Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Oh yeah, I was posting this a few days ago on Facebook groups. But CoPRs are now allowed to land, and have been for a month already. So, that delay doesn't hold water anymore. That won't be a valid reason to deny FSW-Os PR in August/September. We're allowed to land. The border is opening for tourists. Those erroneous arrivals they referred to are a thing of the past.

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
Oh yeah, I was posting this a few days ago on Facebook groups. But CoPRs are now allowed to land, and have been for a month already. So, that delay doesn't hold water anymore. That won't be a valid reason to deny FSW-Os PR in August/September. We're allowed to land. The border is opening for tourists. Those erroneous arrivals they referred to are a thing of the past.
Lets hope for the best

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
@Jraci Can I ask where you get this information? Or is this your personal feeling? Because you are the second person who talks about March 2022...
IRCC is not at all serious about outland applicants, their internal memo which magically surfaced proves my point. Their focus is on CEC Inland and for time being that's what they will prioritise.
I am not trying to project a gloomy picture but that's what it is.
If they can let visitors and students into their country what's stopping them from letting us?

USA recorded close to 200k cases today and yet they are given preference over other
countries https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/08/01/canada-faces-a-staggering-immigration-backlog-with-the-border-reopening-and-applicants-anxious-to-get-here-how-should-ottawa-prioritize.html

Backlog of 375000 permanent resident applications. Imagine that now

Last edited:

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
IRCC is not at all serious about outland applicants, their internal memo which magically surfaced proves my point. Their focus is on CEC Inland and for time being that's what they will prioritise.
I am not trying to project a gloomy picture but that's what it is.
If they can let visitors and students into their country what's stopping them from letting us?

USA recorded close to 200k cases today and yet they are given preference over other
countries https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/08/01/canada-faces-a-staggering-immigration-backlog-with-the-border-reopening-and-applicants-anxious-to-get-here-how-should-ottawa-prioritize.html

Backlog of 375000 permanent resident applications. Imagine that now
where is the memo link?

Hasrat123

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
My immigration consultant told.me that 2 applicants fm india got ppr . One is pnp saska aor dec 2019 and one is spousal case sept 201o

Reactions: pk2711

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Got the survey, which I am guessing is sent randomly. I had got a similar survey almost a year back with minor changes to the questions. Anyhow it doesn't matter who got the email as they have mentioned that it was completely random.
AOR - Nov 12 2019, Outland. Waiting for COPR.

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
My immigration consultant told.me that 2 applicants fm india got ppr . One is pnp saska aor dec 2019 and one is spousal case sept 201o
That is good news! If two from your agency got it, many others from across the country might have as well. It's good to know that at least the file for outland is moving even though at a snail's pace.

ESS1925

Jun 29, 2020
I don't think the borders restrictions are what is holding IRCC from sending PPRs and COPRs. It seems that working from home and unions pressure to not return to offices. They have lifted the restrictions on US residents COPRs holders from summer last year and there was no movement on that side too.

Reactions: matteosc