+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****January 2020 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Jen86748

Apr 7, 2020
How did you inquire about it?
The webform?
I actually called my MP’s office and asked if they would be able to help. I sent them my medical and OWP and they were able to check on it for me with IRCC. Everyone has a different MP based on where they live so I have seen that not everyone has the best luck with this route. But mine was very helpful so I think it’s worth it to ask yours!

fresh_chicken

Mar 24, 2020
I actually called my MP’s office and asked if they would be able to help. I sent them my medical and OWP and they were able to check on it for me with IRCC. Everyone has a different MP based on where they live so I have seen that not everyone has the best luck with this route. But mine was very helpful so I think it’s worth it to ask yours!
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just double checking what you meant by MP is, a member of parliament right?

Jen86748

Apr 7, 2020
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just double checking what you meant by MP is, a member of parliament right?
No problem! This has been a learning experience for me as well and I am thankful for the forum to help me navigate this process. But yes, it’s a member of parliament. I just contacted their office and asked. I couldn’t get through to IRCC on the phone myself. Every time I would call the phone would just hang up when I asked to speak to someone.

Reactions: Yasha123

Toxa

Aug 17, 2020
Hi, you submitted your work permit by mail or online? Thank you!
Hi,
I submitted the whole file: PR + OWP application by mail.
Later I linked my paper application to my IRCC account. I phoned IRCC support and they helped me with this procedure.

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi All,

My wife's OWP was approved almost 3 weeks back but we still haven't received the hardcopy in mail.
We got an email saying that the OWP has been issued.

When we called IRCC, they said your PR application is pending approval for "approved in principal" and without that they will not be able to release the OWP.

Has anyone else received the AIP? is yes, can you please share your timeline

Reactions: J20190911

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi All,

My wife's OWP was approved almost 3 weeks back but we still haven't received the hardcopy in mail.

When we called IRCC, they said your PR application is pending approval for "approved in principal" and without that they will not be able to release the OWP.

Many people have received the OWP.

If you have received a PDF letter saying the OWP has been approved, you can ignore anything that the call centre told you because they're wrong, as they often are.

If you haven't received your work permit, submit a webform.

Akgargcse

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Many people have received the OWP.

If you have received a PDF letter saying the OWP has been approved, you can ignore anything that the call centre told you because they're wrong, as they often are.

If you haven't received your work permit, submit a webform.
Thank you for the reply. Yes, we did receive the PDF

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone,
Can un unpaid representative (brother) link the PR application to his account?
Maybe. But it can only be linked to one account at a time. Why not just link it to yours and tell your brother the tiny amount of information the GCKey shows you?

fresh_chicken

Mar 24, 2020
No problem! This has been a learning experience for me as well and I am thankful for the forum to help me navigate this process. But yes, it’s a member of parliament. I just contacted their office and asked. I couldn’t get through to IRCC on the phone myself. Every time I would call the phone would just hang up when I asked to speak to someone.
I contacted my MP's office and one of the assistant told me she made an inquiry to get more information about my work permit. I hope I will hear good news from her soon.

I would never have known I could ask my MP about this if you didn't share your story with us.

Thank you so much!

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hi All,

When did you apply for OWP?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Maybe. But it can only be linked to one account at a time. Why not just link it to yours and tell your brother the tiny amount of information the GCKey shows you?
Hey K.h.p, I have a question regarding my application. I have received a request letter stating the following
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
 XXXXXXXX - NAME of my dependant:
 IMM 5604 Declaration: Please submit a completed Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada Form (IMM5604). Note that a photocopy of a valid and legible identity document of the Non-Accompany Parent/Guardian must be included.

I already got the IMM5604 ready and the non-accompanying parent scanned valid passport. My question is are they listing my son's Study permit to resubmit it again or to indicate for him? It looks like listed not a title and I have already submitted it with my e-APR
Also, where I have to upload the documents requested it in my CIC account it says Replacement Needed- IMM5604
I will combine it with the passport. AND my son's SP if needed. I wondered why they said "Replacement Needed" not additional documents as this was never requested before.

Please help, I just want to make sure that I submit what they need neither less nor more

Last edited: