+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Hi all,

I am Canadian citizen. My wife applied for Express Entry and received AOR in January 2020.

Below are some details:
- CEC Inland
- CPC Ottawa
- Criminality Passed
- Medical Passed - Expired (but received note that it has been extended)
- Security - Not Started
- Eligibility - Review Required

We received a "procedural fairness" request for document in May 2020 since there was an issue with the employment letter's dates. We immediately provided the correct information and additional supporting documents and paystubs to show that my wife has been working for the required amount of time. The GCMS notes show that all the information has been received.

We also got married after the AOR. We provided my passport and our marriage certificate in web form to update the application.

According to GCMS notes, this is the last update to the application (prior to medical extension) in June 2020. We have been contacting IRCC and our local MP for further updates on why the application is stuck on eligibility and security screening. However, there has been no material movement according to the responses. I am wondering if anyone here has seen similar situation. Does it look like we missed any important information that may help to proceed with the eligibility and security check?

Thanks!
I am in the same situation, did everything but no progress. I guess we would just have to wait some more.

thesurgeon

Oct 23, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon
Request your opinion.
I received my stamped study visa last week. My POE letter has not been updated in my account. My tickets are scheduled in 10 days. In the worst case scenario, will I be allowed to enter Canada without the POE letter and ONLY the stamped visa?

Last edited:

Olu_01

Aug 24, 2020
Hi All,

Sure everyone is doing great.

Has anyone traveled to Canada with expired PRV/COPR from the USA? This is based on the weblink below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

My COPR/PRV has expired and I plan to travel to Canada with those expired documents. The weblink above says people with expired docs can travel to Canada if they're from the USA. How true is this?

Kash1994

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Hello everyone

My MP contacted IRCC today to follow up on my file. He was informed IRCC is starting to issue PPR's by end of this week or starting next week however, they did not give us any official timeline. Files will be processed based on various factors such as VO work load , file status and etc. I just hope we hear some positive news next week

Mariem Rita

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hello everyone

My MP contacted IRCC today to follow up on my file. He was informed IRCC is starting to issue PPR's by end of this week or starting next week however, they did not give us any official timeline. Files will be processed based on various factors such as VO work load , file status and etc. I just hope we hear some positive news next week
thank you for sharing this! Let's only hope for the best and good luck to all applicants!

Preetham.v

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Hello everyone

may be he meant for inland? or PPRs for outland applicants?

Preetham.v

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Hello everyone

looks like the MP straight up lied, as politicians usually do.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2019-aor-join-here.661770/post-9592196

Kash1994

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Hello everyone

I really hope so... The wait has been crazy! Considering the memo was Aug 1st and you spoke to them yesterday, I really hope we get some positive communication about next steps in the coming week or month.. Just so tired of waiting..

Reactions: Kash1994

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Hello everyone

Hoping for the best. Tired of waiting.

Punk6

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Reactions: Kash1994 and pk2711

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
This memo does not speak of the situation at the moment (even if it was legitimate). FSW-O COPR holders have been allowed to enter since August which proves that the supposed pause in entry has been overcome.
agree and the website also now has an intended entry date of Sept 7th for fully vaccinated foreign nationals. Just hope things speed up. It's really demoralizing to wake up to such articles.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Hello everyone

Hey is this only related to CEC and spousal applications?? Or are they planning to start finalizing fsw too by the end of next wk??

VOBIEGBU

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Hello everyone

woow nice one, is that also for we PNP outlanders?