letter that my PR process is about to finish, or the work permit has been already issued. I will retry again as this might take a longer time than expected, and my son and I with no coverage for two months.