+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
It makes sense for Canada and US. You can enter after Sep 7 because it is open for everyone.
I do not think it make sense to make a distinction between temporary and permanent US residents. I live here (US), I was vaccinated here, I did not travel in more than one year, why should I not be allowed to cross the border?

However, it is what it is. As always, things do not make 100% sense, we will just have to wait.

Reactions: akriti91

Hellocanada2525

Nov 28, 2020
They just extended it by another month till August 21 for India. This includes direct flight bans. Indians can travel via a third country, however, that seems like an option for Students. It feels more and more by each passing day that Express entry folks are their last priority. For the Canadian experience class, they are processing applications received in September 2020 now, which is almost a year ago, so they have enough work with CEC itself, why would they focus on Outland folks. Just depressing!
I know, this is unfortunately sad to see this happening
I want to correct your statement, not sept 2020, people who applied in May 2021 are getting PPR’s now. It is very very depressing.

Reactions: Vipin123

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
I know, this is unfortunately sad to see this happening
I want to correct your statement, not sept 2020, people who applied in May 2021 are getting PPR’s now. It is very very depressing.
Soooo depressing man. Taking them as little as 47 days to get approved whilst others have been waiting for almost 2 years...

Reactions: Vipin123

Hellocanada2525

Nov 28, 2020
Biden splits from Trudeau, extending travel curbs at U.S.-Canada land border.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/07/21/canada-us-border-closed-biden/

this is like a slap on the face, US is not opening borders for Canada despite Canada opening border for US.

god, I hope they realize whom to invite first. We are desperately waiting from years to be welcomed.

it’s like inviting the people who doesn’t want to be at your birthday party instead of people who really love you and really want to be part of it.

Last edited:

totoro03

Dec 27, 2020
AOR - November 21,2019
MEP- December 10,2019
GU- March 05,2020
GU- May 08,2020
Called on May 22, 2020, agent said everything looks good on your application but didn't give me specific status of eligibility, criminality and security.
Application status changed to Approved on June 05,2020.
COPR letter in email June 05,2020.

Good Luck everyone, everybody will get this golden email soon... its just matter of time.. i know this wait is frustrating.
May I know whats the number to call? My AOR is also Nov 2019 and it hasn't updated anything

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
FSW, file approved March 2020, no copr but I have been working in Canada for a while.

I tried updating address using webform and over the phone. There was no confirmation of that either.
Thanks for the response mate! I’m actually stuck in the same situation like you(only that I’m not working—I came in with TRV under family exemption). File has been approved since April 2020 but no COPR. They requested a remedical and updated address/UCI number (as an additional doc request) last month. Since then,it’s been dead silence again. Please how were you able to start work? Do you have a work permit?

Reactions: Lithin

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Thanks for the response mate! I’m actually stuck in the same situation like you(only that I’m not working—I came in with TRV under family exemption). File has been approved since April 2020 but no COPR. They requested a remedical and updated address/UCI number (as an additional doc request) last month. Since then,it’s been dead silence again. Please how were you able to start work? Do you have a work permit?
I just applied for a work permit at the border. I thought I had to do it beforehand, but my boss just told me to get it at the border.

Reactions: Pandora18

Lithin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Hey did you try calling them after you sent the updated address.
I have been looking at the possibility for applying open work permit for my partner as well. I see that people who are in Canada on visitor visa can temporarily apply for open work permit, but I’m not totally sure if it would work or not

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hey did you try calling them after you sent the updated address.
I have been looking at the possibility for applying open work permit for my partner as well. I see that people who are in Canada on visitor visa can temporarily apply for open work permit, but I’m not totally sure if it would work or not
Hey. Yes I did. But no positive/meaningful response. If you’ve a spouse in the process of PR sponsorship, I think you can apply for an open work permit for them. I’m not clear on how this works, you can seek more guidance.

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
FSW, file approved March 2020, no copr but I have been working in Canada for a while.

I tried updating address using webform and over the phone. There was no confirmation of that either.
when did you move there may i ask

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
Only for a couple months. Nothing changed at all really on the application. It would be nice if they exempt my remed, but I didn't receive the email.
may we connect in private? i cannot send you msg